Tent recommendations

Thepie

Germinating
Community Member
User ID
Hi all ,on the lookout for a new seedling tent , been using a borrowed one off a mate , but his needs means my loss , with so many on the market, with a massive price difference, just wondering if there was any recommendations or ones to stay away from? Any good advice would be greatly appreciated
Cheers

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
Stay away from Greenfingers. Spiderfarmer tents have been pretty good in my experience. Would probably buy again.

I've been reading some bad feedback regarding Gorilla recently, apparently QA has dropped and they aren't being good with customer service.

I did see these Pro Grow tents which are a local option. But unsure if they are decent quality. Features and price looked good

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Hi all ,on the lookout for a new seedling tent , been using a borrowed one off a mate , but his needs means my loss , with so many on the market, with a massive price difference, just wondering if there was any recommendations or ones to stay away from? Any good advice would be greatly appreciated
Cheers
For seedlings I'm using a 60x60x120 eBay tent which I purchased for $58.
Haven't had any issues with it but there's a few pinholes in the door which might annoy some people. Personally I don't see the point of buying an expensive brand tent for seedlings.

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID
While spiderfarmer has quality control issues with their electrics, I've had no issues with their tents, definitely some of the better ones I've owned for the money

Thepie

Germinating
Community Member
User ID
There’s such a difference in price !! From 58$ upto 200$ plus for a seedling tent , is the quantity that much difference I wonder, or do you just pay for the name ?

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
There’s such a difference in price !! From 58$ upto 200$ plus for a seedling tent , is the quantity that much difference I wonder, or do you just pay for the name ?
The quality is better, more thicker than the cheap brands. My green fingers is quite thin compared to the mars hydro 4x2 and there's no pinholes in the mars hydro either which is the same as spiderfarmer/viparspectra tents.. the zippers are better too on the mars / spiderfarmer and the more expensive brands

Pinholes aren't much of a worry for seedlings though. My seedlings setup is basically the tent, a heat mat which was around $20, a dimmable led grow light (20w upto 100w) again from ebay $39, a 4 inch vivosun 12 watt duct booster fan (no need for expensive inline or axial fans in such a small tent) and a clear storage container for the extra humidity for seedlings until they have their true leaves

Last edited:

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
Yeah for seedlings/veg you don't need anything too high spec. I've got a Greenfingers tent for that and it does the job - but would not be suitable for photoperiod flowering at all

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
I have a 70x70 Spiderfarmer tent and pretty happy with it ,,only use it for seeds and clones so not used all the time but for the price it is good,,shits all over the seahawk tent I used to use.
image.jpg

Has clones in it at the moment.
Little 100w led does the job just fine ,,
Oh yeah it’s a dreaded Spiderfarmer light too, lol.

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Yeah for seedlings/veg you don't need anything too high spec. I've got a Greenfingers tent for that and it does the job - but would not be suitable for photoperiod flowering at all
For what's its worth I've been flowering photos in greenfingers tents for years with zero issues. The amount of photons let through a pinhole is completely negligible imo.

Too add to that I always have all the flaps open, even in a well lit room, however I am crazy.

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
For what's its worth I've been flowering photos in greenfingers tents for years with zero issues. The amount of photons let through a pinhole is completely negligible imo.

Too add to that I always have all the flaps open, even in a well lit room, however I am crazy.

I did recently watch something with Dr Bugbee talking about dark requirement and how many photons was an issue for Cannabis. While it is very sensitive, it does sound like you have a fair bit of wiggle room compared to what people (me included) usually think. They say, if you can't read a book, then you're fine - so that's a fair bit of light, and beyond what a few pinholes would allow.

So yeah, the Greenfingers tent would be OK - but for a few scheckles more you can get something a bit better (better/more vents/holes). I cheaped out on my veg tent with one and it's fine for sure - but I wouldn't buy one again

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I did recently watch something with Dr Bugbee talking about dark requirement and how many photons was an issue for Cannabis. While it is very sensitive, it does sound like you have a fair bit of wiggle room compared to what people (me included) usually think. They say, if you can't read a book, then you're fine - so that's a fair bit of light, and beyond what a few pinholes would allow.

So yeah, the Greenfingers tent would be OK - but for a few scheckles more you can get something a bit better (better/more vents/holes). I cheaped out on my veg tent with one and it's fine for sure - but I wouldn't buy one again
I hadn't heard of the book reading method before and you are right....that's far more than I'd expect them to be able to handle as a leak. I've tried seahawk and hydro experts tents as well but I didn't really notice a step up in quality compared to the greenfingers or glasshaus, and if anything the seahawk ripped at the zipper within a few weeks which was a shame for the price. I should mention that my Greenfingers tents are the1680D models. The 600D ones are terrible. And at the end of the day I have never ran a quality tent so I cant really compare.

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
I hadn't heard of the book reading method before and you are right....that's far more than I'd expect them to be able to handle as a leak. I've tried seahawk and hydro experts tents as well but I didn't really notice a step up in quality compared to the greenfingers or glasshaus, and if anything the seahawk ripped at the zipper within a few weeks which was a shame for the price. I should mention that my Greenfingers tents are the1680D models. The 600D ones are terrible. And at the end of the day I have never ran a quality tent so I cant really compare.
This is the video for reference:

Ah maybe the difference in the canvas is the issue. The zip on it isn't fantastic but not terrible. I do have a smaller Greenfingers tent I bought ages ago for a 3D printer enclosure - the zips on that are rubbish. The 70x70x160 tent the zippers are much better.

For reference my experience is limited to a Growlush tent from 15 years ago (gonna give it another go in a few weeks), a couple of Mars Hydro, a couple of Spiderfarmer and a couple of Greenfingers.

I kind of like the idea of getting a 1.2*2.4 instead of using two 1.2*1.2s... But don't want to burn the dosh.

Thepie

Germinating
Community Member
User ID
Would this be any good for , seedlings/clones ? It’s a bit on the cheap side ?

Attachments

• IMG_4529.png
    IMG_4529.png
    570.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4528.png
    IMG_4528.png
    451 KB · Views: 8

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Would this be any good for , seedlings/clones ? It’s a bit on the cheap side ?
Funnily enough I saw that light last night, has a dimmer which is good, for seedlings you want a light with a good amount of blue (a mix of 3000k and 5000k would be ideal), more red = more stretch

Just looked through the specs, mix of 3000k and 6500k with a few 660nm deep reds. Looks pretty good to me, driver isn't listed though so it's probably a cheap one but should be decent enough though

Top Bottom