The Random Discussion / Argument Thread

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Wow.

Must be a struggle to balance the budget with a family income of $440k per annum!!
Exactly. How dare the labor government cut back on the tax cut for high income earners. Now this poor family will only get a $4000 tax cut each instead of the $8000 each that was proposed by the libs. Now they can’t afford to buy property without that extra $8000 between them. /s

Imo if they can’t afford property on 440k a year the extra 8k in tax they would have originally got wouldn’t make a fucking difference but the extra $800-1400ish for low and middle income earners sure as shit will make a difference the those families.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Not sure if he's ever really a league supporter at all mate. Many say he's a union man and it was all an act, along with his curry cooking. Anyway, I'm happy to see Albo has grown some balls and I reckon he's snookered Dutton on this one. Lol.

Bit of a master stroke by Albanese? 87% of Duttons electorate will be better off under the new tax cuts... he cant logically campaign against it can he? lol

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Exactly. How dare the labor government cut back on the tax cut for high income earners. Now this poor family will only get a $4000 tax cut each instead of the $8000 each that was proposed by the libs. Now they can’t afford to buy property without that extra $8000 between them. /s

Imo if they can’t afford property on 440k a year the extra 8k in tax they would have originally got wouldn’t make a fucking difference but the extra $800-1400ish for low and middle income earners sure as shit will make a difference the those families.

I didnt even read the article.. are they saying they cant afford a house with that income? lol

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Nice to see the long game win out. The LNP used the very same issue to wedge ALP at the time and now the ALP have returned the favour. Nothing those dick heads can say now that doesn't just out them as what they truly are.

Did you see Mr Potato Head wanted to call an election "and let the people decide"? ...yes he is that dumb :ROFLMAO:

R3za92

Baked
User ID
I didnt even read the article.. are they saying they cant afford a house with that income? lol
They didn’t say house but, and I quote “our budget has to change now. It’s going to put back our ability to buy a property. It halts all our plans to progress for several years”

Like fuck me, if they can’t afford a house on 440k/year they need a slap up the head and to wake the fuck up from whatever dream state they’re in.

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
They didn’t say house but, and I quote “our budget has to change now. It’s going to put back our ability to buy a property. It halts all our plans to progress for several years”

Like fuck me, if they can’t afford a house on 440k/year they need a slap up the head and to wake the fuck up from whatever dream state they’re in.

lol, for sure, shows ya dont need to be intelligent to earn a big wage..

Though, the house they want to buy is probably $5M on the Northern Beaches.. ..

R3za92

Baked
User ID
lol, for sure, shows ya dont need to be intelligent to earn a big wage..

Though, the house they want to buy is probably $5M on the Northern Beaches.. ..
Yeah probably or something next door to kirribilli house. if 8k a year is the thing holding them back from buying property they’ve got bigger financial problems than not getting a bigger tax cut.

Pixie

Baked
User ID
I drink down the local here and Fucking Woolworths have bought the lease on it. So today which is Australia Day the fuckers have a 10% surcharge on the over priced fucking beers. I'm not being a cunt or anything but next week they have a fucking Kiwi national day down there and no extra charge on the beers. Fuck Kiwis they come over here for fucking nothing.

Pixie

Baked
User ID
Yeah they had the same shit last year and I walked into the pub and it was like I walked into the set of Once Were Warriors 🤪🤪 Fuck that 2 beer's and out of there.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
I drink down the local here and Fucking Woolworths have bought the lease on it. So today which is Australia Day the fuckers have a 10% surcharge on the over priced fucking beers. I'm not being a cunt or anything but next week they have a fucking Kiwi national day down there and no extra charge on the beers. Fuck Kiwis they come over here for fucking nothing.
Woolworths don’t own pub/hotels/liquor/gambling assets anymore. Endeavour group might have purchased it through their alh hotels holdings but neither of those are Woolworths anymore since the demerger. Woolworths isn’t even the largest shareholder in endeavour group anymore.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Woolworths don’t own pub/hotels/liquor/gambling assets anymore. Endeavour group might have purchased it through their alh hotels holdings but neither of those are Woolworths anymore since the demerger. Woolworths isn’t even the largest shareholder in endeavour group anymore.
Seems woolworths still owns a fair bit!
The big 3 Vanguard, BlackRock and State Street own a bit to! No fucking surprise there! 😒
Screenshot_20240127_132144_Chrome.jpg

Love to grow

Foot man
User ID
So I had to go out this morning and do a few odds and ends came back home and there's a howling NW wind here checked the girls and 2 of them have blown over. Snapped 2 branches on one of them and 1 branch off the other one 🤬🤬🤬 . I was going to do a bit of trimming on them but not branch size trimming. Fucking happy Australia Day. 🤬🤬🤬🤬
Fk that’s not good mate ya not in flower yet though are they should bounce back alright from a couple of snapped branches still sux for ya though👍

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Seems woolworths still owns a fair bit!
The big 3 Vanguard, BlackRock and State Street own a bit to! No fucking surprise there! 😒
View attachment 44146
They previously owned 85%. They keep selling more and more. The point is it isn’t Woolworth, while they may be one of the major shareholders they only get to vote on decisions like who is ceo etc they don’t make day to day buisness decisions.

Also look at the combined total of blackrock/vanguard etc and it’s still less than any of the 3 main shareholders. This doest even consider that blackrock etc are just investment firms investing for others. Like I own eft’s through vanguard does that mean vanguard owning shares of endeavour bad and “controlling” or does it mean I’m invested with my money into those companies?

Top Bottom