Gweens have a plan to legalise it (apparently)

Jaz

Curing
User ID
They are clearly talking about human induced extinctions. What is wrong with halting that?

Nothing wrong with that at all, I believe the scientists when they say humans have caused climate change and we should do our best to reduce emissions, etc. but we have to be realistic about what we can and can't achieve.

In Aus. we have very strict EPA regulations in place and just one example of craziness was pushing things like steel production, etc. from countries that did their best to limit SOx and NOx emissions to countries without such restrictions, this polluted the earth at a far greater rate than previous. A case of NIMBY.

My complaint was at the headline and if any Green claims they can put an end to extinction, they're dreaming.

j

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Jaz

Curing
User ID
Preferential voting is bullshit and just a way for the libs to pull votes away from labor to the greens. People need to realise that preferential voting in marginal seats is the liberals best chance of weaselling their way in.

You can still participate in preferential voting and place Labor at the top followed by all the pro-labor parties and all the pro-Lib parties underneath with Libs right at the bottom.

That's why it's called preferential voting, you decide what your preferences are rather than just ticking 1 for Labor or following all their recommended preferences they list on their flyers.

;)

j

seeded

Vegetating
User ID
They are clearly talking about human induced extinctions. What is wrong with halting that?

Jaz, what a fucking idiotic comment. The universe will end one day. Does that mean we do nothing to improve our environment now?
If anyone were actually serious about reducing the harms induced by human existence they would mention two all important things. First is it's a numbers issue and that if we're going to be scientific about things we should target those doing the breeding to reduce the human population growth. Want to know why this is never done? It's all African and Middle Eastern nations shitting out kids with most western nations starting at around the 150 mark in birthrates per nation and we're only there because of those very same people immigrating to our nations. We'd be right at the end of the pack with the likes of Japan due to our birthrates rapidly decreasing and given that it's these first world races of humans who are the only ones doing the right thing it becomes inherently racist to say we need to target the breeders. If we're going to be super duper honest though that racism isn't even enough because let's say we target the breeders for sterilisation, guess what? They're alive for another 100 years and will live life on party mode which will massively shit the planet up. Let's be real here some of them still don't even have electricity and we're going to feel obligated to give them a good send off since we deprived them of a stake in the future through children and the Earth simply can't take that many people living a western lifestyle let alone one lived on party mode. This ultimately means that race based sterilisation isn't sufficient and that if you truly give a shit about the Earth and all it's lifeforms that you need to be prepared to call for the immediate extermination of all the races that still breed willy nilly. You can't blame a lack of education, access to contraception, etc. either, it's 2022, we're all equal, people have been going to Africa for over a century to educate them about birth control, etc. At some point you need to accept they're never going to change and being a numbers game they're a plague upon this Earth.

Second is that carbon dioxide is actually good for plants and greening the Earth. It's also been much higher in the past which helped create an abundance of life due to greater access to food at the lower end of the food chain and since we're being all scientific about things the true number one greenhouse gas of them all is water vapour and not by a small margin either. We declare war on co2 because it doesn't sound as stupid as declaring war on water but if you're serious about greenhouse gasses you should go where the numbers are just like we should our birth rates.

So let me ask you freddie, are you prepared to become a full blown racist that calls for the extermination of the breeders? How about declaring a war on water like greenies do about co2? If the answer is no just know you're as bad as everyone else sticking their heads in the sand hoping that technology will save the day when deep down we all know it's impossible because everyone needs food, clothing, shelter and this means we need to put out foot down and claim x amount of land and resources to keep them alive leaving less room for the rest of nature. Sure we can lower our impact through technology but the more we want to live in harmony with the rest of the Earth the lower our numbers need to be because that fundamental flaw of our existence taking up space and resources is impossible to get around. At some point you need to choose unlimited people, nature or a combination and before you try to go all high and mighty saying let's just exterminate all humans every single lifeform has a similar impact due to their existence, even trees compete for sunlight and root space. The world can have humans just the same as it does any other form of life, the real question is are you an environmentalist enough to only keep the races around that are doing the right thing by the planet or is the inherit racism involved so evil it makes it acceptable to watch the world slowly decay around us?

I'm going to wager you're still going to say technology will save us or exterminate everyone without offering your own life up first because 99.99999% of so called environmentalists are feels before reals greenies and will never talk about let alone do what we all know needs to be done to actually save the planet.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
You can still participate in preferential voting and place Labor at the top followed by all the pro-labor parties and all the pro-Lib parties underneath with Libs right at the bottom.

