The Random Discussion / Argument Thread

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
I tried starting carnivore diet about four months ago,
Pretty hard to do coz if I’m out and about I succumb to carb foods ,I guess I’m closer to keto diet ,but have lost some weight and feel better when I don’t eat much carb food,,at home it’s red meat mostly beef and eggs, that’s it.
Beef contains all the nutrition we need,,and I don’t get constipated from lack of vegetable fibre,,anyway it’s working for me.
And I’ve cut sugar completely.
i think Genes give you a higher association when added to excess sugar consumption / insulin resistance , bad diet with ultra processed food & over use of alcohol, aka bad life style
but in no way a given if you can keep to a reasonably clean life style

things are definitely changing like cholesterol is not the devil we've been told it is , the constant lowering of reference levels has seen statins become the No 1 drug used world wide , which latest research says a person using a statins long term has a 4 day longer life than a person not using statins over the same time period , not to mention the starving of fat to the brain when on statins or low fat diets

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
just a note on cognitive decline
seems to be the currant thinking is , higher intake of sugar / carbs is associated with higher dementia rates along with decreasing consumption of dietary fat / increase use of statins
So I watched a podcast on Ozempic. Turns out it’s good for Alzheimers/dementia.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
@Aye Shroomer that's if you can stomach it, mate. I tried it recently, and basically ticked all the boxes of known side effects from it. So I gave it the flick. That said, I have always been skeptical about it since it landed in the country.

Nowadays, I'm basically on a protein diet (drop sugars 'n carbs), probably similar to itchy. And I've dropped 7kg this month. It's good to get it off, but I'd rather lose a kilo a week. Not a fan of dramatic weight loss, because more often than not you can regain it (and more) just as quick. When/if you drop your guard for a bit.

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
@Aye Shroomer not a fan of taking any pill if there is a more natural way of decreasing risk
ozempic is a very new drug , not sure being a guinea pig to build data would be a good life choice
lots of evidence out there now suggesting cleaning up your diet will go a long way to preventing illnesses
like Alzheimers/dementia , did you know Alzheimers is being called type 3 diabetes

@Indy not to mention the muscle mass loss that comes along with ozempic & the opposite effect on a higher protein diet considering muscle is protein based

Sun Ra

Baked
Community Member
User ID
The strange case of PAL Dog Food ........ 😵‍💫 (I've always been a bit of a ratbag) 🫥✅😇

1725071182914.jpeg

Just going through some old stuff and came across this. Letter I received from a multi-national law firm and my response ......

1725070920761.jpeg
1725070964011.jpeg
Reply:
1725071028747.jpeg

Had a mate assist me with the reply - a fellow horn blower who at the time was studying law at Monash Uni. These days he's a Federal Court Judge but still plays sax.

Last edited:

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Haha that’s nuts.
I know someone who worked for uncle Ben’s ( in charge of marketing Asia pacific )
I’ll show him. He will laugh.

Sun Ra

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Haha that’s nuts.
I know someone who worked for uncle Ben’s ( in charge of marketing Asia pacific )
I’ll show him. He will laugh.
PAL Dog Food - the band went for 7 years and we never changed the name. Just hardly played any gigs - maybe 3 or 4 a year.

Here is a link to a StKilda Festival show at Christchurch, Acland Street in Feb 1991. We did 6 StKilda Festivals.

Download link will work until 3 September 2024. File size is 66.3 MB. It's an mp3 file.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
@Aye Shroomer that's if you can stomach it, mate. I tried it recently, and basically ticked all the boxes of known side effects from it. So I gave it the flick. That said, I have always been skeptical about it since it landed in the country.

Nowadays, I'm basically on a protein diet (drop sugars 'n carbs), probably similar to itchy. And I've dropped 7kg this month. It's good to get it off, but I'd rather lose a kilo a week. Not a fan of dramatic weight loss, because more often than not you can regain it (and more) just as quick. When/if you drop your guard for a bit.
It’s a pretty controversial topic. I think it’s got benefits but also you have to look at the side affects and see if it’s worth it. And I agree, quick loss vs healthy habits is a big part of what works in the long run.

Watched a Diary of a CEO episode on small dose ozempic and it does some pretty amazing stuff that’s not directly related to weight loss but more gut health. I think it needs a lot more study though.
M

Indy

Misfit
User ID
It’s a pretty controversial topic. I think it’s got benefits but also you have to look at the side affects and see if it’s worth it. And I agree, quick loss vs healthy habits is a big part of what works in the long run.

