Another LED to go with my exiting one

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Madmick

Baked
User ID
What you expect dickhead

You pm offering to pay the light off , for no discounts other than your original $600 +shipping

Next day you post here for $500 plus postage

Who's the cunt hey ?

I told I just had rego and wasn't interested at any price , then you offer for me to pay it off
,next day it's cheaper

Good luck , you're a shifty fucker

If you like I'll post all of our convos , just because you don't like my opinion on value and your shifty dealings , with your aggressive rhetoric i wouldn't take it for $200

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Na. I’ll just buy brand new Aussie boards and some drivers and do all the wiring myself and end up with quality board with both uv and far red for about what your asking for used shit.
I'm too lazy to look back can you post heat link again please mate

R3za92

Baked
User ID
I'm too lazy to look back can you post heat link again please mate

I buy the diy board and heatsink. Also if your buying multiple message him and he normally does a good discount, if you go through checkout see if the code forum still gives 10% off.

Just so ganga doesn’t get his knickers in a knot it’ll be slightly more than $500 for 2 boards and a driver for them. I buy my drivers through arrow or mouser

puggle6

Baked
User ID
Tunkers, (where is that cunt?) helped me decipher DigiKey and build an array with total 480w meanwell driver and samsung strips for about $480 a while back.

I did have to get all the shit for the fixture together myself, it's probably cheaper now, works good but there is no reds or mixed spectrum

HGL seems overpriced and I've got some Mars flog lights which also have worked well, I assume SF would do the job..

Don't think I would bother DIY again for anything but a basic strip light array, I don't have a refercene on how much better a 'Diablo' might have over anything else tho

long live the HID! :LOL:

Madmick

Baked
User ID
As long as the boards themselves come complete putting the driver and making connections isn't hard , either is the dimmer

No stripping wire , plug n play so to speak

Apart from setting the LEDs themselves in the board there's not a lot to it

Hlg doesn't seem any better than the Mars TS2000 , my side by side proves that

$250 for 10 mins assembly seems a bit rich

Thanks for that I'll look into them

R3za92

Baked
User ID
As long as the boards themselves come complete putting the driver and making connections isn't hard , either is the dimmer

No stripping wire , plug n play so to speak

Apart from setting the LEDs themselves in the board there's not a lot to it

Hlg doesn't seem any better than the Mars TS2000 , my side by side proves that

$250 for 10 mins assembly seems a bit rich

Thanks for that I'll look into them
Gla does a few levels of diy so just choose what appeals to you. I’ll say the kit that includes the wiring is pretty top quality with the lepp connector and if I didnt already use Deutsche connectors for everything I’d probably buy them.

I will say I think their assembled plug and play lights are a bit overpriced imo but I can understand people who aren’t confident with electricity paying the extra.

As for hlg vs Mars etc I’d say in small grows like ours you won’t see much of a difference but in a warehouse style grow the better diodes and thermal efficiency of the hlg boards thicker copper pcp layers would be more evident.

Also I’ve never heard of a hlg product catching fire. Mars on the other hand have a reputation for it in their old blurple lights.

User ID
Not 2 boards at all only 1 , am I'm sure they still give a warranty on the used products as well as been checked for faults

I got mine from them as a kit and put it together myself for a lot less than 950
You can buy it separately for a lot cheaper again

There's no guarantee the light will work and if it does and then fucks up after a week , month or 6 months there's no come back to the OP, I'm not being mean just realistic

The only reason you pay the extra money is for the Warranty if it fucks up

So realistically the price should be much lower as OP has no obligation once he's sent the light , as well as all the other overheads built into their price

Unfortunately for the OP he has a second hand light for which the parts cost around $500 and is selling them second hand , to me it's a no brainer

They charged him over $200 to put it together, it took me 5 mins to put mine together , so why should I pay for that on a second hand light

Again my opinion
Im curious as to what you built/assembled and from where?

There are 2 x 648 QB on a 350 Diablo. (60-330 watts)

QBL once sold 300 Diablo (145-285 watts) diy kits. With the triple heatsink option to be comparable to the 350 Diablo, they were $795. 1 year warranty... But the last line reads "As Australian law, these must be assembled by an electrician.'' :rolleyes:

So basically no warranty anyway, and I suspect they dont sell them anymore because of this reason.

Too expensive shipping from HLG USA, plus they dont sell complete DIY diablo kits anymore either.

