How often do YOU get stoned ?

How often do YOU - yes you, get high ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I'm defo the opposite. As a whole it makes me appreciate food a little too much if it's a heavy/couch lock smoke. However some sativas leave me uninterested in eating and still in touch with what I'm undertaking at the time.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID
I get the munchies from mostly sativa strains. I get loss of appetite from hybrids and indica leaning

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
never really thought about it tbh, ya given me something to ponder along with how much luck some folks have

Sticky67

Curing
User ID
OK - here is my other question for those daily users - any loss of appetite ?

I've found since I retired 3 years ago and started smoking again - I couldn't for the 10 years prior coz drug tests at work - but I've now found my appetite is gone and I literally have to force myself to eat.

I'm wondering if it's canna related. Back in the day I used to know all about "the munchies" - but I don't get this at all anymore.

Over to you lot ...........
@Sun Ra @Mellow oldfark I have to agree with both of you, I've noticed the same but I don't know whether it's age or pot or both šŸ˜…. But the funny thing with me is I totally love cooking and baking but for other people not myself, again I find it an effort. Ok I forgot 1 big other factor, heroin I've been clean for 11yrs now and I think my yrs of abuse has left a big mark on me in regards to motivation and happiness both things I have to really work hard for these days..I hope this makes some sense šŸ¤£šŸ‘

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
I'm not sure how much I've ever truly got the munchies. I mean in the sense of a hunger sensation or something bodily. It's only in my head that I get the idea or something... That would happen if I was stoned or not.
I've been medicating daily since October last year and would say that I have noticed my daily hunger sensations to be deminished - yes. I do get hungry, but often find myself feeling less so, or less frequently, needing to consume less to satisfy, and also being able to ignore it for longer without being concerned.
This is definitely the case during the day, but I think I could be more methodical with it and implement more intermittent fasting pattern. Which I probably should as I could benefit with dropping some weight but am too wonky with stuff to get that together formally.
tl:dr - as a daily smoker, yeah, less noticeable hunger in general
**smoke 50/50 thc/cbd through the day for the most part, then thc 20% in the evenings

veritas629

Blooming
User ID
I'm a daily vape user and usually puff from early evening until bed time. I can't during the work day, wouldn't be safe etc.

Regarding the appetite, I've never had any interest in sweet foods, even as a kiddo. But, give me a couple puffs and I'll go through the freezer looking for ice cream ... even if the fridge ain't mine! THC = Sweet Tooth for this stoner.

Sun Ra

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I've always found Cannabis to be a hunger suppressant, I wouldn't have got the munches anymore than half a dozen times in the last 40 odd years.
It's only been like this for me for the last 3 years since I retired and started smoking again. Back in my teens, 20's and early 30's I used to get the munchies and also had a normal appetite - 3 meals a day, etc. Only had the odd period where I'd get wasted every day for a few weeks - usually was a few times a week and mostly evenings, so different. As someone mentioned - could be age related as well. As someone else mentioned, I actually enjoy cooking (for others) but live alone now so, naturally far less motivated when cooking for one. Just something that's been on my mind. I usually eat once a day now, occasionally twice and sometimes not at all.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
It's only been like this for me for the last 3 years since I retired and started smoking again. Back in my teens, 20's and early 30's I used to get the munchies and also had a normal appetite - 3 meals a day, etc. Only had the odd period where I'd get wasted every day for a few weeks - usually was a few times a week and mostly evenings, so different. As someone mentioned - could be age related as well. As someone else mentioned, I actually enjoy cooking (for others) but live alone now so, naturally far less motivated when cooking for one. Just something that's been on my mind. I usually eat once a day now, occasionally twice and sometimes not at all.

Sounds like a potential to be a combination of them all that you mentioned. A few old boys do go off their tucker as they get on in years. I'm down to two meals a day, ocassionally one. And as you say, you can lack enthusiasm cooking just for yourself a majority of the time.

veritas629

Blooming
User ID
Anyone ever try one of those THCV heavy strains? THCV is meant to be an appetite suppressant. I quite nicotine about 10mons ago and a strain that kills the desire to snack would be very useful!

If I can vape my way to a summer bikini body ... (it would be horrible, but at least a skinny horror)

Sun Ra

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Fuck - just looked at the poll results for the first time in a few days - a lot of cunts here are getting high every day, hey ?
Bit of a surprise that 3 don't use anymore and 2 (?!) have never tried the hooch. Lol scientific surveys ....... šŸ„ø

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I just typed a huge reply but I rambled and strayed and went all over the place so hereā€™s the simple version.
ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”___

Every day, mostly only at night.

Iā€™ve never had much of an appetite but I do get munchies.

Ps. I think smoking weed is bad for my appetite as now Iā€™m ONLY hungry when Iā€™m stoned.

ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”

Below is the long version. Someone shut me up! :)

ā€”ā€”ā€”

ok first part.
When my chores are done, which is generally when Iā€™ve cooked dinner about 7pm I start smoking, and smoke until I sleep.

Sometimes on a Saturday I have a ā€œday offā€ as far as the kids are concerned ( they are step children so whenever he can be arsed the dad might do something) and then I might smoke all day or eat some oil.

But I donā€™t smoke when I have shit to do. Iā€™ve never found any strain that makes me want to do anything except listen to music or watch a movie. So I do avoid it until I know I can relax.

As a teenager I smoked as much as I could, but that was really reliant on seasons. I didnā€™t buy it so just what me and my friends grew.

