Another LED to go with my exiting one

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
So I just asked a question in the other led/hid thread but that thread just got the boot so I'll ask here as to not start another one..
Ive been looking at getting a hlg led for a while now, only run a 1x1m tent with negative pressure so really it would only need to flower 90x90cm (1 plant). I was looking at the 300l rspec as it covers what I need but when i asked hlg they said I would need 2 for better coverage. The 300l is supposed to be equivalent to 600w hid, why would I need 2 in that space? Is it because of the shape/dimensions of the light?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
So I just asked a question in the other led/hid thread but that thread just got the boot so I'll ask here as to not start another one..
Ive been looking at getting a hlg led for a while now, only run a 1x1m tent with negative pressure so really it would only need to flower 90x90cm (1 plant). I was looking at the 300l rspec as it covers what I need but when i asked hlg they said I would need 2 for better coverage. The 300l is supposed to be equivalent to 600w hid, why would I need 2 in that space? Is it because of the shape/dimensions of the light?
Because their profits would be less if they only sold you one light. 😅300 true watts is adequate for flowering a 3x 3 space. Depending on shape/profile of light( I'm too lazy to google it, I'm on my fifth joint for today), some edges/corners may not get enough light. But that many watts in that space should be capable of yielding close to a pound.

Madmick

Baked
User ID
1 will be fine mate , 2 maybe boost yield by a little but certainly not double it

My 300w hlg covers 1/2 my tent

So 1.2 x 1.2

The plants on the edges growing same as those directly underneath

Let's face it , I don't like my buds leaning against the walls so the outside 100mm on all 4 edges won't need light

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Look at the footprint ..some are rectangle ,others square.
Make sure the footprint is for flower not just veg as the veg footprint is often larger

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Well for starters it’s not equivalent to a 600w hps. 😂 second it’ll do it but only just and as a single light you’ll loose intensity around the edges which probably won’t be an issue with 1 plant

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Look at the footprint ..some are rectangle ,others square.
Make sure the footprint is for flower not just veg as the veg footprint is often larger
The footprint is a tad confusing with the 300l rspec, it has 2 measurements for flower.. 2.5 or 3 foot? Veg is plenty at 4ft 20220716_184348.jpg

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Well for starters it’s not equivalent to a 600w hps. 😂 second it’ll do it but only just and as a single light you’ll loose intensity around the edges which probably won’t be an issue with 1 plant
I'm just stating their words mate,
20220716_184647.jpg

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
1 will be fine mate , 2 maybe boost yield by a little but certainly not double it

My 300w hlg covers 1/2 my tent

So 1.2 x 1.2

The plants on the edges growing same as those directly underneath

Let's face it , I don't like my buds leaning against the walls so the outside 100mm on all 4 edges won't need light
This is what I'm thinking as well. Just a bit shit that they first suggested a $1300 light and then 2 of what I asked about.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
I just googled the light. It's rectangular mate. Not the most efficient shape to light a square shaped footprint Maybe that's why they suggested 2 lights, which would be overkill.

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I just googled the light. It's rectangular mate. Not the most efficient shape to light a square shaped footprint Maybe that's why they suggested 2 lights, which would be overkill.
Yeah they did say the 1x1m space was a hard one to suggest for

Hudo

Baked
Community Member
User ID
How handy are you everyone raving about lm301b diodes (HLG uses) but the cree 2835 is more efficient and better spectrum (98cri as opposed to 90 and 228 lm per watt to 220)cutter electronics has diy kits for around 620 for the 3500k version which is all round veg and bloom that use cree and will be everything as good if not better than HLG just need to assemble. the the Hlg in the same price range half the diodes 576 as opposed to 808 and there not as good of a diode 220lpw as apposed to228 and you can use different drivers and drive them up to 415 watt which will cover a 3×3 nicely at 415w the par map shows 1200 and 1000 par on the edge of 3×2 so projected out 6 inches either side to make a 3×3 the par will still be very high

Last edited:

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
How handy are you everyone raving about lm301b diodes (HLG uses) but the cree 2835 is more efficient and better spectrum (98cri as opposed to 90 and 228 lm per watt to 220)cutter electronics has diy kits for around 620 for the 3500k version which is all round veg and bloom that use cree and will be everything as good if not better than HLG just need to assemble. the the Hlg in the same price range half the diodes 576 as opposed to 808 and there not as good of a diode 220lpw as apposed to228 and you can use different drivers and drive them up to 415 watt which will cover a 3×3 nicely
Thanks, I'll check em out

Hudo

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Thanks, I'll check em out
They got heaps different diy set ups I'm building a strip build in a couple weeks should smoke top dollar bar lights you could also build one of there 4×4 strip kits but tighten the spacing up and build a killer light 3×3 light just need a 3×3alloy sheet to mount them on

Hudo

Baked
Community Member
User ID
And if any componants fuck out down the track you can just buy the bits to fix them

R3za92

Baked
User ID
How handy are you everyone raving about lm301b diodes (HLG uses) but the cree 2835 is more efficient and better spectrum (98cri as opposed to 90 and 228 lm per watt to 220)cutter electronics has diy kits for around 620 for the 3500k version which is all round veg and bloom that use cree and will be everything as good if not better than HLG just need to assemble. the the Hlg in the same price range half the diodes 576 as opposed to 808 and there not as good of a diode 220lpw as apposed to228 and you can use different drivers and drive them up to 415 watt which will cover a 3×3 nicely at 415w the par map shows 1200 and 1000 par on the edge of 3×2 so projected out 6 inches either side to make a 3×3 the par will still be very high
Fuck cutter. Last time I made a purchase from them they had the most dog shit customer service.

Hudo

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Fuck cutter. Last time I made a purchase from them they had the most dog shit customer service.
About the same as the service I got off the bloke from got from the bloke at Grow Lights Australia but I've had good service from cutter there will always be different people who have different experiences

Top Bottom