Watched a Diary of a CEO episode on small dose ozempic and it does some pretty amazing stuff that’s not directly related to weight loss but more gut health. I think it needs a lot more study though.
M
For sure, it's probably a magic bullet for some folks that do benefit from the Drug with little to no side effects. It's just like all drugs, where it can work for some but not for others.

As for myself though, I seem to be having adverse effects with a lot of pharmaceutical drugs in my later years. So I got little choice but to tidy up my diet and lifestyle if I want to attempt to stretch it out further.

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
PAL Dog Food - the band went for 7 years and we never changed the name. Just hardly played any gigs - maybe 3 or 4 a year.

Here is a link to a StKilda Festival show at Christchurch, Acland Street in Feb 1991. We did 6 StKilda Festivals.

Download link will work until 3 September 2024. File size is 66.3 MB. It's an mp3 file.

Thanks. Have downloaded and will have a listen.

Sun Ra

Baked
Community Member
User ID

An islander walks up to a hooker​

And after checking the price he says “hey I want to do it island style”
“Sure “ she says as they begin to go at it hammer and tongs through every position and technique known to man, and each time she would ask “was that island style?” to which the answer every time was “no.. no.. no.. no.. no.. “
On and on they go until finally her repertoire is exhausted and they collapse in a sweaty heap, with the final answer also being “no.”
She can’t believe there could be another style out there and has to know “well what’s island style?!”

“Oh Island style: pay you next week”

benn0

Baked
Community Member
User ID
These were the times. Mowing the ocassional lawn, and getting around on your chopper pushy with extended forks and butterfly handlebars.

View attachment 51555
Theres a young bloke carting around a mower in a trailer towed behind his bmx in the township, young bloke said he cant stand sitting at school so left at 16 and went to mow grass and apparently hes got a booming business, good on him I reckon known far too many kids to quit school at 16 and flounder on youth allowance until there hasseled into a job or learn to feign illness

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
man. it’s all happening.
i love with someone who has bipolar and she is having a manic episode so lies a little rough at home at the moment.
anyway she called someone she knows sort of whose husband is a cop. she hasn’t been to our house. neither has she. we just kinda know her and him.

anyway she called the cop husband to come over to help her ( she has big delusions at the moment and she wanted him to help get the police involved in an injustice ( in the states ! it even here). anyway that doesn’t matter.

i was looking at my heat pad and moving it to a sunny spot as the last lot of seeds popped. Feeling that happy feeling when they start coming out of the soil.

when i hear a nice behind me.

ITS A BLOODY COP.

my body shielded what i was doing and i ushered him to where she was. he didn’t see anything but man. way to get a heart attack.

bastard let himself in !

he came and chatted to me afterwards and was fine.

on another note. i know his teenage son sells weed ( small community and this stuff goes round).

damn where’s my valium ??

Sun Ra

Baked
Community Member
User ID
man. it’s all happening.
i love with someone who has bipolar and she is having a manic episode so lies a little rough at home at the moment.
anyway she called someone she knows sort of whose husband is a cop. she hasn’t been to our house. neither has she. we just kinda know her and him.

anyway she called the cop husband to come over to help her ( she has big delusions at the moment and she wanted him to help get the police involved in an injustice ( in the states ! it even here). anyway that doesn’t matter.

i was looking at my heat pad and moving it to a sunny spot as the last lot of seeds popped. Feeling that happy feeling when they start coming out of the soil.

ITS A BLOODY COP.

my body shielded what i was doing and i ushered him to where she was. he didn’t see anything but man. way to get a heart attack.

bastard let himself in !

on another note. i know his teenage son sells weed ( small community and this stuff goes round).

Holy fuck man !!!! Sounds like you'll need to have a sit down serious chat with this woman to explain you don't want this to EVER happen ever again. Hahaha ...... good luck Harry. 👍 🤣

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
man. it’s all happening.

ITS A BLOODY COP.

bastard let himself in !

My life is boring as fuck compared to yours mate!

SAW

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Nothing beats a locked gate and good specific sign.
Local cops jumped a gate round here with a sign. The woman took them to court and it cost them +$17K. I’m glad it was our local lads, they’re trained now.

Top Bottom