Exploring doses in edibles

Squire

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Help I have mad a few batches of oil and all worked well. I made a new batch of CBD . Did the decarb and blended the oil . The oil came out a dark green and Stinks so much like the raw weed. I had a mil down the throat and it burnt the fuck out of my throat. Rank
May be CBD needs a higher temp to decarb ? Any help would be great. thanks

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Help I have mad a few batches of oil and all worked well. I made a new batch of CBD . Did the decarb and blended the oil . The oil came out a dark green and Stinks so much like the raw weed. I had a mil down the throat and it burnt the fuck out of my throat. Rank
R.S.O ?
Sounds like a filter problem or clorophyll still in mixture
I actually leave filtered iso out in sun 4 coupla hrs and it turns red
Doesn't seem 2 be any diff in temp when using CBD

Goonie Goat

Baked
User ID
I've had that happen too when trying infused olive oil. Burns the throat hard...
Don't think there's much you can do about it. I remember I put a few tablespoons of the oil into a hot chocolate, and surprisingly the weediness paired very well with the chocolate, comparable to salted caramel.

Rabbitlicker

Germinating
User ID
R.S.O ?
Sounds like a filter problem or clorophyll still in mixture
I actually leave filtered iso out in sun 4 coupla hrs and it turns red
Doesn't seem 2 be any diff in temp when using CBD
I'm in the same camp as you, here. Decarb. is decarb. is decarb.

If there's a problem, it's probably come from somewhere else in the processing.

@Squire How did you do the batch? What did you start with & how did you do it?

SAW

Curing
Community Member
User ID
What are you doing Squire? Are you just decarbing then blending into an oil? What type of oil?
Usually this type of prep if I understand is not made as a culinary treat, so putting your ml on a chunk of bread and washing it down will avoid the burn?
A quick Google search said higher temp on one site, 12 C more then Thc, but others just treated like Thc.
A simple way we did as teens was heat a small bud on a dry frying pan, a dose size, letting it lightly wispy smoke occasionally, then on to a spoon of honey then down the hatch. We’d get quite stoned.

Squire

Curing
Community Member
User ID
I have a machine that does it all . Chop up weed add decarb standard setting 120c for 1.5 hrs then add oil MCT so it doesn't set in fridge and sunflower lecithin . Blend then strain . Might need a finer strain .
Thanks to all who replied great support as always:)

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
What are you doing Squire? Are you just decarbing then blending into an oil? What type of oil?
Usually this type of prep if I understand is not made as a culinary treat, so putting your ml on a chunk of bread and washing it down will avoid the burn?
A quick Google search said higher temp on one site, 12 C more then Thc, but others just treated like Thc.
A simple way we did as teens was heat a small bud on a dry frying pan, a dose size, letting it lightly wispy smoke occasionally, then on to a spoon of honey then down the hatch. We’d get quite stoned.
i get a spoon of decarbed weed and mix with a spoon of peanut butter and eat it. wash down with coffee. adios amigos.

Dr.Clones

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
2 cookies have wrecked me and I smoke a lot of green bongs if I was a none smoker I’d be close to be having a psychotic episode I’ve seen it before 😂 free cookies if any one is game to try and I’ve decarbed before but never seen any difference in quality I think it’s a waste of time imo I just had this simmering not boiling but close to it for 6 hours 4L ice cream container full of trim
IMG_7815.jpegIMG_8043.jpeg

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
2 cookies have wrecked me and I smoke a lot of green bongs if I was a none smoker I’d be close to be having a psychotic episode I’ve seen it before 😂 free cookies if any one is game to try and I’ve decarbed before but never seen any difference in quality I think it’s a waste of time imo I just had this simmering not boiling but close to it for 6 hours 4L ice cream container full of trim
View attachment 52997View attachment 52998
Edibles hit some people much harder than smoking cannabis. Edibles, or other forms of ingested cannabis like oil or hash, sit me on my arse for hours on end. Much longer and stronger effects from ingestion than from smoking. Thank fuck for ingestible forms of cannabis 👍

Dr.Clones

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
Edibles hit some people much harder than smoking cannabis. Edibles, or other forms of ingested cannabis like oil or hash, sit me on my arse for hours on end. Much longer and stronger effects from ingestion than from smoking. Thank fuck for ingestible forms of cannabis 👍
Your totally right once when i was a non-smoker for a few years I decided to do exactly this same prosses, but I used 7 grams instead of trim had one cookie and one hour later i was fucked all time was distorted i felt like i was retarted and it was never going to end lol it was an intense experience just like last night i still fell a little groggy from it

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
eating THC gets converted in your liver to 11 hydroxy THC , it's said to be 4 to 10 times stronger than smoking THC
the amount you smoke or your smoking tolerance makes no or very little difference to edible tolerance , although you can build an edible tolerance just like you can with smoking but you would only need to stop edibles for a very short time , possibly 7 days to bring that tolerance back to where you started , smoking tolerance generally takes much much longer to decrease

SAW

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Sure is @itchybro and potential of hangover is higher. Starting low dose edibles works for me, it’s very easy to up the dose. I’ve started combining vaping and gummies. Fun learning curve. Lungs feel better.

med180

Baked
Community Member
User ID
court enforced break 😞what’s that Government, trying to tell you can’t use pot?
I was swabbed driving, showing traces of thc. I had scripts at the time, while the media says in tassie your fine unless impaired, it then moved on to having a tga approved device, which I have, then the issue was having a Tasmanian based doctor which I also have, then their problem was having the script filled at an interstate pharmacy and not in person at a local pharmacy... court again next month after 14 months of court this time with 3 different doctors letters and new Tasmanian scripts... stay tuned 😂

Dr.Clones

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
I was swabbed driving, showing traces of thc. I had scripts at the time, while the media says in tassie your fine unless impaired, it then moved on to having a tga approved device, which I have, then the issue was having a Tasmanian based doctor which I also have, then their problem was having the script filled at an interstate pharmacy and not in person at a local pharmacy... court again next month after 14 months of court this time with 3 different doctors letters and new Tasmanian scripts... stay tuned 😂
That’s fucked stupid government sorry bro
Cookies last 3 months sealed if you wanna want lol

Dr.Clones

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
one of my mates said edibles don’t work on him he had 2 cookies at 9pm last night he’s still stoned now lol 😂 IMG_8068.jpeg

Top Bottom