Spore-tacular Shenanigans

Goonie Goat

Curing
User ID
that’s a bit of a relief to hear Gonnie, thought it might have been contamination

how long do u reckon it can last in the plate if

- it didn’t go into the fridge
- it goes into the fridge (about 4C)
Could be good for 6 months upto 2 years they reckon. Ive had oyster and other varieties on agar in the fridge for close to a year and it's been fine.

Can't speak on cubes though but I'm guessing it's the same?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
am going to give a couple of grow bags off eBay a go, have gone for the al in one options but cause I’ve two bags I’ll keep one in the bag and I’ll use a monotub setup for the other when it’s ready for fruiting

each bag is 1.6kg of rye grain plus CVG substrate - I’ve put 3ml of what I’m guessing is TAT Ghost into each bag. guessing cause it was the freebie and is the only strain beginning T G on the sporespec price list

4C9AE05A-489B-4C4F-8B2D-4E33D1A1A5A3.jpeg

out of curiosity I put maybe 0.5ml from the syringe into an Agar plate to see if it takes off

A54C50FB-B3B6-4DBF-92EB-CC7DD837D449.jpeg

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
I do t love the taste of the JF so I mix it up with a spoon of peanut butter and wash down with a splash of lemon water

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
I have a grinder for herbs/coffee beans and was thinking of putting a gram of fine shroom powder into capsules

a mate reckons he can easily off load them cause the ounce I gave him as testers lasted fuck all between his work colleagues who all thought they were more like pills than trippy

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
so yesterday seemed like a great day for a trip, sun was mostly shining, had fuck all planned so popped 2.2g and decided to go for a walk by the harbour to the domain.
dog and the missus came along too.

didn’t notice anything for about maybe 30 minutes then some nausea so had a seat and asked missus to get me a drink from a kiosk.

sitting there looking out across the harbour I was feeing kinda like sea sick, I thought maybe it’s cause I’m looking at the water and waves etc so decided to look the other direction back to add the trees and then the visuals started. footpath took on a gentle wavy motion, the grass behind it was vibrant green and I noticed the colours in general seemed to be brighter and almost glowing. very pleasant visuals. But the stomach discomfort wasn’t getting any better so decided to head back home. within a couple of minutes weather went from sunshine between the clouds to dark, grey and blustery showers. I was well wrapped up so didn’t care but feeling rain on my face was a bit mad - each drop felt like a very small electric shock, which wasn’t super enjoyable but I figured it’s in my head, just keep walking.

by the time I got out of the domain I was tripping balls, some vehicles on the road had lights on so there were trails everywhere, kinda nice and disconcerting at the same time.

got back home and felt like maybe a spew would be a good idea with the stomach ache, but surprise surprise getting close to the toilet bowl it honestly started coming up toward me. I was kneeling beside the bowl, staring down what seemed to be a lengthening chasm that had a pool of water at the end. thought to myself fuck this is going to be weird but stuck a couple of fingers down my throat anyway. few unsuccessful attempts later I decided lying down would be easier and I was getting a bit freaked out by the massive drop from the rim of the toilet to the pool of water in the bowl.

so headed to the bedroom, lay on the bed looking out the window and put pink Floyd on. the cat came looking for a cuddle and I was happy with the distraction from my stomach. cats face changed from beige to brown and from furry to more of just a skull with her eyes looking at me. totally bonkers but interesting at the same time. maybe an hour or so later, I’d seen sun do some amazing things on the double glazed windows (we don’t have double glazing) and as it was setting it was creating a firestorm of reds and oranges in the sky (may not have been real as missus told me there was fuck all visible sunset).

by the time it was dark I decided to pick up my phone and spent a minute looking at greenpoints auctions but the pictures were like gifs and the plants were moving all over the shop so put it down.

turned the tv on but the faces and colours of people’s hair kept changing or moving so put YouTube on and searched for trippy video and put the first one on - it was very entertaining and kept me quiet till the food arrived.

by then it was probably 5 hours since I dropped the shrooms and so I had a smoke, and it was back to reality.