;)

j
Yes but that’s not what most people will do with preferential voting and how the parties (especially the minor ones like the greens and of course the libs/nats) represent preferential voting. I know a lot of people saying they’re putting greens 1 labor 2 to show they want action on climate etc without realising that if the greens receive enough votes they won’t be eliminated and the preferences allocated.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
If anyone were actually serious about reducing the harms induced by human existence they would mention two all important things. First is it's a numbers issue and that if we're going to be scientific about things we should target those doing the breeding to reduce the human population growth. Want to know why this is never done? It's all African and Middle Eastern nations shitting out kids with most western nations starting at around the 150 mark in birthrates per nation and we're only there because of those very same people immigrating to our nations. We'd be right at the end of the pack with the likes of Japan due to our birthrates rapidly decreasing and given that it's these first world races of humans who are the only ones doing the right thing it becomes inherently racist to say we need to target the breeders. If we're going to be super duper honest though that racism isn't even enough because let's say we target the breeders for sterilisation, guess what? They're alive for another 100 years and will live life on party mode which will massively shit the planet up. Let's be real here some of them still don't even have electricity and we're going to feel obligated to give them a good send off since we deprived them of a stake in the future through children and the Earth simply can't take that many people living a western lifestyle let alone one lived on party mode. This ultimately means that race based sterilisation isn't sufficient and that if you truly give a shit about the Earth and all it's lifeforms that you need to be prepared to call for the immediate extermination of all the races that still breed willy nilly. You can't blame a lack of education, access to contraception, etc. either, it's 2022, we're all equal, people have been going to Africa for over a century to educate them about birth control, etc. At some point you need to accept they're never going to change and being a numbers game they're a plague upon this Earth.

Second is that carbon dioxide is actually good for plants and greening the Earth. It's also been much higher in the past which helped create an abundance of life due to greater access to food at the lower end of the food chain and since we're being all scientific about things the true number one greenhouse gas of them all is water vapour and not by a small margin either. We declare war on co2 because it doesn't sound as stupid as declaring war on water but if you're serious about greenhouse gasses you should go where the numbers are just like we should our birth rates.

So let me ask you freddie, are you prepared to become a full blown racist that calls for the extermination of the breeders? How about declaring a war on water like greenies do about co2? If the answer is no just know you're as bad as everyone else sticking their heads in the sand hoping that technology will save the day when deep down we all know it's impossible because everyone needs food, clothing, shelter and this means we need to put out foot down and claim x amount of land and resources to keep them alive leaving less room for the rest of nature. Sure we can lower our impact through technology but the more we want to live in harmony with the rest of the Earth the lower our numbers need to be because that fundamental flaw of our existence taking up space and resources is impossible to get around. At some point you need to choose unlimited people, nature or a combination and before you try to go all high and mighty saying let's just exterminate all humans every single lifeform has a similar impact due to their existence, even trees compete for sunlight and root space. The world can have humans just the same as it does any other form of life, the real question is are you an environmentalist enough to only keep the races around that are doing the right thing by the planet or is the inherit racism involved so evil it makes it acceptable to watch the world slowly decay around us?

I'm going to wager you're still going to say technology will save us or exterminate everyone without offering your own life up first because 99.99999% of so called environmentalists are feels before reals greenies and will never talk about let alone do what we all know needs to be done to actually save the planet.
I would happily see Indians, Chinese and all arab countries wiped from the face of the earth tomorrow!! That would instantly half the Earth's population. America would be no great loss either!! Africa and South America can get fucked too!!

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
The problem with the greens is they are all about human rights which cannot coexist with the planet and a healthy environment!!

Jaz

Curing
User ID
It's all African and Middle Eastern nations shitting out kids with most western nations starting at around the 150 mark in birthrates per nation and we're only there because of those very same people immigrating to our nations.

They wouldn't be immigrating to our nations if not for the west bombing them back to the stone age or pillaging all their resources and turning these countries into shit holes. People don't leave their friends and families behind when all is going well for them in their own countries.

Education and prosperity is what keeps people from pumping out kids, they don't need to have 10 kids to ensure 1 of them survives poverty, poor medical conditions and war.

Look at how the British turned India, a wealthy, thriving nation into a shithole:

j

Last edited:

Indy

Misfit
User ID

I'm all for us and the human race to clean up their act, environmentally. But putting a target date so soon is fanciful, no matter who's in power and how good their intentions may be.

But Australia, and how we rely on the resource sector so much. I highly doubt that'd be achievable by 2050. We as a nation, need to develop new industries and fire up manufacturing (to some extent), and most importantly, do that while being competitive in the global market. That's going to take decades.

We'd probably be towards the bottom of the list when it comes to getting our shit together and changing our ways for a better environment, sorry to say.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
The problem with the greens is they are all about human rights which cannot coexist with the planet and a healthy environment!!
The greens don’t actually care about the environment. Otherwise they would have never have voted to block gillards emission trading scheme which would have made us world leaders in reducing carbon emissions around about now if Abbott had of kept his slimy hands off it.

I will say one thing, as bad as abbot was when he was pm at least he went home to his local Rfs and actually fought fires when the blue mountains where on fire and didn’t fuck off to Hawaii

Reactions: Jaz
F

freddie

The world is over populated, no argument there. Much of the problem is that what used to be third world countries like India and China now aspire to be advanced middle class first world countries. China has been incredibly successful with this. Billions of people becoming middle class consumers is the problem, 2 houses 3 cars, a boat. In other words, Capitalism and consumerism.

