consumer trimming machines

benn0

Baked
User ID
Does anyone have any experience with such machines? I'm thinking of investing in one of these from spider farmer
any and all input is appreciated!

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

snapper

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Does anyone have any experience with such machines? I'm thinking of investing in one of these from spider farmer

One positive note is that there is no power involved so no Fire Risk 🔥🔥🔥

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Saw these a while back, looking at the videos of them in action look okay? But not sure how they 'protect trichomes' when you are pretty much slapping them off. Judging by the reviews they work well but it's for dry trimming only

1712288641082.png

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID
So no one has any experience with other such devices?
I have one but 10 times the size and sounds like a v8 🤣 we only use it on larger harvests and very solid buds as it's efficiency varys strain to strain. Most strains need a decent trim again later anyway to get a better job done. I personally wouldn't bother.

benn0

Baked
User ID
I have one but 10 times the size and sounds like a v8 🤣 we only use it on larger harvests and very solid buds as it's efficiency varys strain to strain. Most strains need a decent trim again later anyway to get a better job done. I personally wouldn't bother.
what kind of big banger do you have?

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Yeah I had one worked well knocked a few trichs off but saved a fuckload of time. Works better when dry as opposed to wet done about 5 pounds with it and the gearbox shat itself so I upgrades to one of these but it wasn't as good the blades are to far from the screen. So I made the spider screen fit into it now its goodScreenshot_20240406_002549_eBay.jpg

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Thought I do a little demo of my bud trimmer at work. It was a bit awkward using it one handed and filming but you get the gist of it. This is a vevo one it didn't work as well as the spider farmer model the screen although looked awsome the blade underneath was to far away. I still had the old spider so I retroed the screen and blade into this. This is a better design over all with the hopper on the side to kick the buds out when you open but the spider does a better job. Does knock some tric's off but saves a fuckload of time, I love it ( well now after i
View attachment 20240410_205146.mp4
redesigned it)

benn0

Baked
User ID
Thought I do a little demo of my bud trimmer at work. It was a bit awkward using it one handed and filming but you get the gist of it. This is a vevo one it didn't work as well as the spider farmer model the screen although looked awsome the blade underneath was to far away. I still had the old spider so I retroed the screen and blade into this. This is a better design over all with the hopper on the side to kick the buds out when you open but the spider does a better job. Does knock some tric's off but saves a fuckload of time, I love it ( well now after i
View attachment 46868
redesigned it)
cheers for that vid mate, even though you said it knocks some trichs off there still looks like there is plenty left on the finished bud and the finished bud looks great!

Hudo

Baked
User ID
cheers for that vid mate, even though you said it knocks some trichs off there still looks like there is plenty left on the finished bud and the finished bud looks great!
To be honest if you didn't see them all over the bowl you wouldn't notice. And the tric's you do see all over the bowl make you panic at first, but ive hand trimmed a nug off same plant to compare and can't notice the difference. After about 7 or so pounds through I've come to the conclusion that 95% of the trics you see in the bowl knocked off are from the sugar leaves, because of the little gearbox the blade underneath is moving about 4 times faster in the opposite direction than the rubber fingers that move the bud, so when the sugar leaves are hitting the blade underneath they pretty much shatter and send the tric's flying and that's the tric's you see there not really comming off the bud. The leaves need to be crispy for best results

veritas629

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
I've considered one of these bowl trimmers, but losing trichs has stopped me. The question for me is, can the loose trichs in the bowl be easily collected? If they can be collected without much loss and made into hash or simply sprinkled onto buds/joints, then I'd be interested.

Dubbski

Germinating
User ID
The drum style opposed to the bowl from what I've read seems to work a bit better and the Vevor brand mentioned in the above post, they come with different grates for wet or dry trimming.

As far as loosing tricks, it's inevitable but you're not throwing your trim out are you?
It's a bit extra in the bubble bags so it'll "all come out in the wash" so to speak.

Last edited:

benn0

Baked
User ID
The drum style opposed to the bowl from what I've read seems to work a bit better and the Vevor brand mentioned in the above post, they come with different grates for wet or dry trimming.

As far as loosing tricks, it's inevitable but you're not throwing your trim out are you?
It's a bit extra in the bubble bags so it'll "all come out in the wash" so to speak.
nothing goes to waste here Dubbski!

Hudo

Baked
User ID
I've considered one of these bowl trimmers, but losing trichs has stopped me. The question for me is, can the loose trichs in the bowl be easily collected? If they can be collected without much loss and made into hash or simply sprinkled onto buds/joints, then I'd be interested.
They land in the big stainless steel bowl with the trim. I either bubble hash it tincture. Or gummies etc . But like I said I'm pretty sure most of them are co.ming off the leaf

Top Bottom