The Random Discussion / Argument Thread

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Sun Ra

Baked
Community Member
User ID

This newsletter is brought to you by Non-alcoholic Hard Solo, Australia's newest drink

hddbtnTsnnRttghIYpVvuvdxHtk9tNdmJLYM0ibW.png

Issue 254 - 17th November 2023

The woke brigade are coming for our ‘unconstitutional punishment’​

Dear Australia,

Peter Dutton here, writing to you to tell you about a very concerning trend in this new age of woke politics.
You may have seen that the High Court ruled that locking up asylum seekers indefinitely without cause is an ‘unconstitutional punishment’.

The decision is quite confounding. They’ve clearly never been the Manus Island or Nauru. We’ve been locking up people without cause for decades!

Instead, the High Court, or the Woke Court, as I like to call it, decided that we must let dangerous asylum seekers out onto the streets just because we didn’t exactly follow some made-up process they invented called “the law”.

But everyone knows that to protect the rule of law sometimes you just have to break the rule of law.

And frankly, if you start letting judges decide what should and shouldn’t be legal, it opens a whole can of worms. Will they start insisting that Queensland cops have to obey laws when arresting Indigenous youths? Or mining companies have to pay tax? It’ll overturn centuries of tradition in this country.

Australia, I call on you all to be afraid. None of the asylum seekers that were released this week are white. That should be enough to prove that the constitution doesn’t really apply to them anyway.

The Albanese Government has given in to every demand we have made to skirt the law and the constitution in order to protect the rule of law. But to that I say, why haven’t they gone further?

I acknowledge their work ignoring human rights experts and legal experts, but I call on them to go further and lock up the experts without cause too. If asylum seekers can be locked up without cause, why stop there? Let’s lock up the entire wokerati while we’re at it.

Remember Australia, at a divisive time like this in our nation, the best thing to do is to be afraid of anyone who doesn’t look like you. Then maybe, just maybe, we can come together in strength and unity to secure my polling numbers.

Yours,
Peter Dutton
Leader of Opposing​

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Depends on ones interpretation of the word, Bush. I don't see it as, derogatory. But more of defining manner to which it was grown, outdoors. But if someone uses it as Harry mentioned, "Not bad for bush". Well, that just exposes them to how uneducated they are with the matter.

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Getting ready to cook up a storm over the weekend. Have a few coming over.

Going with this recipe ........

View attachment 41670
I once read a recipe in woman’s weekly or something. Sent in by a reader.

Mix one can of baked beans with one can of pineapple pieces and serve cold for a delicious summer salad.

Next Mardi grass toy bring the camel I’ll bring the salad.

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Depends on ones interpretation of the word, Bush. I don't see it as, derogatory. But more of defining manner to which it was grown, outdoors. But if someone uses it as Harry mentioned, "Not bad for bush". Well, that just exposes them to how uneducated they are with the matter.

On a related note.
Do people call anything grown indoors “hydro”?
Probably.

I suspect people who talk the way I ranted about are people who only buy weed and not grow it.

Top Bottom