I didn’t really notice much stomach discomfort with the earlier doses all around 1.6g but this one wasn’t ideal. I reckon there might have been a few factors - was a bit hungover, hadn’t eaten much on top of the larger dose. maybe I’ll try a tea next time

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID
so yesterday seemed like a great day for a trip, sun was mostly shining, had fuck all planned so popped 2.2g and decided to go for a walk by the harbour to the domain.
dog and the missus came along too.

didn’t notice anything for about maybe 30 minutes then some nausea so had a seat and asked missus to get me a drink from a kiosk.

sitting there looking out across the harbour I was feeing kinda like sea sick, I thought maybe it’s cause I’m looking at the water and waves etc so decided to look the other direction back to add the trees and then the visuals started. footpath took on a gentle wavy motion, the grass behind it was vibrant green and I noticed the colours in general seemed to be brighter and almost glowing. very pleasant visuals. But the stomach discomfort wasn’t getting any better so decided to head back home. within a couple of minutes weather went from sunshine between the clouds to dark, grey and blustery showers. I was well wrapped up so didn’t care but feeling rain on my face was a bit mad - each drop felt like a very small electric shock, which wasn’t super enjoyable but I figured it’s in my head, just keep walking.

by the time I got out of the domain I was tripping balls, some vehicles on the road had lights on so there were trails everywhere, kinda nice and disconcerting at the same time.

got back home and felt like maybe a spew would be a good idea with the stomach ache, but surprise surprise getting close to the toilet bowl it honestly started coming up toward me. I was kneeling beside the bowl, staring down what seemed to be a lengthening chasm that had a pool of water at the end. thought to myself fuck this is going to be weird but stuck a couple of fingers down my throat anyway. few unsuccessful attempts later I decided lying down would be easier and I was getting a bit freaked out by the massive drop from the rim of the toilet to the pool of water in the bowl.

so headed to the bedroom, lay on the bed looking out the window and put pink Floyd on. the cat came looking for a cuddle and I was happy with the distraction from my stomach. cats face changed from beige to brown and from furry to more of just a skull with her eyes looking at me. totally bonkers but interesting at the same time. maybe an hour or so later, I’d seen sun do some amazing things on the double glazed windows (we don’t have double glazing) and as it was setting it was creating a firestorm of reds and oranges in the sky (may not have been real as missus told me there was fuck all visible sunset).

by the time it was dark I decided to pick up my phone and spent a minute looking at greenpoints auctions but the pictures were like gifs and the plants were moving all over the shop so put it down.

turned the tv on but the faces and colours of people’s hair kept changing or moving so put YouTube on and searched for trippy video and put the first one on - it was very entertaining and kept me quiet till the food arrived.

by then it was probably 5 hours since I dropped the shrooms and so I had a smoke, and it was back to reality.

I didn’t really notice much stomach discomfort with the earlier doses all around 1.6g but this one wasn’t ideal. I reckon there might have been a few factors - was a bit hungover, hadn’t eaten much on top of the larger dose. maybe I’ll try a tea next time
Other than the nausea, sounds fun! Always make sure you have something in your stomach first!

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
You're slaying it Orb, and the other TSE mushy farmers. Motivated me to ingest 1.5g this morning. Enough to create a relaxing mindset and mild hot flush, without any significant affect on visual or auditory perception. I'll avoid driving the car this arvo, as I tried that a few months ago on a similar dosage and had to turn the car around and return home. Altered sense of movement/depth perception in heavy traffic was memorable for the wrong reasons. Stay off the road trippers......lol

Sun Ra

Baked
Community Member
User ID
You're slaying it Orb, and the other TSE mushy farmers. Motivated me to ingest 1.5g this morning. Enough to create a relaxing mindset and mild hot flush, without any significant affect on visual or auditory perception. I'll avoid driving the car this arvo, as I tried that a few months ago on a similar dosage and had to turn the car around and return home. Altered sense of movement/depth perception in heavy traffic was memorable for the wrong reasons. Stay off the road trippers......lol
I remember back in the day 4 of us were tripping in Melbs and decided to drive to Portsea for a swim in the surf.
I drove up there in a VW beetle but wasn't up for the drive back - was starting to get dark. A mate drove and to
this day I have o idea how he got it together to do that. Stuff you do when you're young and stupid.

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
decided to break and shake one of the bags, leaving the other for a few more days. I’ll hold judgment on these bags till the end but will admit the b’n’s isn’t as easy compared with the sporespec grow bag. the bag dimensions are narrower so getting the grain up throughout the substrate takes a bit longer

38DE8480-2246-4CA8-AD34-1F8F97611982.jpeg

Hudo

Baked
User ID
decided to break and shake one of the bags, leaving the other for a few more days. I’ll hold judgment on these bags till the end but will admit the b’n’s isn’t as easy compared with the sporespec grow bag. the bag dimensions are narrower so getting the grain up throughout the substrate takes a bit longer

View attachment 48307
I'd wait till more of the grain has colonised. Just squeeze the bottom half and mix Just the grain, then wait for the grain to be fully colonised then mix with substrate, this will be much faster because you will have more inoculation points throughout the substrate

Reactions: Orb

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
yeah one of the bags took off better than the other to start with, it had like 50% of the grain colonised

I’m going to grow the slower of the two in the bag, the other will go into a fruiting chamber just to see how yields and speed might vary from the same start

Top Bottom