Memes memes memes

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Indy

Misfit
User ID
To late more like it! 🤣
The real funny thing is, they're about to roll out 2-3 new Wind Farm locations right along the the Eastern side of the Great Dividing Range, up in NQ-FNQ.

There's been some up on the Atherton Tablelands, near Milla Milla and they've stood the test of time. But the new ones are much larger, and more exposed. Interesting times ahead.

I won't go into detail how a new silica mining lease has been approved at Cape Flattery (as of yesterday). The area is renowned for purest form of silica anywhere on the globe. The type they want mostly to use in solar panels, EV's, etc.. Good ol Labor and the their renewables push, aye. Get ready for a new shipping lane through the Great Barrier Reef.

Last edited:

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
The real funny thing is, they're about to roll out 2-3 new Wind Farm locations right along the the Eastern side of the Great Dividing Range, up in NQ-FNQ.

There's been some up on the Atherton Tablelands, near Milla Milla and they've stood the test of time. But the new ones are much larger, and more exposed. Interesting times ahead.

I won't go into detail how a new silica mining lease has been approved at Cape Flattery (as of yesterday). The area is renowned for purest form of silica anywhere on the globe. The type they want mostly to use in solar panels, EV's, etc.. Good ol Labor and the their renewables push, aye. Get ready for a new shipping lane through the Great Barrier Reef.
If our government wasn't run by big corporations we would build our own factory's to process it and make solar panels! Shame we can't do the same with lithium and batteries!
We are nothing more than China's quarry!
I wonder what damage a ship full of silica spilling on the GBR would do? 🤔
A lot of damage I think! 😔

benn0

Baked
Community Member
User ID
We do have some lithium battery manufacturers in aust, i know one in adelaide is responsible for decking out the submarines with lithium, fairly sure ive seen somewhere there is a manufacturer in sydney or brisbane.
the irony is its still probably cheaper to import house fires from china via shipping

Indy

Misfit
User ID
I wonder what damage a ship full of silica spilling on the GBR would do? 🤔
A lot of damage I think! 😔

What most people don't factor in is a ship, and its ballast tanks. they head over here empty, so they have to take on water in their ballast tanks to keep them stable for the trip. then they dump all that water as they take on the silica. Whatever is in that expelled water could be anything from other marine life that could compromise the GBR, and any other nasties from around the planet.

So yeah, grounding a ship on the GBR isn't the only concern.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
What most people don't factor in is a ship, and its ballast tanks. they head over here empty, so they have to take on water in their ballast tanks to keep them stable for the trip. then they dump all that water as they take on the silica. Whatever is in that expelled water could be anything from other marine life that could compromise the GBR, and any other nasties from around the planet.

So yeah, grounding a ship on the GBR isn't the only concern.
Isn't that how the crown of thorns starfish got to the GBR?
Not to mention the 10s of thousands of liters of diesel they have in the fuel tanks!

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Isn't that how the crown of thorns starfish got to the GBR?
Not to mention the 10s of thousands of liters of diesel they have in the fuel tanks!
Could be. can't recall to be honest.

But yeah, plenty of shit could go wrong

Top Bottom