The great green ripoff

Cheech

Vegetating
User ID
I wish I had some seeds from the old Thai stick. Having said that, I have what I think are landrace Thai, Indian, and Laos, some bought, some gifted. In recent times I have grown Laos and Ethiopian landrace, and currently have some never finishing Indian. I hope to pop some in the next year but it's a big commitment These strains flower upwards of 16 weeks and much more. Not many people are interested in growing them, let alone smoking them. The market is driven by fast producing multi hybrids with bag appeal. The old stuff has zero bag appeal to youngsters. In fact if there are pics online of the old stuff, most people call it shit (or schwag as the yanks call it). Most younger smokers want narcotic couchlock, not stimulating and trippy.

People should make their own seeds. Most stuff on the market is just multihybrids and is very easy to do. If you want to do real breeding you need to start with landrace and create proper f1's. There are a few companies that supply these like REal Seed Company, but you need to get that past customs.

There are the odd breeders working with older stock in Australia, even one guy in N QLD, but you need to get known before you can generally access it. Kangativa (on another site) worked with many old strains like Mullumbimby Madness until he got busted. Old Mother Sativa is one that used to get around the Northern rivers, NSW.

I agree though that seeds are a rip off. No one would dream of selling a seed back when I started.
Nice to hear some of the old strains are still around.you are so right how the times have changed given thousands of seeds out in the past with most dropping me in a cigar afterwards.
I am in N.Qld.and as Redgum popularised it is God's Country for agriculture .

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Cheech

Vegetating
User ID
It's different to what I was saying as there are alternatives to the exotic strains at cheaper prices.

I feel that's not okay what Big Pharma are doing, especially if a company has the only medication for a disease and is taking advantage of the sick who have no alternative, while the co. boasts about their record profits.

j
Of course sorry no one agrees to this but it extends to Petro companies blaming the war in Ukraine for high fuel prices while the truth is they are sucking our blood on purpose as I say get ready for more of this behavior by the wicked puppet masters.

Cheech

Vegetating
User ID
I made some seeds over the summer with a 1978 thai in the mix
all up it has 78thai x Nevilles haze x Mullumbimby madness X with a Malawi x Mozambique
Ive got 10 seedlings on the go at the moment to test them but should be an interesting grow .
Nice work how did you get 1978 ?without prying I mean has it been grown seasonally.another strain is Papua new Guinea gold always smelled of pine I have some 5 year old seed? of this but 1% germination ATM.
PNG gold Was introduced there in the early 70s by a guy I know .If he was not fully responsible he was one of a few pioneers that were there with early Aussie strains probably including Thai genetics.

HGO

Plant of the Month - Sep,2020.
Community Member
User ID
got the Hempys 78 thai x nevilles haze x mullumbimby madness all as a test strain called Outback haze #1
from OJD at connoisseur genetics .
grew out the 10 pack and kept 3 best fems and made the seeds with the most thai dominant of the 3 girls
the dry sift from that plant is amazing very clear high and great taste

F

freddie

I'm hopefully getting one of those outback haze crosses very soon. Glad you like it, HGO.

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Yep, anything tied 2 a paddlepop stick split in 2 three and wrapped with old string then placed in alfoil, was a genuine bonafide real thai buddah

Kee Mao

Baked
User ID
From what I understand Thai stick wasn’t dried,it was fermented. They made the sticks and then covered them with the leaves and it was cured anaerobiclly. That’s why it had the brown colour and the funky flavour. It was an export thing. I never saw it in the times I was there.
Brown brick weed in kg blocks is something I know more about.

Jaz

Curing
User ID

If that's the stuff that was getting around in the 90's, it was garbage. You'd peel it away from the block in layers, it was brown, dry and barely got you stoned.

I also recall a hash getting around Sydney in the 80's that was also pretty bad, thankfully it was a very short run.

j

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Yeah, with the stuff I come across it didn't resemble that picture too much. Fermented or similar technique sounds more along the lines because it had like a dried tar texture to it, and it was hard as fuck to mull up. Wasn't anywhere near that size either, it was a lot smaller with these tarry bits of bud tied/bound onto bamboo, similar to a thick insence stick.

Maybe it wasn't ridgy-didge, but it certainly smashed the fuck outta ya. First Time I spent 4-5 hours getting my shit together in the middle of a rainforest, lol.

puggle6

Baked
User ID
33 years ago I was on holiday in Thailand, the tour guide gave me a nug about the size of a biscuit, it was flat, brown and crumbled but was literally resin with some vegative material. It crumbled when broken down, joint was rolled with a bit of Karong Thip (Thai cigarette) and packed back into the cigarette tube.

Fuck me I was stoned, only time I have hallucinations and I ended up holed up in a restaurant bathroom. The toilet turned into a green monster with its mouth opened while I was throwing up.

The Olds needed to help me back to the hotel, I was 15 lol

I did take some domestically to Chang Mai and blew another and was fine.

When we flew back to Australia I tried to dispose of it in the airport toilets but the cunt wouldn't flush so I abandoned the flush attempt, there was a person who went strait in after me and first thing he did was flush again lol. I shit myself 🤣

We came in via Adelaide and had to connect with another flight to melb, I was actually patted down

Kee Mao

Baked
User ID
@puuggle6 your problem was the khrong thip. Those fuckers were strong. Fuck knows what they put in them. It was a bit Wild West back then. Rumour has it they put speed in the red bull. Good times.😶‍🌫️🤯

puggle6

Baked
User ID
I was 15 dude, had smoked a bit before so thought I was good and pigged on the joint like a teenager but what hit me I wasn't expecting. I must have taken it to Phuket as well before flying home but it was a while ago so I'm not sure how many seshes I had.

I was a bit more reserved smoking the subsequent joints and didn't green out

F

freddie

From what I understand Thai stick wasn’t dried,it was fermented. They made the sticks and then covered them with the leaves and it was cured anaerobiclly. That’s why it had the brown colour and the funky flavour. It was an export thing. I never saw it in the times I was there.
I'd agree with that, although I kind of imagine it was just improperly dried before being packed tightly for export. Fermented by accident.
Real Thai stick was unforgettable.

I visited Laos and Thailand a few years ago and had some Laos compressed that very much reminded me of the old Thai stick. People knock brickweed but some of it was great. Of course it isn't the narcotic high a lot chase, more electrifying euphoric.

I had a smoke a few years ago with someone in their late 30's. They thought my sativa was laced with something. It took much convincing to tell them otherwise. No, it's just good pot.

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
I'd agree with that, although I kind of imagine it was just improperly dried before being packed tightly for export. Fermented by accident.
Real Thai stick was unforgettable.

I visited Laos and Thailand a few years ago and had some Laos compressed that very much reminded me of the old Thai stick. People knock brickweed but some of it was great. Of course it isn't the narcotic high a lot chase, more electrifying euphoric.

I had a smoke a few years ago with someone in their late 30's. They thought my sativa was laced with something. It took much convincing to tell them otherwise. No, it's just good pot.
What strain sativa was that one mate?

Because I still haven’t found what I’m looking for lol.

Top Bottom