Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

thefullspectrum

Curing
Community Member
User ID
*sigh*

Weed Approach.
Hey welcome sorry to hear of your troubles. When I first looked into growing and sourcing seeds, I also stumbled upon these sites claiming to deliver weed to your door. I chatted to some prick online at one of them, forget now. Claimed that they triple vaccuum seal it and send through aus post. $250 minimum spend. Alarm bells.

Started playing around adding stuff to the cart, added 300000000000 oz of bud, 5000000999999999 vials of RSO oil etc, and apparantly all in stock ready to ship immedietely.

Yeah right.

As for the legal path, In Victoria, Canvalate were easy to deal with. Sufferer of chronic pain with medical records to show as I'm sure you do too. I simply sent in a health summary in which the reception at my GP clinic compiled. If you pass that stage, then pay $90 to have a telephone consult with their Doctor. Was a joke really but hey, thats how they sting you. Got approoved, and prescribed maximum 3 bottles at a time.

The product costs $200 ($169 + $29 shipping aus post tracked and signed) for 30ml of 1-1 THC/CBD. First script 12.5mg then can up it to a max of 25mg. 30mm does not go far for someone with a higher tolerence like myself.

I wont bother getting another script now Im growing and close to harvest. My 3 month power bill only added about $100. The economics don't compete.

Green_Sick

Vegetating
User ID
Hey welcome sorry to hear of your troubles. When I first looked into growing and sourcing seeds, I also stumbled upon these sites claiming to deliver weed to your door. I chatted to some prick online at one of them, forget now. Claimed that they triple vaccuum seal it and send through aus post. $250 minimum spend. Alarm bells.

Started playing around adding stuff to the cart, added 300000000000 oz of bud, 5000000999999999 vials of RSO oil etc, and apparantly all in stock ready to ship immedietely.

Yeah right.

As for the legal path, In Victoria, Canvalate were easy to deal with. Sufferer of chronic pain with medical records to show as I'm sure you do too. I simply sent in a health summary in which the reception at my GP clinic compiled. If you pass that stage, then pay $90 to have a telephone consult with their Doctor. Was a joke really but hey, thats how they sting you. Got approoved, and prescribed maximum 3 bottles at a time.

The product costs $200 ($169 + $29 shipping aus post tracked and signed) for 30ml of 1-1 THC/CBD. First script 12.5mg then can up it to a max of 25mg. 30mm does not go far for someone with a higher tolerence like myself.

I wont bother getting another script now Im growing and close to harvest. My 3 month power bill only added about $100. The economics don't compete.

That's awesome!
I've got green thumbs and it looks like I'll have to grow indoors because I live in a crappy area that's built up.
I have crack dealers for neighbours <,-- not even slightly kidding, who try to rob me blind.
I have a 6 foot fence, a inner fence made up of 5 electric strands, security cameras covering front and back yards and a pitbull....<-not kidding about that either.

It's a fricken war zone.

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Sorry to hear you've been dealt a shitty hand. If you're having trouble finding a doctor willing to prescribe near you, then you can always do a phone consultation with a clinic such as CDA (Cannabis Doctors Australia).

This is how we managed to obtain a legal script for my mother (Stage IV inoperable Liver/Colon/Stomach). As we were in Tassie (the land of opioid industry kickbacks 🤑) the local doctors wouldn't have a bar of it & would only offer a cocktail of pharmas with a strong reliance on the old hillbilly heroin (Oxy). So, as they were of fuck all use, we tried the phone option and found the whole process surprisingly quick/painless (as it should be for anyone staring down the big C). The flowers + oils (Both 1:1 and high THC) were sent express post from QLD no problems.

Some info here in this thread -> https://www.theserratededge.com/forum/threads/im-legit-now-lol-got-my-script.408/#post-26168

Also, a good compilation of info on www.reddit.com/r/MedicalCannabisAus ⤵️

Green_Sick

Vegetating
User ID
When I refused to get the jab they refused to treat me and the orderlies crowded me in the hospital cubical with 'intent'...yep, for all intents and purposes they were prepared to bulldog me down and force jab me. I was released after a fair bit of hostility on my part with a Endone script to die.
Never been so frightened in my life...thank God it translated as pure unleashed aggression and I didn't cry.
Being aggressive when you're crying doesn't work.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Sad to hear of your plight. Legal or not, it will be very costly to source a regular supply of oil. After established costs, it will be cheaper to grow flowers and produce your own oil. In 15 weeks you can harvest your first crop, and with a small second veg tent( say 60cms X 60cms) you can harvest ongoing every 9 to 10 weeks. Send me a P.M. if you would like a supply of reliable (no cost) seeds. You will however need to sort out funds for equipment to start your grow project.

