Getting Started

GreenerPastures

Germinating
User ID
Hi guys,

New to growing and hoping for some guidance/ validation on my basic approach 🙂

I’m growing 6 plants (2x OG Kush, 2x AK-47, 2x Auto Blue Dream) outdoors in pots using live soil.

First 6-8 weeks (post germination) indoors under 2000W LED lights on 18/6 light schedule

At the 8 week mark, I’ll intro plants to 3 hours sun a day and then move back indoors for 15 hours LED light. I’ll do this for 2 weeks and then in October (I’m told is the best time to move outdoors in the southern hemisphere) move the plants out doors for 13 hours of sun per day (covered at night)

Any help would be amazing!

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Welcome to TSE mate. Sounds like your gunna have some absolute monsters if you follow that plan. Have you done the same over previous season? Id love to see the results.
IMG_20221001_202158.jpg
This is what I used to get planting straight outside at the start of October here in SEQLD after about two weeks in filtered light under a shade cloth. Would go into flower mid Jan with that strain. Any earlier and everything would be 8-10 foot tall plus.

Keen to follow along if you journal up. I do not have the ability to grow real plants anymore.

Last edited:

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Hi guys,

New to growing and hoping for some guidance/ validation on my basic approach 🙂

I’m growing 6 plants (2x OG Kush, 2x AK-47, 2x Auto Blue Dream) outdoors in pots using live soil.

First 6-8 weeks (post germination) indoors under 2000W LED lights on 18/6 light schedule

At the 8 week mark, I’ll intro plants to 3 hours sun a day and then move back indoors for 15 hours LED light. I’ll do this for 2 weeks and then in October (I’m told is the best time to move outdoors in the southern hemisphere) move the plants out doors for 13 hours of sun per day (covered at night)

Any help would be amazing!
If you take a plant from 15 hours indoors to 13 hours outside it will almost definitely start to flower.

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Harbouring an environment rich in predatory mites and ladybugs help. They ladybugs will eat thrips, mealybugs and aphids alongside powdery mildew if it ever forms and the predatory mites will take care of spider mites and various larvae.

Apart from that, vigilance. Preparation. Spray deterrents early. I use eco oil and Neem oil with a wee bit of rosemary oil and citronella as a deterrent.

Last edited:

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Natural predator webs can be hard to balance though as they will piss off if there is no local food source. They are a good management addition if you have a location with flourishing pest population, but won't do much to prevent pests that aren't there if you get my drift.

Squire

Curing
Community Member
User ID
From what little experience I have had I don't think outdoor and indoor mix well. I raised seedlings outdoor . Checked them over and they went into the tent . By the time flower arrived I had mealy bug and aphids all over . Lost half the patch.
Have only ever had fungus nats from coco in a tent.

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
it's the jump in hours that porky is pointing out that could most likely make the plant think it is time to go into flower but as the day lengths are still increasing in October the plant will revert back to growth stage , by the time you get to jan / feb the plant will again go back into flower , this is not what photo period plants expect to be happening , it is this back & forth which can & does cause stress , stressed plants are more susceptible to pest & pathogen attack

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
are we referring to the drop from 15 hours of LED light to 13 hrs sun?
basically yes , the drop of 2 hours less light hours per day could trigger the plant to start flowering , when outdoors it should be growing not flowering in october

Would the 2 weeks introducing the plants to 3 hrs a day reduce the stress?
you can acclimate the plant by using 3hrs of sunlight outdoors as long as the light hours in total between in & outdoor don't decrease

honest question , do you understand the way a photo period plant works when totally grown start to finish outdoors ?
it's ok if you don't we can all help explain it to you

Kneeko

Blooming
User ID
Are they all autos or just the Blue dreams..?
As autos may be near ready in 8 weeks...
Very different needs to a photoperiod plant..

If your new to growing I would keep it simple and consentrate on indoors and out but not mixing the 2...

There is way more to go wrong movi g plants outdoors if you havent learnt the hard way first..

Hoping your grow goes well and you get hooked...

lots of k owhow here so hopefully we can help...

Last edited:

GreenerPastures

Germinating
User ID
are we referring to the drop from 15 hours of LED light to 13 hrs sun?
basically yes , the drop of 2 hours less light hours per day could trigger the plant to start flowering , when outdoors it should be growing not flowering in october

Would the 2 weeks introducing the plants to 3 hrs a day reduce the stress?
you can acclimate the plant by using 3hrs of sunlight outdoors as long as the light hours in total between in & outdoor don't decrease

honest question , do you understand the way a photo period plant works when totally grown start to finish outdoors ?
it's ok if you don't we can all help explain it to you
@itchybro would love an explanation mate, I want to get it right from the beginning ☺️

GreenerPastures

Germinating
User ID
Are they all autos or just the Blue dreams..?
As autos may be near ready in 8 weeks...
Very different needs to a photoperiod plant..

If your new to growing I would keep it simple and consentrate on indoors and out but not mixing the 2...

There is way more to go wrong movi g plants outdoors if you havent learnt the hard way first..

Hoping your grow goes well and you get hooked...

lots of k owhow here so hopefully we can help...
This makes total sense. Perhaps I just keep the plants under light and gradually decrease the hours until their are ready to be moved outside permanently and then they should be ready for the day/ night cycle. I’m already hooked mate! Just love learning about it!

Top Bottom