Random pics of weed

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
What EC/PPM do you use on your girls, @Porky?
To much!! 🤣
Because they are kept in trays that catch the run off and they drink it over a few days I unusually go anywhere from 1.5 to 1.8. This lot was a pain in the arse because I had 6 different strains over 8 plants. I'm also lazy and refuse to feed each plant individually so they get fed depending on how they look but it's pretty much 1.8 to 1.5 every time. The plants in me veg tent that run to waste got 2.0ec or they start to look hungry.

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Zkittlez X OG Kush autos from butterbean. One inside, one outside. The one in the yard is getting negative 5 million sun as the yard is fucking boarded up with 15-20ft highway barriers on two sides of the triangle lol.
IMG_20240717_171637.jpg
IMG_20240718_113438.jpg
Will get off me ass and gets a supplemental solar light. Going alright considering the 6c mornings and gale forced winds lately. Got some 65kph gusts yesterday.

Last edited:

Squire

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Zkittlez X OG Kush autos from butterbean. One inside, one outside. The one in the yard is getting negative 5 million sun as the yard is fucking boarded up with 15-20ft highway barriers on two sides of the triangle lol.
View attachment 49916
View attachment 49917
Will get off me ass and gets a supplemental solar light. Going alright considering the 6c mornings and gal forced winds lately. Got some 65kph gusts yesterday.
Been a bit crazy for SEQ Glad mine a in a tent

Indy

Misfit
User ID
To much!! 🤣
Because they are kept in trays that catch the run off and they drink it over a few days I unusually go anywhere from 1.5 to 1.8. This lot was a pain in the arse because I had 6 different strains over 8 plants. I'm also lazy and refuse to feed each plant individually so they get fed depending on how they look but it's pretty much 1.8 to 1.5 every time. The plants in me veg tent that run to waste got 2.0ec or they start to look hungry.

Ahh, goodone. Reason I asked because i usually aim for around the 1.2 mark which seems about right for DWC, where i get just the slightest bit of tip burn on the leaves. But on couple of occasions i've accidentally pushed it out to 1.8 which burnt the fuck out of them. So yeah, it seems we get about the same results even though we're using different growing techniques.

Over the years i've heard folks push it out to the high 2's and into the 3's in coco. But i now have doubts about that.

Squire

Curing
Community Member
User ID
To much!! 🤣
Run off in coco was crazy low ph and high ec so now I am having a go with sand and feeding from the tray. No runoff to measure or worry about. The plants will tell me how they are .

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I love me a good old sand grow
Run off in coco was crazy low ph and high ec so now I am having a go with sand and feeding from the tray. No runoff to measure or worry about. The plants will tell me how they are .

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
End Game, chuck by me. 20240718_123504.jpg Big Detroit Energy by Ethos. 20240718_123347.jpgBanana Hammock x Lilac Diesel chuck by me20240718_125905.jpg Cherry Gar See Ya ( x Crescendo)chuck by me 20240718_125850.jpg(Godfather OG x Crescendo/Headband )x 10th Planet, chuck by me20240718_125838.jpg GDP x BH/LD, chuck by me. 20240718_132257.jpg

Attachments

• 20240718_125905.jpg
    20240718_125905.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 5

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Ahh, goodone. Reason I asked because i usually aim for around the 1.2 mark which seems about right for DWC, where i get just the slightest bit of tip burn on the leaves. But on couple of occasions i've accidentally pushed it out to 1.8 which burnt the fuck out of them. So yeah, it seems we get about the same results even though we're using different growing techniques.

Over the years i've heard folks push it out to the high 2's and into the 3's in coco. But i now have doubts about that.
The times when I notice they are getting over fed badly I stick the probe in the saucer and it usually reads 2.5ec or above.
I just give em plain water the next feed.
My mate who runs RDWC usually sits between 1.2 to 1.5ec.
I remember Micmac saying he reckons i should never go above 1.2ec so i might give that a try next run. His plants always looked good!
IMG-20200930-WA0003.jpgIMG-20201120-WA0010.jpgIMG-20201128-WA0000.jpg

Last edited:

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Yeah I been watching with interest your sand grow. Looks good so far.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Full house 👌 I thought Spiderfarmer provides decent returns/yields? Notwithstanding warranty issues

Yeah, I forgot to put the "/s" for sarcasm at the end of the comment. The light is a 1000w, and if you run it above 80-85% the driver does get hot. But otherwise no issues. Once i got my head around the LED's, I found the plants are happy (and getting the required DLI) around 50-55%, and if I push it above 60% it starts to knock the plants around.

I replaced the AC connections myself after a few people had a BBQ with theirs. The DC connections look a little sketchy, but being DC I'm not overly concerned. Seems to do the job.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Yeah, I forgot to put the "/s" for sarcasm at the end of the comment. The light is a 1000w, and if you run it above 80-85% the driver does get hot. But otherwise no issues. Once i got my head around the LED's, I found the plants are happy (and getting the required DLI) around 50-55%, and if I push it above 60% it starts to knock the plants around.

I replaced the AC connections myself after a few people had a BBQ with theirs. The DC connections look a little sketchy, but being DC I'm not overly concerned. Seems to do the job.
I'm no light expert, but I think a quality driver helps manage heat with LED's. I run my hlg lights at 100%. They were some of the early version(s) released by hlg, and don't have a dimmer switch, so I have no option to dial them down. My hlg135 is nearly 6 years old, and has been continuously running at 100% from day one. I use it for veg, so it always runs 24/7 on. It's a flowering specific light, and noticed shorter stickier veg growth, compared to a cheap 100watt mars hydro in a neighbouring veg space. The Mars light tends to appear more white/blue, and definitely produces taller/less chunky veg results. The Mars veg tent also runs noticeably warmer than the hlg veg tent. @Hudo recently provided a comparison of different light spectrums in his grow space ( I e. two plants/clones from the same mum).

Goonie Goat

Curing
User ID
I'm no light expert, but I think a quality driver helps manage heat with LED's. I run my hlg lights at 100%. They were some of the early version(s) released by hlg, and don't have a dimmer switch, so I have no option to dial them down. My hlg135 is nearly 6 years old, and has been continuously running at 100% from day one. I use it for veg, so it always runs 24/7 on. It's a flowering specific light, and noticed shorter stickier veg growth, compared to a cheap 100watt mars hydro in a neighbouring veg space. The Mars light tends to appear more white/blue, and definitely produces taller/less chunky veg results. The Mars veg tent also runs noticeably warmer than the hlg veg tent. @Hudo recently provided a comparison of different light spectrums in his grow space ( I e. two plants/clones from the same mum).
How old is your mars light? Does it have the white reflector?

Top Bottom