The great green ripoff

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now
F

freddie

What strain sativa was that one mate?

Because I still haven’t found what I’m looking for lol.
It was a single seed that sprouted from seeds I'd kept from the late 80s, bagseed basically. I used to score a lot of pot and would save only seeds from the best. Never knew back then to store refrigerated, plus I gave up weed for some years before starting again. I found some years later but only one sprouted. I'm still searching but getting closer.... I have some haze, Laos, Thai, Indian, and PNG x, that I am slowly going through. Nothing trippy as yet, but the Laos is very nice effect.

Kee Mao

Baked
User ID
Pic is from book Thai stick By Peter Maguire and Mike Ritter. Good read on weed in 60’s and 70’s.

Madmick

Baked
User ID
I'm thinking that if you weren't around when the black micro dot trips were doing the rounds you might not seen the original batch of Thai sticks were around

They were the pre cursor to how its sold today

Then you got a. bag of weed for $30 , approx 15 grams

Then the Thai sticks hit the market , all of a sudden $15 a gram

Then the $20 foil that we have today

Over a period of 10yrs a oz went from $60 to $300 plus

Really no explanation for prize jump , just greed from commercial growers

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
About 1975 a friend asked if he and a mate could hang around my place for an hour or so Coz they were waiting to do a deal .

No worries,,they bought in some garbage bags ,,,we had a session or two then before leaving ,his mate gave one bag a good shake and gave me the crumbs at the bottom ,,,So I ended up with roughly 3/4 of an ounce of stickless Buddha,,gratis.

These were not like in your pic but in round bundles about the circumference of a football ,,Steam needed to help seperate the sticks without having them break up and fall apart.

a Good earn for them,,paying $4 per stick and moving the lot at $4.50 each in bulk ..street prices then we’re about $10- $ 12each
and often cut shorter than the original length.

an oz of seedy head back then was $25-$30 an oz depending on who you knew.
Hash was getting around for $110 an oz or $5 per gram
Trips we’re $2.50 -$3 depending on who you knew..

it shows my age but I just love talking about the good old days,
they weren’t all good though ,,,a lot of shit times got thrown in too.😊

Cheech

Vegetating
User ID
It was a single seed that sprouted from seeds I'd kept from the late 80s, bagseed basically. I used to score a lot of pot and would save only seeds from the best. Never knew back then to store refrigerated, plus I gave up weed for some years before starting again. I found some years later but only one sprouted. I'm still searching but getting closer.... I have some haze, Laos, Thai, Indian, and PNG x, that I am slowly going through. Nothing trippy as yet, but the Laos is very nice effect.
PNG gold was very popular here the last ones I done went purple

graeme1942

Germinating
User ID
About 1975 a friend asked if he and a mate could hang around my place for an hour or so Coz they were waiting to do a deal .

No worries,,they bought in some garbage bags ,,,we had a session or two then before leaving ,his mate gave one bag a good shake and gave me the crumbs at the bottom ,,,So I ended up with roughly 3/4 of an ounce of stickless Buddha,,gratis.

These were not like in your pic but in round bundles about the circumference of a football ,,Steam needed to help seperate the sticks without having them break up and fall apart.

a Good earn for them,,paying $4 per stick and moving the lot at $4.50 each in bulk ..street prices then we’re about $10- $ 12each
and often cut shorter than the original length.

an oz of seedy head back then was $25-$30 an oz depending on who you knew.
Hash was getting around for $110 an oz or $5 per gram
Trips we’re $2.50 -$3 depending on who you knew..

it shows my age but I just love talking about the good old days,
they weren’t all good though ,,,a lot of shit times got thrown in too.😊
I was in Perth in 72, remember hearing on the radio Whitlam being done by fraser while lying in the sun on the beach.
Sticks were very popular, we paid about $10-12 each.
I see in the Guardian that Canna Trucks on NY streets charging $60US for 3.5gms.
So $8AUD for 12gms seems quite good price.
Although I paid $14AUD a gm for last script.
Need to change clinic.
Bye the Bye.
The Gatekeepers are getting concerned about Rx availability.
re this am Guardian;
“The RACGP is also very concerned about the emergence of online prescription services and business models offering medicinal cannabis in Australia, which may be contributing to the nature of prescriptions. There are numerous risks to these ‘on demand’ types of services, including misdiagnosis and missed opportunities for preventative care. They won’t have the patient’s medical history.”

