Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

R3za92

Baked
User ID

HappyG

Germinating
User ID
That viparspectra light is a hunk of shit and waste of money. Stay away from anything with mostly blue and red visible light unless your lighting up a dance floor for your next disco party
Yeah right, so I have heard, although it has done the trick with a couple of plants for the last few years and plays the Bee Gees well hahah. Can you suggest anything to go with/replace it? Cheers mate.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Thanks mate, I have, seems like it's out of my price range though and I wouldn't want to low ball the guy. Thanks for the suggestion though!
Like said above mate that light your looking at is a piece of shit and a waste of your money. The one HLG would be a better option than 2 of them.
Those Amazon lights are all a waste of money.
Maybe look at Mars if the HLG is to expensive.

Ganja Kaiser

Baked
User ID
G'day chaps,

Looking for recommendations for another LED light to go with this guy https://www.amazon.com.au/VIPARSPECTRA-Dimmable-PAR450-450W-Light/dp/B07BDDLP9B in one of these guys https://www.mars-hydro.com/grow-tents/120x90x180cm-1680d-grow-tent

Thanks Legends
I've got a HLG Diablo 350 r you can have for $500 including delivery. Used for 1 grow. Had 3. Great lights. My grow diary will give you an indication of the quality of outputs. Purchased for well over $900.

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
@Ganja Kaiser is selling a HLG diablo on another thread. Have a look at that!!
I've got a HLG Diablo 350 r you can have for $500 including delivery. Used for 1 grow. Had 3. Great lights. My grow diary will give you an indication of the quality of outputs. Purchased for well over $900.
Get onto this HappyG, fuk mars n Spider farmer shite!

Last edited:

HappyG

Germinating
User ID
Like said above mate that light your looking at is a piece of shit and a waste of your money. The one HLG would be a better option than 2 of them.
Nah not looking at it, I've owned it for must be coming up 5 years. For someone who is only growing a little for himself it's done the job and it didn't cost the world so I don't regret the choice. Really I was just looking for advice for another cheap & comparable light that could go with it to help with coverage in my small tent but you've given me some food for thought, maybe it is time to stop playing with toys and step it up hahaha. Thanks brother.

HappyG

Germinating
User ID
Thanks for the offer mate, I'll have a think about it and get back to you ASAP but don't hold it for me if you can sell it. Cheers!

R3za92

Baked
User ID
2? I recon more like 4 atleast.

Last edited:

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Yeah right, so I have heard, although it has done the trick with a couple of plants for the last few years and plays the Bee Gees well hahah. Can you suggest anything to go with/replace it? Cheers mate.
If you want cheap go hps. A 400w will use about the same and way outperform the viper.

If you want to go leds spend the money on quality imo. Hlg, growlights australia are both worth looking at.

The cheap China shit is hit and miss but works. Stick to boards/strips using smd’s with mostly white light and maybe some far red. Spider farm go alright but again your getting low binned diodes, lower quality copper in the traces and a few other cost cutting measures for the price.

thefullspectrum

Curing
Community Member
User ID
That's why you didn't sell it , to dear for used second hand light

You can buy the kit and do it yourself for that and have a new light

Sorry just my opinion
Where are you buying 2 Diablo quantum boards, (not your std r/b spec) 900mm heatsink, (not the smaller slate 2) inventronics/meanwell driver, plugs, cables, dimmer, hanging kit etc for $500 delivered.

The things barely run in after 1 grow. QBL are selling used ones for $750. $500 is a bargain

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Where are you buying 2 Diablo quantum boards, (not your std r/b spec) 900mm heatsink, (not the smaller slate 2) inventronics/meanwell driver, plugs, cables, dimmer, hanging kit etc for $500 delivered.

The things barely run in after 1 grow. QBL are selling used ones for $750. $500 is a bargain
Not 2 boards at all only 1 , am I'm sure they still give a warranty on the used products as well as been checked for faults

I got mine from them as a kit and put it together myself for a lot less than 950
You can buy it separately for a lot cheaper again

There's no guarantee the light will work and if it does and then fucks up after a week , month or 6 months there's no come back to the OP, I'm not being mean just realistic

The only reason you pay the extra money is for the Warranty if it fucks up

So realistically the price should be much lower as OP has no obligation once he's sent the light , as well as all the other overheads built into their price

Unfortunately for the OP he has a second hand light for which the parts cost around $500 and is selling them second hand , to me it's a no brainer

They charged him over $200 to put it together, it took me 5 mins to put mine together , so why should I pay for that on a second hand light

Again my opinion

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
Nah not looking at it, I've owned it for must be coming up 5 years, so I don't regret the choice.
You will after ya get the HLG 😀Your gonna be kickin yaself you didn't get the HLG 5yrs ago, after ya see what ya been missin out on 😃
maybe it is time to stop playing with toys and step it up hahaha. Thanks brother.
Agree...

Ganja Kaiser

Baked
User ID
I GUARANTEE the light works and QBL are honouring warranty - comes with receipt as well. It's done one grow. I'm not asking too much. I'm not selling it for any less than my asking price. You don't want to pay it, fine, don't. But I'll take a fucking hammer to it before I let some cunt try and pay peanuts by taking advantage of my situation. $500 delivered, take it or leave it. No I don't care if you reply 'leave it'. Fuck I feel unhinged.

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Mate, you approached me , I told you what I'd pay for and you have the reasons why and told my offer would stand , yet you pm me with same price weeks later , why when I already told you what I'd pay ?

For the record I offered 300 + freight , to me that's what it's worth

If your price was so great why do you still have it ?

Regardless what guarantee you give , don't mean shit , you'll be gone

Take a hammer to it , who cares

Top Bottom