Spore-tacular Shenanigans

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
another week in - the first bag on the right is going well and second one had a lot of growth this week too so did the break and shake yesterday

I’m guessing maybe the first bag might be ready for the fruiting chamber next weekend but no panic if it takes longer

BF0B59F8-228E-40BC-B597-5BDFD9F48EA7.jpeg

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

SRH

Germinating
User ID
Hi crew how do use go about ordering through sporespecs I'm interested in getting my hands on some of their gear but just keep on getting reddit sites I've been a weed grower for 15 years and a smoker for 20 but have just started working in the mines so that's gone out the window LOL but just of recent I have found out that mushies don't show up on saliva and urine tests so pretty keen to give growing them a go because I'd love to get fucked up on my r+r still but weed stays in the system so if anyone can enlightened me that would be fucken awesome thanks in advance

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Hi crew how do use go about ordering through sporespecs I'm interested in getting my hands on some of their gear but just keep on getting reddit sites I've been a weed grower for 15 years and a smoker for 20 but have just started working in the mines so that's gone out the window LOL but just of recent I have found out that mushies don't show up on saliva and urine tests so pretty keen to give growing them a go because I'd love to get fucked up on my r+r still but weed stays in the system so if anyone can enlightened me that would be fucken awesome thanks in advance
Have a look in this thread

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
so with the two identical grow bags getting same volume of spores, I’m going to have a crack at two different approaches to fruiting to see how they play out

first one is with the more colonised bag, and I’ll leave the second bag a few days longer to see if it colonises further before I put it into a similar seedling tray but just sitting the mycelium block on a plastic lid over some perlite

so with first bag bI took a seedling tray from Bunnings, gave it a good clean and put about two inches of perlite in it with about 100ml water before I broke up the colonised bag and put the mycelium covered mix on top of the perlite, covering that with a casing layer that I picked up online. I probably put too much perlite in cause the tray is close to overflowing but the mycelium is already taking over parts of the casing layer so keeping fingers crossed it goes ok. first pic below is the tray covered with the casing layer and within a few hours the lid of the tray had misted up so humidity should be good

DDBFD927-9C95-4C72-98C1-842553EF6794.jpeg

FCDD36B8-5C51-4BBA-A4D9-C587F8D8A30A.jpeg

terrancefartbubbler

Vegetating
User ID
so yesterday seemed like a great day for a trip, sun was mostly shining, had fuck all planned so popped 2.2g and decided to go for a walk by the harbour to the domain.
dog and the missus came along too.

didn’t notice anything for about maybe 30 minutes then some nausea so had a seat and asked missus to get me a drink from a kiosk.

sitting there looking out across the harbour I was feeing kinda like sea sick, I thought maybe it’s cause I’m looking at the water and waves etc so decided to look the other direction back to add the trees and then the visuals started. footpath took on a gentle wavy motion, the grass behind it was vibrant green and I noticed the colours in general seemed to be brighter and almost glowing. very pleasant visuals. But the stomach discomfort wasn’t getting any better so decided to head back home. within a couple of minutes weather went from sunshine between the clouds to dark, grey and blustery showers. I was well wrapped up so didn’t care but feeling rain on my face was a bit mad - each drop felt like a very small electric shock, which wasn’t super enjoyable but I figured it’s in my head, just keep walking.

by the time I got out of the domain I was tripping balls, some vehicles on the road had lights on so there were trails everywhere, kinda nice and disconcerting at the same time.

got back home and felt like maybe a spew would be a good idea with the stomach ache, but surprise surprise getting close to the toilet bowl it honestly started coming up toward me. I was kneeling beside the bowl, staring down what seemed to be a lengthening chasm that had a pool of water at the end. thought to myself fuck this is going to be weird but stuck a couple of fingers down my throat anyway. few unsuccessful attempts later I decided lying down would be easier and I was getting a bit freaked out by the massive drop from the rim of the toilet to the pool of water in the bowl.

