Spore-tacular Shenanigans

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
looking a bit closer the veils (assuming I’m looking at the right parts) are really small and tight, the horizontal-ish trail half way down the stem in the second pic makes me think that line is where the veil separated

67856705-E60C-475A-85A0-4BD206A29B1D.jpeg

0087F107-A5BC-495F-A870-E12AF6D9006A.jpeg

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
started harvesting yesterday and put them into the dehumidifier, took another few this morning, also added some water to the tray hoping that it keeps the mycelium sufficiently hydrated

first pic is initial flush, then what it looked like this morning before and after harvesting second flush

46B29645-9659-4B0D-8BF8-374AF0558304.jpeg

44C3E976-0995-4C70-BA7C-2D09FA25389E.jpeg

9E2C4CF6-7A6D-48FC-8C88-F08987485233.jpeg

38549F5A-F80F-469E-BA5E-57D4EE9D0F68.jpeg

SRH

Germinating
User ID
Hey how do you go about avoiding contamination the more I've been researching the more confusing it's gets do you use glove boxes flow hoods or any other procedures turns out I also have ape's as well so keen to get some going

Reactions: Orb

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Nah I don’t have any hoods but I have tried to keep the area I do anything in clean, keep the windows and doors closed, use plenty of iso to wipe things down, use gloves etc

I’ve only ever started with the grow bags ya buy online, so I think contamination is less of a worry starting out that way and the mycelium coming out of the bag and into the tray is healthy and fairly robust (so far). I’m guessing it gets a lot harder making yer own bags from scratch or growing in jars

Indy

Misfit
User ID
started harvesting yesterday and put them into the dehumidifier, took another few this morning, also added some water to the tray hoping that it keeps the mycelium sufficiently hydrated

first pic is initial flush, then what it looked like this morning before and after harvesting second flush

View attachment 49463

View attachment 49466

View attachment 49467

View attachment 49468
There's seems to be a trait that the spores respond best on the edge of the tray where the condensation drips back down..

Lookin' good nonetheless. :cool:

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
thanks Indy, I did wonder why the edges were doing so well - I had thought it was maybe cause the casing layer is more shallow toward the edges or maybe I packed it down too tightly in the middle

i was more careful how I put the second tray together - less mycelium near the eadges of the tray, thinner and more consistent casing layer so we’ll see how it progresses

SRH

Germinating
User ID
Nah I don’t have any hoods but I have tried to keep the area I do anything in clean, keep the windows and doors closed, use plenty of iso to wipe things down, use gloves etc

I’ve only ever started with the grow bags ya buy online, so I think contamination is less of a worry starting out that way and the mycelium coming out of the bag and into the tray is healthy and fairly robust (so far). I’m guessing it gets a lot harder making yer own bags from scratch or growing in jars
OK sweet will give it a crack cheers

Top Bottom