New Grower, New Setup

R3za92

Baked
User ID
No, I've only got the HLG. Bloke at the local Hydro store reckons I can get a hanging heater to put in my 2x4 though?
If you’ve already got the led than yeah just go a heater but running a heater defeats any purpose of running leds. If you haven’t already purchased the hlg light buy a 315 cmh.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
If you’ve already got the led than yeah just go a heater but running a heater defeats any purpose of running leds. If you haven’t already purchased the hlg light buy a 315 cmh.
I run 3 leds and 2 heaters for less than 1000w.
Put the heater on the floor as heat rises they are far more effective than a heat source above.
Keeps ya roots nice and warm.

Ganja Kaiser

Baked
User ID
Fark. Load of confidence you lot have given me lol after those last few comments haha.

I run 3 leds and 2 heaters for less than 1000w.
Put the heater on the floor as heat rises they are far more effective than a heat source above.
Keeps ya roots nice and warm.

What kind of heater do you have on the floor Porky? Can you please give me a link to the same or similar product? The one I was looking at was hanging. You're right. Heat rises.

Heater on the floor is safe, in case of water?

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
This is a small one I have a 1.2m and an 800mm on the floor of my tent. Yes they are spill and splash proof and have safety shut off function.
Just google greenhouse tube heaters heaps of options.

Ganja Kaiser

Baked
User ID
This is a small one I have a 1.2m and an 800mm on the floor of my tent. Yes they are spill and splash proof and have safety shut off function.
Just google greenhouse tube heaters heaps of options.
Thanks mate. How big do you think I might need for a 2x4?

Ganja Kaiser

Baked
User ID
Hey everyone! Just wondering if you think these pots are too high/close to the HLG light I have? It's hanging pretty much in line with the top zip.

I'm trying to run this water setup. But my tubing going from my pots back to the reservoir outside the tent goes up and then back down and into the reservoir because the hole exiting the tent is higher than the tubes on the ground. Ic can't lower my reservoir. The only thing I can keep doing is lifting the pots but they're already bloody tall now. Any ideas aside from throwing the idea out and go back to hand watering?

Attachments

• tent1.jpg
    tent1.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 10
  • tent2.jpg
    tent2.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 10

Ganja Kaiser

Baked
User ID
Water in my pots is about 2 1/2" higher than it should be. Again I think because the hose leaving the pots and going back outside the tent to the reservoir is going up, out of the tent and down again into the reservoir.

Aside from cutting a slit in the bottom of my tent so the hose can leave the tent the same level as it goes into the reservoir outside the tent... any ideas?

Top Bottom