so headed to the bedroom, lay on the bed looking out the window and put pink Floyd on. the cat came looking for a cuddle and I was happy with the distraction from my stomach. cats face changed from beige to brown and from furry to more of just a skull with her eyes looking at me. totally bonkers but interesting at the same time. maybe an hour or so later, I’d seen sun do some amazing things on the double glazed windows (we don’t have double glazing) and as it was setting it was creating a firestorm of reds and oranges in the sky (may not have been real as missus told me there was fuck all visible sunset).

by the time it was dark I decided to pick up my phone and spent a minute looking at greenpoints auctions but the pictures were like gifs and the plants were moving all over the shop so put it down.

turned the tv on but the faces and colours of people’s hair kept changing or moving so put YouTube on and searched for trippy video and put the first one on - it was very entertaining and kept me quiet till the food arrived.

by then it was probably 5 hours since I dropped the shrooms and so I had a smoke, and it was back to reality.

I didn’t really notice much stomach discomfort with the earlier doses all around 1.6g but this one wasn’t ideal. I reckon there might have been a few factors - was a bit hungover, hadn’t eaten much on top of the larger dose. maybe I’ll try a tea next time
Ah man that happened to me, I had been taking 1.5g doses in caps most nights to chill. One night got a bonfire going had a 5g dose made me feel sick in the guts chewed on a couple ginger nuts to try and settle the stomach worked a little but every 15mins felt like my guts raised ready for a spew then settled down. I tried again a few weeks later and happened again. I read on shroomery that cubes have something in them can make you feel sick forgot what it's called but making tea leaves it out as long as you strain it, gonna give it a try tonight.

Reactions: Orb

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Ah man that happened to me, I had been taking 1.5g doses in caps most nights to chill. One night got a bonfire going had a 5g dose made me feel sick in the guts chewed on a couple ginger nuts to try and settle the stomach worked a little but every 15mins felt like my guts raised ready for a spew then settled down. I tried again a few weeks later and happened again. I read on shroomery that cubes have something in them can make you feel sick forgot what it's called but making tea leaves it out as long as you strain it, gonna give it a try tonight.
let us know how u go mate, I’m planning another larger dose this weekend but with more in my stomach and plenty of ginger tea and gingery snacks, just in case

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID
let us know how u go mate, I’m planning another larger dose this weekend but with more in my stomach and plenty of ginger tea and gingery snacks, just in case
Have a read on lemontek, converts to a body soluble before you drink it making it easier on the belly and slightly quicker onset

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
nice one meds, I’ll give it a go this weekend. I’d been told take a tablespoon of lemon juice with the shrooms by someone who uses regularly, so I’d done that previously but it was less than half a lemon so maybe I’ll go header on the lemons and tone down the dosage too - probably don’t need to be entirely off my chops when I’m going to be home alone

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID
nice one meds, I’ll give it a go this weekend. I’d been told take a tablespoon of lemon juice with the shrooms by someone who uses regularly, so I’d done that previously but it was less than half a lemon so maybe I’ll go header on the lemons and tone down the dosage too - probably don’t need to be entirely off my chops when I’m going to be home alone
A mate who tried a few doses of mine lemontek settled on 2-3g as his sweet spot

terrancefartbubbler

Vegetating
User ID
I reckon tea is the way to go I had a 1.5g dose last night. I soaked the grinded powder in hot water for around 30mins along side a lemon ginger tea bag the taste was fine way better then expected I had no stomach upset or burps or gross after taste and a very relaxed trip. Will try with 3 grams in a few nights.

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
I’ll give 1.5g a go with a couple of lemons and see what happens

I like the tea idea too, I’m not working next week so might have some fun finding out how that goes, will keep ye posted

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
no shrooms today, hungover af after unexpected session yesterday. the tray is moving along with some nice looking clusters around the edge, which isn’t ideal with the lid on so will definitely put less perlite in next time

49242967-5833-4487-949E-FB64A293F347.jpeg4CFF7B46-447C-4334-A317-611F58D636D8.jpeg

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
too much time on my hands today and decided against keeping the shrooms in the second bag to grow out

so using another seedling tray I put less perlite in the base this time, same amount of colonised grain that I tried to keep away from the edges and covered it with casing layer

misted the tray lid and we’ll see how it goes

59F06460-FDC5-48B2-8BCD-BCDEAEBD4B16.jpeg

Top Bottom