Random pics of weed

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
How old is your mars light? Does it have the white reflector?
The Mars is about 3 years old. Thin all metal hood. Works fine for veg, as I place the shorter/stockier phenos under that light, and lankier phenos under the hlg. From memory, cost around $100 off ebay.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Goonie Goat

Curing
User ID
The Mars is about 3 years old. Thin all metal hood. Works fine for veg, as I place the shorter/stockier phenos under that light, and lankier phenos under the hlg. From memory, cost around $100 off ebay.
Ahh okay, the newer white ones are a bit better from what I've gathered (as expected), they have the new Samsung evo bar lights out now which are getting decent reviews too, hopefully no melting connectors this time 😆

Indy

Misfit
User ID
I'm no light expert, but I think a quality driver helps manage heat with LED's. I run my hlg lights at 100%. They were some of the early version(s) released by hlg, and don't have a dimmer switch, so I have no option to dial them down. My hlg135 is nearly 6 years old, and has been continuously running at 100% from day one. I use it for veg, so it always runs 24/7 on. It's a flowering specific light, and noticed shorter stickier veg growth, compared to a cheap 100watt mars hydro in a neighbouring veg space. The Mars light tends to appear more white/blue, and definitely produces taller/less chunky veg results. The Mars veg tent also runs noticeably warmer than the hlg veg tent. @Hudo recently provided a comparison of different light spectrums in his grow space ( I e. two plants/clones from the same mum).
There's certainly some dodgy no name drivers out there. Mean Well has been at the forefront for some time now, and many light companies seem to do their utmost not to mention what brand of Driver they use in more recent times. Especially, HLG. they used to use Mean Well as a selling point. But they've since dropped that, and now mention that their lights come with a Fire Risk, and should only be installed and operated by people who know what they're doing.

My 1k light has a Sosen Driver, the same brand AC Infinity use with there bar light range. But yeah, why I bought the dimmable 1k light is because I didn't want to run it at 100% and potentially shorten the lights life. Intentions were to operate it at around 75%, but since using it for some time I don't even need it that high, 50-55% at 12-18" above the canopy is quite ample.

It's good to hear you've got good use out of your lights so far.. (y)

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
I own 11 grow lights, including a T5 and a HPS, as well as a range of LEDs from entry level to hlg standard. Eight lights are currently turned on today( including at my daughters place)and 3 in storage . At some stage, they have all served a useful purpose. I've really only found the need for better quality lights during flower. Can successfully veg under most lights, but t5 is just suited for clones. I'd buy Mars again for veg purposes, but maybe not for flowering . The hlg260s x 3 have lasted 4 to 5 years of continuous use. Averaging 1.2 grams per watt of manicured flowers, in an uncontrolled environment ( no dehum, no air cond, no c02) in a garage is good enough for this hobby grower.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Yup, averaging around the 1.2g mark (manicured). Whereas the old HPS was around the 1gpw. So yeah, the old LED vs. HPS debates are pointless now seeing LED produces 20-25% better yields* (from my experience)

*If the the crop has been grown to it natural full term, and not pulled early.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Yup, averaging around the 1.2g mark (manicured). Whereas the old HPS was around the 1gpw. So yeah, the old LED vs. HPS debates are pointless now seeing LED produces 20-25% better yields* (from my experience)

*If the the crop has been grown to it natural full term, and not pulled early.
I initially used HPS for a few harvests in 1989/90. Bulbs were son-t-agro, which were still around a few years ago. I was only averaging around 0.4 grams per watt, using garden soil and bagseed. Better lights, better mediums, and some better yielding cultivars along with an explosion of grow info online nowadays makes it possible for indoor self sufficiency in relatively small spaces.

One Drop

Curing
User ID
Clones back row Wormhole & Total Package by Vintage farm genetics front row triple cheese and Girl Scout #5 at this point in time I will stay using clones I’ve done a Porky n had a hemi which ruined 12 perfect female's fucking chooks must be high as a kite by now ……

Attachments

• IMG_9135.jpeg
    IMG_9135.jpeg
    8.1 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9134.jpeg
    IMG_9134.jpeg
    9 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9133.jpeg
    IMG_9133.jpeg
    7.5 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9131.jpeg
    IMG_9131.jpeg
    7.1 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9129.jpeg
    IMG_9129.jpeg
    6.7 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9127.jpeg
    IMG_9127.jpeg
    5.9 MB · Views: 8

Love to grow

Foot man
User ID
Clones back row Wormhole & Total Package by Vintage farm genetics front row triple cheese and Girl Scout #5 at this point in time I will stay using clones I’ve done a Porky n had a hemi which ruined 12 perfect female's fucking chooks must be high as a kite by now ……
Spewing bout the lady boy mate 1 plant can fk shit up hey hope ya have better luck with the next lot OD

One Drop

Curing
User ID
Spewing bout the lady boy mate 1 plant can fk shit up hey hope ya have better luck with the next lot OD
Yeah I haven’t got time to do seed runs anymore new job is taking me away from my grow so it’s clones from hear on out not so much work and the constant looking for hemis sometimes gets old like me 🤣😜👍. Not to worry I just got my 240 gms medical in post yesterday so I got green to keep me going .

Love to grow

Foot man
User ID
Yeah I haven’t got time to do seed runs anymore new job is taking me away from my grow so it’s clones from hear on out not so much work and the constant looking for hemis sometimes gets old like me 🤣😜👍. Not to worry I just got my 240 gms medical in post yesterday so I got green to keep me going .
240grms they let ya get that much? That would of stung ya mate yea to much work not enough play is no good for anyone I’ve worked me arse off for the first half of the yr now I’m havin a bit of quite time during winter which I’m lovin😂👍

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Been there, done that..

If it's anything like my experience. First thing i can suggest. Check the carbon scrubber (if there is one), and see if it feels heavier than what it normally would. If so, it's likely the pellets are saturated with water. In my case, i had to get the scrubber out in the sun for a few days, and rotate it occasionally until it was dry enough to re-install it.

Here's hoping it hasn't reached that stage..

One Drop

Curing
User ID
240grms they let ya get that much? That would of stung ya mate yea to much work not enough play is no good for anyone I’ve worked me arse off for the first half of the yr now I’m havin a bit of quite time during winter which I’m lovin😂👍
Both wifey and I are on 120 gms a month we find it’s great way to get different strains our doctor is happy providing that amount he knows our tolerance is shit I have been using cannabis for 52 years now wife 30 odd years mate .

SAW

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Both wifey and I are on 120 gms a month we find it’s great way to get different strains our doctor is happy providing that amount he knows our tolerance is shit I have been using cannabis for 52 years now wife 30 odd years mate .
Out of curiosity, who is your supplier and how much does 240g cost?

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Must be the shitty stressful environmental conditions you have mate!! 😉

Top Bottom