Link your tunes here

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Sun Ra

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Maybe you'll like this ........ sounds like the Salvation Army band on acid ........

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Maybe you'll like this ........ sounds like the Salvation Army band on acid ........

Lol yeah, sounds pretty scrapy. :ROFLMAO:

I don't mind a bit of brass. Not so much the bold bombastic styles. More so the smooth stuff. It's a bit of an odd combo, but Bass guitar and smooth Sax is a style that I find appealing. :cool:

Sun Ra

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Lol yeah, sounds pretty scrapy. :ROFLMAO:

I don't mind a bit of brass. Not so much the bold bombastic styles. More so the smooth stuff. It's a bit of an odd combo, but Bass guitar and smooth Sax is a style that I find appealing. :cool:

Rabbitlicker

Germinating
User ID
I had a momentary mental/musical connection earlier between these two pieces:

No small furry animals were harmed, nor psychoactive substances involved in this connection....

Sun Ra

Baked
Community Member
User ID

Song title meanings​

1. Concierto de Aranjuez was written by the then, contemporary Spanish composer Joaquín Rodrigo about the gardens at the Royal Palace of Aranjuez.
  2. El amor brujo is often translated as "The Bewitched Love." It is a ballet by Spanish composer Manuel de Falla.
  3. "The Pan Piper" refers to the instrument (pan flute) played by a pig's castrator and knife grinder and the melody he used to play when arriving to villages in Galicia. "Alborada" is a traditional folk style from Galicia.
  4. "Saeta" is a type of religious song mostly sung during the Semana Santa (Holy Week) processions in Spain.
  5. "Solea" is a form of flamenco music.

Last edited:

Rabbitlicker

Germinating
User ID
'Saw Deep Purple 3 nights in a row in Melbourne ('89?).
I met the band after their last performance (except Ritchie Blackmore, who was an unsociable cunt).
Whilst I was chatting to Jon Lord, I mentioned to him that he had incorporated the Adagio from Rodrigo's Concerto De Aranjuez during his keyboard solo that night & it felt like he was playing it just for me, as it's one of my all-time favourite pieces.

He absolutely fucking BEAMED!!!!

Top Bottom