Green_Sick

Vegetating
User ID
Sad to hear of your plight. Legal or not, it will be very costly to source a regular supply of oil. After established costs, it will be cheaper to grow flowers and produce your own oil. In 15 weeks you can harvest your first crop, and with a small second veg tent( say 60cms X 60cms) you can harvest ongoing every 9 to 10 weeks. Send me a P.M. if you would like a supply of reliable (no cost) seeds. You will however need to sort out funds for equipment to start your grow project.

Thank you! I deeply appreciate the offer.
I spent a bit of time today pricing complete grow kits from a range of different sites.
A small kit that grows 4 plants looks like it will set me back around $1000.
The tent I'm seeing in that priced kit is 120 x 60 x 150...would 4 plants fit in that space?
I started watching Mendo Dope on YT..WOW!! I had no idea the plants could get that big!
There's no way I could fit even one of those plants in that size tent.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
You could fit 4 plants in that space. Could easily yield 10 to 14 ounces. Would only need a short veg time of around 4 to 5 weeks. Don't skimp on the quality of grow light. It's the second most important part of a grow, after genetics (seeds). If you're unsure of the light quality, just ask on this site, plenty of experienced growers here will give you good advice. Shop around for a decent 240(approx) watt LED light that will give you flowering coverage for 60x 120cm footprint.

Pikey

Baked
User ID
@Green_Sick - given the dimensions of the tent you mentioned, am I right to assume that it is a Greenfingers branded tent? If so, I would personally steer away from any cheap tent with plastic corner connectors. If you're looking @ around the $1000 price point for a full setup you could do much better on quality and still have some money left in your pocket for the other things you'll need like media, nutrients and PH/EC pen.

As an example: for $820.62 delivered, you could get a decent complete setup such as a Spiderfarmer SF2000 Combo Kit which includes an LED grow light (LM301B), 120 x 60 x 180cm grow tent (thick 1680D + full metal frame), 4” duct fan w/ Carbon filter + ducting, Thermometer/Hygrometer, Timer, 4 × 5 Gal grow bags, Scrog net & Adjustable rope clip hangers.

Obviously if you shop around and buy things individually there are savings to be made eg. LEDexpress make some decent lights, like @Gazza is using, that come in a good whack cheaper than the SF2000. But if you don't have the knowledge/time or just don't want the hassle then this isn't the worst option.

Green_Sick

Vegetating
User ID
@Green_Sick - given the dimensions of the tent you mentioned, am I right to assume that it is a Greenfingers branded tent? If so, I would personally steer away from any cheap tent with plastic corner connectors. If you're looking @ around the $1000 price point for a full setup you could do much better on quality and still have some money left in your pocket for the other things you'll need like media, nutrients and PH/EC pen.

As an example: for $820.62 delivered, you could get a decent complete setup such as a Spiderfarmer SF2000 Combo Kit which includes an LED grow light (LM301B), 120 x 60 x 180cm grow tent (thick 1680D + full metal frame), 4” duct fan w/ Carbon filter + ducting, Thermometer/Hygrometer, Timer, 4 × 5 Gal grow bags, Scrog net & Adjustable rope clip hangers.

Obviously if you shop around and buy things individually there are savings to be made eg. LEDexpress make some decent lights, like @Gazza is using, that come in a good whack cheaper than the SF2000. But if you don't have the knowledge/time or just don't want the hassle then this isn't the worst option.
Is this the kit you recommended?

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Yeah, that's the one. Be aware, there are other similar brands/options, I just used that example as I have used the brand myself (and would again) plus they are a TSE forum sponsor.

NB: To get the price I quoted you need to apply the code ROLLITUP @ checkout (cough ...I don't recall them giving TSE our own discount code 🥺)

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
100% don’t skimp on light quality. Just look through my first grow for an example.

Depending on which state you live too you could put a pot or two outside (ACT)

This site has a wealth of experience and helpful peeps that have been so generous to me already.

I should have done better research getting my package but at least I grabbed a decent tent.

Green_Sick

Vegetating
User ID
100% don’t skimp on light quality. Just look through my first grow for an example.

Depending on which state you live too you could put a pot or two outside (ACT)

This site has a wealth of experience and helpful peeps that have been so generous to me already.

I should have done better research getting my package but at least I grabbed a decent tent.

I 100% agree.

The people here have been so wonderful.
It's been extremely humbling how generous they've been considering I have only just joined the community and they don't know me from Adam.

The money I lost getting ripped off has already been recouped by exponents due to that generosity.

I can only hope that in the near future I can pay it forward and help someone else.

User ID
Welcome to TSE GS. Sorry to hear about your cancer mate. Dotts could be right about the Nimbim Hemp Embassy, that came to my mind also. Another place could be the Australian Cannabis University, i remember they had oils and seeds (pretty cheap but regulars)

Top Bottom