Fishing

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Nice. did they pay for the fuel bill? I've been looking at those fishing Seadoo jetskis lately... be nice and cheap on the fuel.
These snapper weighed atound 15kgs+ in total.. I've gone back to a 21 foot trailer boat with a single 225 hp outboard. Used about 70 litres for the full day, as we also travelled another 25kms south and back again, throughout the day looking for fish. Jet ski will be fine for some near/off shore fishing. But wouldn't have the range to fish the grounds we were looking over that day. But around Bris coastline the inshore fishing should be red hot anyway. If you get out of bed early enough to throw a line you're a chance of even better fish up there

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Get some livey's and a good sounder, and patrol around gold coast seaway, espec over the pipeline that all the big jewies hang out, also plenty of trevs on live bait
Then if fishing is bad u can scoot over 2 sth straddie which has excellent banks at the mo
Are u around that area Bill ?

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Get some livey's and a good sounder, and patrol around gold coast seaway, espec over the pipeline that all the big jewies hang out, also plenty of trevs on live bait
Then if fishing is bad u can scoot over 2 sth straddie which has excellent banks at the mo

Yeah mate. You and I are practically neighbours.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Hooked up on a huge Kingy doing exactly that in the Seaway (minus the sounder). Took me 15 minutes to land the bastard, and dragged us the length of the Seaway during the process. From memory, I think he was just under a metre long.

Hudo

Baked
Community Member
User ID
scaled_7be54995-7ef5-447a-9694-6c331e1fd3338826967891405980121.jpg
One I got on the weekend fishing the comp. Was holding 3rd for a bit then a couple got weighed in one @ 799 and one at 815. A couple big Jews weighed I over 1200 a 930 snapper and a 815 tusk fish. I ended up winning a rod and a new marine battery in the lucky draws though.

Love to grow

Foot man
User ID
View attachment 51338
One I got on the weekend fishing the comp. Was holding 3rd for a bit then a couple got weighed in one @ 799 and one at 815. A couple big Jews weighed I over 1200 a 930 snapper and a 815 tusk fish. I ended up winning a rod and a new marine battery in the lucky draws though.
Queensland copper fish Fkn flathead😂👍 them n flake bout the only thing I eat out the ocean oh and calamari

Goonie Goat

Curing
User ID
View attachment 51338
Nice flatty, biggest one that family member landed was 97cm, was a horse of a fish...

My PB bream was 47cm, hooked up on some oyster beds, cunt of a spot heaps of snags and the good size fish bust you off as soon as you hook them. Locked up the drag up and skull dragged this bream over the rocks and ended up bending the shaft in the reel (cheap Shimano 1000 combo) but was worth it, no way I was gonna let that fish dart back into the rocks and snap me off 🤣.. good times.

Hudo

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Nice flatty, biggest one that family member landed was 97cm, was a horse of a fish...

My PB bream was 47cm, hooked up on some oyster beds, cunt of a spot heaps of snags and the good size fish bust you off as soon as you hook them. Locked up the drag up and skull dragged this bream over the rocks and ended up bending the shaft in the reel (cheap Shimano 1000 combo) but was worth it, no way I was gonna let that fish dart back into the rocks and snap me off 🤣.. good times.
The winning bream this comp was 470 biggest I've seen. Old man got a flatly a tad over 1m at St Georges basin. You could of used the fucker as a shovel

BigRobbo

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Re jetski: Ive been thinkin about that for awhile.. guys do pretty well on them here on the Goldy especially on the mackeral mulloway and snapper, easy 1 man launching and retrieving, low fuel bills and rego either that or a Stealth fishing kayak launching off the beach rods and gear stored inside the fish hatch 👌

Top Bottom