Random pics of weed

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
So far the raspberry diesel has some tri nodes, the POTG had a few tris down low, and now one of the Durban is popping some tri and quads here and there. Had a Nepali a few months back that was tri head to toe as well. I've had more plants pop a branch or three tri than not lately.
IMG20240720163820.jpg
IMG20240720163849.jpg
That branch alternates between normal, tri and quads. A few other branches have a few tri nodes as well.
IMG_20240720_164804.jpg
IMG_20240625_171405.jpg
IMG_20240629_112830.jpg
Seems way too common all of a sudden. The diesel above has a few branches popping tri but they are the worst yielding branches. They normally end up a bit off from what I've seen as it would usually come with a bit of fasciation.

Last edited:

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
So far the raspberry diesel has some tri nodes, the POTG had a few tris down low, and now one of the Durban is popping some tri and quads here and there. Had a Nepali a few months back that was tri head to toe as well. I've had more plants pop a branch or three tri than not lately.
View attachment 50026
View attachment 50027
That branch alternates between normal, tri and quads. A few other branches have a few tri nodes as well.
View attachment 50028
View attachment 50030
View attachment 50031
Seems way too common all of a sudden. The diesel above has a few branches popping tri but they are the worst yielding branches. They normally end up a bit off from what I've seen as it would usually come with a bit of fasciation.
Yeah that's odd. I have only ever had about 3 or 4 plants do that ever. Wonder what's causing it? Over a few different strains and autos too!
What causing it ya reckon mate??

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Yeah that's odd. I have only ever had about 3 4 or plants do that ever. Wonder what's causing it? Over a few different strains and autos too!
What causing it ya reckon mate??
Fuck knows aye. A few ppl have mentioned that it could be from the loads of alfalfa and kelp in the medium and some type of hormone interaction but I'd have no real idea...just seems way to regular and I don't grow that many plants at all. Had a few Thai and Nepali do it outside, but it was more fasciation. I had a Nepali or two indoor that popped Tris on one node (both opposing branches) and the one that's was straight tri from birth as well.

But apart from what's in the medium they ain't getting anything bar water lately.

I think the only auto that has done it was the NYC diesel a while back but everything else has been photos the last few runs bar the Purple haze auto and it was fine. So lately Foxes POTG had a few tris on a branch or two that cleared up as it went into flower, HSO Raspberry Diesel has three branches that are tri and sedges two Durban X Bangi with odd tris and a quad or two on two branches of each plant.

Last edited:

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Fuck knows aye. A few ppl have mentioned that it could be from the loads of alfalfa and kelp in the medium and some type of hormone interaction but I'd have no real idea...just seems way to regular and I don't grow that many plants at all. Had a few Thai and Nepali do it outside, but it was more fasciation. I had a Nepali or two indoor that popped Tris on one node (both opposing branches) and the one that's was straight tri from birth as well.

But apart from what's in the medium they ain't getting anything bar water lately.

I think the only auto that has done it was the NYC diesel a while back but everything else has been photos the last few runs bar the Purple haze auto and it was fine. So lately Foxes POTG had a few tris on a branch or two that cleared up as it went into flower, HSO Raspberry Diesel has three branches that are tri and sedges two Durban X Bangi with odd tris and a quad or two on two branches of each plant.
I would of thought it would be a genectic trait so would appear no matter what.
Interesting that it's only been recently.
Are you doing anything differently like soil, lighting or nutrients?
Wouldn't of thought any of those could do that. Maybe there is something in the hormone stuff from the inputs but why is no one else who uses these common inputs seeing this?

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I would of thought it would be a genectic trait so would appear no matter what.
Interesting that it's only been recently.
Are you doing anything differently like soil, lighting or nutrients?
Wouldn't of thought any of those could do that. Maybe there is something in the hormone stuff from the inputs but why is no one else who uses these common inputs seeing this?
my thoughts exactly haha. No real reason for it. Only thing that has changed lately has been the heavier amendments but that shouldn't really play a role. I'll just keep an eye out for them as its interesting none the less. I knew the Nepali were prone but not any of the latest comp seeds. I

The only pattern I've noticed is that It always seems around the time they go from dual opposing nodes in veg to staggered nodes in stretch. There's a high chance lately that they'll all throw dual in veg and then throw out a tri or quad node before alternating nodes like normal lately. Some keep the tri up for the whole branch, but most just throw a few tris/quads or fasciated shoots just before they set in the normal alternating pattern hence me thinking it was some type of auxin/hormone response.

All in all those shoots and branches aren't the most productive, but it does look cool here and there.

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
All 4 last outdoors were tri and unrelated thought that was surprising. I like to use seaweed,wormcasting chook poo.🤔
must be the chemtrails mate. How's that. Thats nice to know though. Sometimes it takes me a while to notice as they stay dual for ages and then randomly pop tris through stretch, most going back to normal with a branch or two sticking.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Normally a sign of swing in PH not a big problem at all it’s quiet a common to see
That makes sense. I accidentally got a bit heavy handed with the pH Down 'n Peroxide last top up of rez. Since ditched that batch 'n got a new one.

Cheers! :cool:

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
Plants look good beer looks fucking horrible!!
...inbetween brews :D... timing was abit out....or i drink to much...

2x Double IPA and 1x Black IPA... will be ready to keg up on Saturday!

hoping i wont have to buy another case by then :D...

Goonie Goat

Curing
User ID
Shit pic but one of my Ortega males (lanky one) ended up turning hermie, which can explain why I had 80% females and 20% males.
Some breeders even prefer using these to actual males and call them 'anti-hermies' as they "almost guarantee against unwanted hermaphroditism in subsequent generations (female to male hermaphrodites) if they aren't sterile.

IMG_20240722_160038.jpg
IMG_20240722_165742.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom