Random pics of weed

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I find indoors mine do between 2 to 3 nodes a week depending on strain and vigour. So yeah anywhere from 6 to 9 I would consider normal.
They look to short to top in the pics.
Do you run your lights close and up high?
All your stuff looks super compact. Might be the spectrum of ya Chinga boards. Mine looked like that till I went from 3 to 2 lights for veg. Got bigger plans for less electricity! 🤣
Cheers mate. Good to know. Sounds about bang on.

Nah I just smash them with DLI of 40 from birth as I'm only in a 160cm tall tent. Usually only end up about 50-70cm tall depending on strain. Add the pot and I'm usually only around 70-90cm. I'm always paranoid about stretch for some reason. I run the lights around 500-550umol/s straight away which is usually 50% at around 16" and 120w in winter as it adds warmth.

Once I get in the 2x4 going next week I'll probably give em time or space to grow a bit more. Just running small plants in the 90x50 in general. I've tried less light during the first few weeks and generally ended up with less branching in the same time, but height can stunt as a tradeoff.

You can see how small they stay based on how short the main stem is in this pic. This one turned out even shorter than usual. Probably 8" to where it was topped even after stretch. This is basically what I'll get if I top now at day 15-16 and flip in a few days.
IMG_20240624_195433.jpg
That was basically top at day 17 and flip at day 20.

Last edited:

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Cheers mate. Good to know. Sounds about bang on.

Nah I just smash them with DLI of 40 from birth as I'm only in a 160cm tall tent. Usually only end up about 50-70cm tall depending on strain. Add the pot and I'm usually only around 70-90cm. I'm always paranoid about stretch for some reason. I run the lights around 500-550umol/s straight away which is usually 50% at around 16" and 120w in winter as it adds warmth.

Once I get in the 2x4 going next week I'll probably give em time or space to grow a bit more. Just running small plants in the 90x50 in general. I've tried less light during the first few weeks and generally ended up with less branching in the same time, but height can stunt as a tradeoff.

You can see how small they stay based on how short the main stem is in this pic. This one turned out even shorter than usual. Probably 8" to where it was topped even after stretch. This is basically what I'll get if I top now at day 15-16 and flip in a few days.
View attachment 49162
That was basically top at day 17 and flip at day 20.
Yeah mine used to look the same.20191005_085349.jpg20191004_214918.jpg
Then i changed the height and amount of the lights and went to below with the same veg time.
Same lights.20210102_091210.jpg20210102_091214.jpg

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Yeah mine used to look the same.View attachment 49163View attachment 49164
Then i changed the height and amount of the lights and went to below with the same veg time.
Same lights.View attachment 49165View attachment 49166
Id be happy either way in that regards. Nice work. That's quite the comparison. At the moment I'm liking the compact plants for smell and ease of use reasons but it would be nice to grow a real plant once in a while haha. Might grow one now the 2x4 is being set up.

Probably the craziest comparison I've seen in a while. Elongating them might help with mold/air movement too. The SSH X Bangi Haze a while back was so compact as I blasted it with light due to warnings of stretch and flipped at day 20. It was so dense air movement was a problem. Lost like 20g to mold.

Last edited:

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Id be happy either way in that regards. Nice work. That's quite the comparison. At the moment I'm liking the compact plants for smell and ease of use reasons but it would be nice to grow a real plant once in a while haha. Might grow one now the 2x4 is being set up.

Probably the craziest comparison I've seen in a while. Elongating them might help with mold/air movement too. The SSH X Bangi Haze a while back was so compact as I blasted it with light due to warnings of stretch and flipped at day 20. It was so dense air movement was a problem. Lost like 20g to mold.
Difference is at least an OZ a plant sometimes close to 2.
From what I've grown I've never had anything more than doubled the size from stretch. LEDS just don't seem to stretch as much.

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Difference is at least an OZ a plant sometimes close to 2.
From what I've grown I've never had anything more than doubled the size from stretch. LEDS just don't seem to stretch as much.
yea, yields have been a bit stale since I've been running stouter plants that's for sure. I'm only getting around 1g per watt at 150w in the 90x50s. So roughly 2.5zips per plant, maybe a wee bit more (the POTG yielded pretty well at I got 1.18g per watt).

I'm mainly growing for expression and personal use at the moment so I don't mind too much and trimming is never a chore. I'm sure I'd get way better results too if I didn't flip so early as well but I'm sort of been purposely handicapping the size for a while.

Once I realized it's not worth trying to make money out of such a small grow I moved to more manageable plants, probably about three years ago now. I think I've only filled any of my tents once since I've been here which is a bit of a waste efficiency wise.

Stiritup420

Vegetating
User ID
Thought i would post my pics of the seed tests for anyone who is interested. Sorry, still have poor camera lol

I have been struggling to grow for the last 6-8 months from a badly broken hand and wrist but i have managed to grow out these all be it with neglect.

First is 2 x Planet of the grapes. Seems like a possible keeper but have not tried it yet.. Smells heavy of grape. Verry slow plant to initiate flower but catches up fast towards the end. Also, no banana's even though they were stressed. Easy to grow, takes whatever you give it!
image0 (17).jpegimage5 (4).jpeg

This is GDP x BH #2. This Pheno is a champion and gets really sticky. However, it has 0 smell and less purple traits than #1 did.. I have been getting Bananas on #1 but they have been blanks. My mate has had banana's on #1 pheno which have pollinated a Cream caramel so that might be nice to try. I am sure it's stress related and no problems with #2.
image16.jpegimage6 (3).jpeg

Finally i tested CRESCENDO.. This one again had no problems being a lady. Easy to grow and makes a nice sweet smell, similar to POTG. However, this was far below average and amounted to horrible smoko.
image20 (1).jpegimage21 (1).jpeg

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Look awesome man. How's the smell on those? Looks like the 2nd seed i popped but those are way more stacked.. I got one tall girl that stinks and gets quite purple. The other one looked more like yours but had no smell so i let it go. I think it was a mistake.. I'm popping another one next week with some more testers :)

Faint pine smell. Try popping another Crescendo S1 seed, as your pheno had thin leaves and bud structure I haven't seen before. 3 of 4 phenos I've seen will turn purple during winter. Needs 10 to 11 weeks flowering, and has bit of a chem-diesel smell with a potent kick. I'm now testing some new Crescendo crosses, trying to increase yield and retain potency. Selected biggest structure from a 10 pack of regs, for recent round of mating. I'm most interested in a MAC x Crescendo cross. So far, only released this cross to 2 trusted TSE growers for initial test grows.

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Still going hard on tap water. Has had a top dress a while back. Think I finally made a half decent super "soil" for once.
IMG_20240627_221409.jpg
If I was to buy everything again in one go it would be a bit exy though.
IMG_20240628_061000.jpg
Three of sedges DP X BH. Going to try cram all three in. Might flip at day 21.

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Interesting how the two or three trifoliate branches have a completely different structure than the others. All the normal colas offset nodes but the tri branches don't. Will be interesting to see how they stack.
IMG_20240629_112830.jpg
IMG_20240628_193824.jpg

Wholebunchanumbers

Germinating
User ID
Not real happy with this plant, guessing it wanted some calcium early? Starting to refine my sloppy feeding habits so i dont get runts like this. 517 legend - blue paint, has a cool kinda not eucalyptus but maybe wattlebrush kinda smell. 20240629_181225.jpg

Attachments

• 20240629_181124.jpg
    20240629_181124.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 4
Top Bottom