The use of medicinal cannabis to treat pain is controversial in Australia. The Australian Faculty of Pain Medicine suggests cannabinoid products should not be prescribed to treat chronic non-cancer pain, unless the patient is being treated as part of a registered clinical trial so that better evidence can be gathered.

The findings were published on Tuesday in the journal Frontiers in Pharmacology. The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) president, Adjunct Prof Karen Prince, said the findings were worrying.

F

freddie

I can imagine there might be a clampdown in the near future. I am on a couple of medical groups on reddit and it mostly reads like a lot of young folk excited about the weed they've scored, rather than actual medical stuff.

Doctors can go fuck themselves. They used to prescribe opiate pain medication for me but stopped suddenly with the opiate based stuff and put me on panadol osteo. Literally the next day I read an article that panadol does nothing for back pain. I was very responsible and careful with the opiates too. It's part of what prompted me to go medical cannabis.

@greame, Whitlam was sacked in '75.

seeded

Vegetating
User ID
Nothing trippy as yet
Trippyest weed I've had by far was a zamal dom pheno of zamaldelica from ace seeds. It was legit psychedelic herb that forced you to close your eyes and begin the early stages of a dark themed trip until you built up a tolerance to it which took about a week of heavy daily smoking. I remember the first time I smoked it and it was almost like satan himself gripped me by the balls and told me to hang on for dear life as I flew through clouds of darkness on a rollercoaster that threw me around in every direction imaginable for ages but left me short of breaking through into the higher planes of existence. In reality I was just rolling around on my bed like a spastic until I sobered up enough to open my eyes and then everything shimmered and vibrated for ages. Those effects didn't last too long, maybe a half hour or so and it gradually lessened as my tolerance grew but to this day it's the only herb to have ever done that to me from smoking alone. The high itself once it calmed down was super happy, didn't seem to have a ceiling I could hit and would last 6 hours in total too.

I made plenty of seed with that special lady but unfortunately gave about 95% of my collection away years ago to members of the trichocereus community so don't have anything to share atm. If you know anyone super into psychedelic cacti though ask them to see if they know anyone with Zam F2 seeds as plenty of people got them and those that did were flooded with seed in the hope they would feel a desire to share them out too so supply on their end shouldn't really be an issue unless they scored them just as I was running out. I gotta warn you though she yielded fuck all and took 20 weeks to mature from being flipped but if trippy weed is what you're after those seeds are out there.

F

freddie

Thanks, seeded. I've had a few ACE varieties and Zamal is one I really wish I'd had. There are many who give it similar review to you. I had their Malawi but didn't find that all that trippy or strong. I do have some Malawi from another source that is meant to be good. African pot is really interesting and unique.
ACE have some great gear.

seeded

Vegetating
User ID
Thanks, seeded. I've had a few ACE varieties and Zamal is one I really wish I'd had. There are many who give it similar review to you. I had their Malawi but didn't find that all that trippy or strong. I do have some Malawi from another source that is meant to be good. African pot is really interesting and unique.
ACE have some great gear.
I had their malawi too, mine was top notch for the most part. A few were average but most gave a 4 hour head stone kind of high while one was a proper sativa that got me really, really high for almost 6 hours. Zamaldelica beat it hands down though as every single pheno was very strong and heady. I have a few more of their strains I need to try out soon and replicate like panama, old timers haze, violetta, etc. When the f2s are made swing me a pm if any interest ya.

F

freddie

Thanks, I really don't need more seeds though. Unless something really special is available I've mostly stopped getting more. My grandchildren may be going through them long after I'm gone.

Cheech

Vegetating
User ID
Thanks, I really don't need more seeds though. Unless something really special is available I've mostly stopped getting more. My grandchildren may be going through them long after I'm gone.
Wish I could say that

Cheech

Vegetating
User ID
Order genetics that you know plenty of people will froth over, do a grow diary showing how you've made more F2 seeds than you could use in a lifetime and then wait for offers to roll in. Keep repeating this process until satisfaction has been reached.
Until the Bahamas on your own private yacht has been reached.

Cheech

Vegetating
User ID
I made some seeds over the summer with a 1978 thai in the mix
all up it has 78thai x Nevilles haze x Mullumbimby madness X with a Malawi x Mozambique
Ive got 10 seedlings on the go at the moment to test them but should be an interesting grow .
Hi mate how's your project growing.?

Top Bottom