Madmick

Baked
User ID
I got that kit but it wasn't 795

It says make them a offer , I did and got it cheaper without the the codes , I didn't use the code but it worked out cheaper without it

I recently did the same thing with a light I was looking at , got approx 10% discount, which was more than the tse code available

PS I am a electrician by trade and you don't need any electrical knowledge to DIY

Plenty available on YouTube etc showing how it's done

User ID
I got that kit but it wasn't 795

It says make them a offer , I did and got it cheaper without the the codes , I didn't use the code but it worked out cheaper without it

I recently did the same thing with a light I was looking at , got approx 10% discount, which was more than the tse code available

PS I am a electrician by trade and you don't need any electrical knowledge to DIY

Plenty available on YouTube etc showing how it's done
But you acknowledge that its a lesser light than the 350 'Commercial' Diablo though? Even with a 900mm heatsink.

And regardless of how simple they are to assemble, unless you have the right valid electrical license or get it done and signed off by someone that does, the warranty will be void anyway. Hence no longer available it seems.

$500 to the doorstep for a 1 grow only, 350 Diablo is a fair price IMO

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Your opinion, go buy it then

I believe it's of no better quality that what I have , it's the same light

The whole point was how shifty he was trying to make it easier for me to get it , then very next day drops hhe price , a price he never offered me

The guys a fucking sook, the world's full of different opinions , just because you dis agree no need to carry on like a baby

Now the fuck wit is giving 1 away because no body will pay hhe ridiculous prize he asked , trying to play the victim again

Fuch off ya sook and take ya fucking lights with ya

Ganja Kaiser

Baked
User ID

The whole point was how shifty he was trying to make it easier for me to get it , then very next day drops hhe price , a price he never offered me

The guys a fucking sook, the world's full of different opinions , just because you dis agree no need to carry on like a baby

Now the fuck wit is giving 1 away because no body will pay hhe ridiculous prize he asked , trying to play the victim again

Seems like you're the only cunt still having a sook dickhead! hahahaha c'mon keep going! I can too! Fuck wit. Get in your grave already ya stupid prick.

Ganja Kaiser

Baked
User ID

You're a fucking toxic cunt and you really need a good flogging.

User ID

Yeah I did buy one. Learn how to reply FFS you've been here long enough. The 300 Diablo kit is not the same as a 350 Diablo. You dont know what the fuck you're on about. Just admit youre a tight arse and wanted it for nothing.

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Who the fuck are you ?

Just another opinion, pity I don't care what you and the sook got to say , he was fucking shifty

And if the price is that great , why does he still have it ?

Fuck off , I don't deal with shifty cunts

$300 was a starting point , this sook never moved on price

You pay the $600 he wanted + shipping and tell me how he fucked in ghe arse

Video when you put the hammer through sooky boy

Ganja Kaiser

Baked
User ID
Who the fuck are you ?

Just another opinion, pity I don't care what you and the sook got to say , he was fucking shifty

And if the price is that great , why does he still have it ?

Fuck off , I don't deal with shifty cunts

$300 was a starting point , this sook never moved on price

You pay the $600 he wanted + shipping and tell me how he fucked in ghe arse

Video when you put the hammer through sooky boy
I'm just going to reply because I know you're stupid enough to react and have another go fuck face. I'm not shifty and have not had problems my entire life selling or buying - you're the only cunt I've ever met who's got a problem with my business - because YOU are the fucking sook who's pissed off because I decided I wanted more money for it - that's my right, we didn't have an agreement, there was no deal - so get the fuck over it, princess. Go on, have another go...

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Yes I will you toxic content, you the one who needs a flogging , no worries I got no problems sorting you out

No we never had a deal

Fuck you , you twisted shit around so I'll discl9se all of our PM
Apr 13, 2022

Far out, no way man, the absolute lowest I'll even consider is $600 a piece.

Lot's going on man, just nothing good. Yeah, I probably don't sound like me mate, I don't even feel like me any more to be honest. Done with everything.

Like Reply

Micmac aka sistermaryVegetating

Apr 13, 2022

Sorry mate count the out , I can get a new one now for 700

Hope you get a buyer, extremely hard to sell hydro equipment

My offer still stands if you can't move them

Report Edit

BoldItalicMore options…

Insert linkInsert imageGallery embedInsert videoMore options…

UndoMore options…

Preview

Font size

Text colorFont family

Alignment

Align leftAlign centerAlign rightJustify text

Paragraph format

Strike-throughUnderlineInline spoilerInline code

SmiliesMediaQuote

RedoToggle BB codeRemove formattingDrafts

Top Bottom