I quit in my 20s, I moved to the city and alcohol was more suited as a way to self medicate my social anxiety ( not that I knew this then) and became a big drinker which eventually led to my entire life collapsing around my drunken mess.

Food. Hmm
One of the reasons I have on my medical is for appetite. Iā€™m pretty damn skinny ( yeah I know ā€œtake some of mineā€, I hear it all the time). Iā€™ve tried for 30+ years to gain weight but nothing works for me.

I do get munchies. And I eat a shit load. But during the day I have almost no appetite.
So I tend to eat 2 dinners at night and a heap of snacks as well.

It was worse when I was drinking as I never was hungry. Iā€™d go days without eating, getting all my calories from booze. Just occasionally force myself to eat. When I quit drinking I was so addicted to sugar it was insane. Iā€™d go all weak in the knees and shaking but a can of coke or glass or three of juice Iā€™d be ok ( this was happening for months after alcohol withdrawals were over).

Shit sorry for writing an epic

Sun Ra

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I just typed a huge reply but I rambled and strayed and went all over the place so hereā€™s the simple version.
ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”___

Every day, mostly only at night.

Iā€™ve never had much of an appetite but I do get munchies.

Ps. I think smoking weed is bad for my appetite as now Iā€™m ONLY hungry when Iā€™m stoned.

ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”

Below is the long version. Someone shut me up! :)

ā€”ā€”ā€”

ok first part.
When my chores are done, which is generally when Iā€™ve cooked dinner about 7pm I start smoking, and smoke until I sleep.

Sometimes on a Saturday I have a ā€œday offā€ as far as the kids are concerned ( they are step children so whenever he can be arsed the dad might do something) and then I might smoke all day or eat some oil.

But I donā€™t smoke when I have shit to do. Iā€™ve never found any strain that makes me want to do anything except listen to music or watch a movie. So I do avoid it until I know I can relax.

As a teenager I smoked as much as I could, but that was really reliant on seasons. I didnā€™t buy it so just what me and my friends grew.

I quit in my 20s, I moved to the city and alcohol was more suited as a way to self medicate my social anxiety ( not that I knew this then) and became a big drinker which eventually led to my entire life collapsing around my drunken mess.

Food. Hmm
One of the reasons I have on my medical is for appetite. Iā€™m pretty damn skinny ( yeah I know ā€œtake some of mineā€, I hear it all the time). Iā€™ve tried for 30+ years to gain weight but nothing works for me.

I do get munchies. And I eat a shit load. But during the day I have almost no appetite.
So I tend to eat 2 dinners at night and a heap of snacks as well.

It was worse when I was drinking as I never was hungry. Iā€™d go days without eating, getting all my calories from booze. Just occasionally force myself to eat. When I quit drinking I was so addicted to sugar it was insane. Iā€™d go all weak in the knees and shaking but a can of coke or glass or three of juice Iā€™d be ok ( this was happening for months after alcohol withdrawals were over).

Shit sorry for writing an epic
Great post Harry - thanks for sharing. Very interesting - so you don't drink at all anymore I assume ?

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Great post Harry - thanks for sharing. Very interesting - so you don't drink at all anymore I assume ?
Nah. Ended up in hospital years ago and doctors saw my pancreas and said my next drink could be my last. Iā€™ve been sober about 12 years now but my health is irreparably damaged. My pancreas works just and wonā€™t get better. I have permanent nerve damage in feet, legs, fingers and eyes, a few feet less intestines than I had before. All from drinking.

I was a pretty big drinker though. Donā€™t intend to scare anyone. Now I realise I was self medicating all my anxieties. Booze made me survive living and working in Sydney.
Sober me loves Sydney for a holiday, but I canā€™t live in the city anymore.

Itā€™s just some of us canā€™t drink the same way most people can. My father is an alcoholic also. Heā€™s about 15 years sober, maybe more.

:)

Weed suits me better.

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
It did take me a good 2-3 years to get sober playing Russian roulette with booze. I would have a bender for a week or 6 and end up in hospital with a pancreatitis attack.
Sober up and something would happen and my alcohol brain would use the excuse to drink. Trouble is I could never stick to a few. Once I had one I wouldnā€™t stop until I was in hospital again (drunk 24/7).

LOAF

Germinating
Community Member
User ID
Everyday brother wake n bake till bed then repeat. Over 25+ yrs now from about 16 or 17yrs old. Bongs are literally killing me now days so reluctently switched to vapes for about a year and it was different but ok. Made the mistake of just having ONE cone for something different and..........

Atleast i know how im gonna die, a slow painfull horrible waterless drowning šŸ™ƒ

HomeBound_Hound

Germinating
Community Member
User ID
Okay so smoke everyday except for small exceptions like I once quit for a missus for about 6 months then told her to fuck off n started smoking again and once again when I had to get my license back. Other then those two times have been smoking everyday since I was about 15.

Munchies seem to come n go with my tolerance. If my tolerance is high then I don't get the munchies at all but in the times I've quit or had tolerance breaks when I start smoking again I get the munchies to the point where I can't stop eating and give myself pains in the stomach or make myself physically sick.

On the normal though if my girl isn't down for school holidays I usually only really have the one big meal for dinner and munch on finger food what ever is easiest unless I make an effort to be in a routine to eat breakfast lunch and dinner then most of the time I can't be fucked. So all in all I'd also say it's a mixture of age and just cbf.

@Harry bootlace I was also very skinny for years till I got put on my antidepressants then I put on around 25kg in under 3 months.

Top Bottom