The Random Discussion / Argument Thread

SAW

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Yep social security is another place the economic grifters (think Air B&B, Uber, privatised public assets etc) can skim dollars. It’s madness it costs +$10K pa per person to supply people with cashless Indue cards, and don’t get me started on providers, the CES was a great system.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

benn0

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Its actually disgusting how much money is funneled into "job providers" my town has like 20 or 30 different job providers and they deliver sweet fuck all but misery and distress to their clients, a few of the job providers you can look into through the window and they are always empty with the employment rate at an all time low the few clients they do have must pay big bucks to keep 12 fuckwits employed doing sweet fuck all but harassing clients once every few weeks, imagine if they paid the jobseeeker recipients just a fraction of the money funneled into job providers! The government need to split the social security budget figures from what recipients get paid and what money goes into the private pockets of employment agencies, i bet a large chunk of the welfare budget is just them cunts and a small fraction of the total paid to recipients

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
When the 2008 down turn happened my work suffered ,,so I went on the dole ,,the agency that finds work knew I was trying to salvage my business and sent me to a local factory, the chick at the agency said the owner was cool and if I tell him my predicament he would be helpful,
So the interview lasted about a minute cos I said I planned to keep my business afloat ,,I actually said what she advised me to say,,he immediately cracked the shits and stormed out of his own office saying he needs workers.

The agency tried to have me chucked off the dole, and I ended up in a three way telephone meeting with the the agency and a person from the dole ..when it came out that I’d done nothing wrong the dole person got pissed at the agency and sorted it all out for me ,,,I joined a different job network but ended up finding work without their help..so I started erecting sheds with a decent friendly and understanding boss,,I actually enjoyed doing that work ,,about two or three months went by and I was getting calls for quotes ,so left the job to go back working for myself ,,and stayed friends with the guy that employed me..

The bitch that tried to set me up has no morals or ethics ,
had I been someone in a less fortunate situation it could have had dire consequences, but these people have no compassion or empathy for the people they are supposed to be helping,,

Turned out they received commissions for getting people off the dole for refusing work,,I have no doubt that was the plan with me,

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Its actually disgusting how much money is funneled into "job providers" my town has like 20 or 30 different job providers and they deliver sweet fuck all but misery and distress to their clients, a few of the job providers you can look into through the window and they are always empty with the employment rate at an all time low the few clients they do have must pay big bucks to keep 12 fuckwits employed doing sweet fuck all but harassing clients once every few weeks, imagine if they paid the jobseeeker recipients just a fraction of the money funneled into job providers! The government need to split the social security budget figures from what recipients get paid and what money goes into the private pockets of employment agencies, i bet a large chunk of the welfare budget is just them cunts and a small fraction of the total paid to recipients
That's the most sensible thing I've ever seen you post on here! 🤣
My mates wife manages about 6 or 7 Campbell pages one of the big ones round here. They want maximum numbers on their books as they get paid per client.
She said they used to get a 1 off payment if clients found work but they would get someone a very short term casual job and collect the payment but it was being raughted so they dropped it.
The entire industry is a cash cow scam!!

SAW

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Exactly Porky, and then there is NAIRU a number of concern to the RBA. As well as controlling inflation with interest rates, they desire an essential rate of unemployment. Zero unemployment would scare the crap out of governments and industry.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Exactly Porky, and then there is NAIRU a number of concern to the RBA. As well as controlling inflation with interest rates, they desire an essential rate of unemployment. Zero unemployment would scare the crap out of governments and industry.

Squire

Curing
Community Member
User ID
That's the most sensible thing I've ever seen you post on here! 🤣
My mates wife manages about 6 or 7 Campbell pages one of the big ones round here. They want maximum numbers on their books as they get paid per client.
She said they used to get a 1 off payment if clients found work but they would get someone a very short term casual job and collect the payment but it was being raughted so they dropped it.
The entire industry is a cash cow scam!!
Thank Scomo for that shit

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Form what I understand, a lot of these job agencies are owned/operated by various Religious Corporation's. It's just another industry they've branched into. Must pay well considering the tax breaks they get.

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
Got forced to go to a meeting for prospective abattoir employment( which I didn't want to do,but have done a lot In the past that they didn't know)
Told the c.e.s dude I have mental health issues and the sight of blood made me.real crazy!
The dumb fuck sent me home instantly.🤣

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Probably. Good Sammy’s I know do
I was told I had to years ago but I just said I wanted to work for the dole in MY OWN COMPANY and they accepted it. Haha I just had to log my own hours each week.
Suited me.

Got forced to go to a meeting for prospective abattoir employment( which I didn't want to do,but have done a lot In the past that they didn't know)
Told the c.e.s dude I have mental health issues and the sight of blood made me.real crazy!
The dumb fuck sent me home instantly.🤣

Ha yeah I had similar. Luckily I got out of it because I gave up eating meat 40 years ago.
I morally objected and they were ok.

Top Bottom