I absolutely hate racism. I have met enough people from most races and social situations to know that humans are basically similar. You get good people and fuckwits in all societies. That doesn't mean that I don't hate some government and social systems. I certainly do. We cant' dictate what other countries do, all we can do is fix our back yard and lead by example. What is certain is that if everybody thinks only of self/national interest nothing will change.

You do realise that increased Co2 has come from industrialisation, along with deforestation? It's not as simple as increased Co2, increased plant growth, if at the same time you are chopping down the Amazon. If increased plant growth was keeping up then we wouldnt have the increases.

Bottom line is that no, I don't think we should exterminate other humans so that we can maintain a largely meaningless life of middle class consumerism. Some technological changes will help. We don't need to use coal, oil, or gas, for power.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID

This has some great points. I think the greens can make a difference if they get the power of balance.

That headline above is just that. A headline. I do think they are making some unrealistic plans but then with their other polices I hope actually happens.

Free dental for one. My wife has needed to get her wisdom teeth out for years and we can’t afford it.
We rent and have not got a chance of buying a house anytime soon.

I also have a wasted hecs debt with no degree as I didn’t finish uni. I’m just under the income to start paying it back but if I did a few weeks of overtime it would probably put me over the bracket and then that’s less money a have to save for the above.

I won’t start on climate change but something certainly needs to happen there.

I do think we need to stop sending out coal overseas, but use it to produce the renewables that will transition us towards cleaner power. It’s hard though as it’s the other minerals that need to be mined as well so new mines of copper, nickel, lithium and whatever else solar panels are made from are needed. It’s a hard position but it would have been in a better position if libs weren’t fucking things up the last few years.

If they get in and their main polices can start rolling then hopefully the ones like cannabis can get thru not long after.

In regards to the voting system. Yeah it does suck as seats like mine will stay labor for ever. But if we get a hung parliament and greens and non lib biased independents can get in and make change in all for that.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
The world is over populated, no argument there. Much of the problem is that what used to be third world countries like India and China now aspire to be advanced middle class first world countries. China has been incredibly successful with this. Billions of people becoming middle class consumers is the problem, 2 houses 3 cars, a boat. In other words, Capitalism and consumerism.

I absolutely hate racism. I have met enough people from most races and social situations to know that humans are basically similar. You get good people and fuckwits in all societies. That doesn't mean that I don't hate some government and social systems. I certainly do. We cant' dictate what other countries do, all we can do is fix our back yard and lead by example. What is certain is that if everybody thinks only of self/national interest nothing will change.

You do realise that increased Co2 has come from industrialisation, along with deforestation? It's not as simple as increased Co2, increased plant growth, if at the same time you are chopping down the Amazon. If increased plant growth was keeping up then we wouldnt have the increases.

Bottom line is that no, I don't think we should exterminate other humans so that we can maintain a largely meaningless life of middle class consumerism. Some technological changes will help. We don't need to use coal, oil, or gas, for power.
It’s not just the increased co2 but methane too. Gas fracking produces shit tonnes of it with is so much worse

R3za92

Baked
User ID

This has some great points. I think the greens can make a difference if they get the power of balance.

That headline above is just that. A headline. I do think they are making some unrealistic plans but then with their other polices I hope actually happens.

Free dental for one. My wife has needed to get her wisdom teeth out for years and we can’t afford it.
We rent and have not got a chance of buying a house anytime soon.

I also have a wasted hecs debt with no degree as I didn’t finish uni. I’m just under the income to start paying it back but if I did a few weeks of overtime it would probably put me over the bracket and then that’s less money a have to save for the above.

I won’t start on climate change but something certainly needs to happen there.

I do think we need to stop sending out coal overseas, but use it to produce the renewables that will transition us towards cleaner power. It’s hard though as it’s the other minerals that need to be mined as well so new mines of copper, nickel, lithium and whatever else solar panels are made from are needed. It’s a hard position but it would have been in a better position if libs weren’t fucking things up the last few years.

If they get in and their main polices can start rolling then hopefully the ones like cannabis can get thru not long after.

In regards to the voting system. Yeah it does suck as seats like mine will stay labor for ever. But if we get a hung parliament and greens and non lib biased independents can get in and make change in all for that.
Hunter had a decent swing towards lib at last election. With Fitzgibbon gone I’d now class it as a marginal seat. The greens have no hope but will beat Palmer and Hanson so will steal votes away from labor. The seat of hunter and Paterson will be interesting to watch at this election

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Hunter had a decent swing towards lib at last election. With Fitzgibbon gone I’d now class it as a marginal seat. The greens have no hope but will beat Palmer and Hanson so will steal votes away from labor. The seat of hunter and Paterson will be interesting to watch at this election
Yeah and the boundary line have change too. Some parts aren’t hunter anymore.

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
If you got lied to by a business you would not go near them in the future ,,and you’d tell your friends to steer clear.
every election is full of lies ,,,but somehow people accept it and vote on false promises,,
got me fucked.

Top Bottom