pH

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
Some water companies give you reports on general area, I know mine does allows me to see they still use chlorine in my area thankfully. Might want to check through your suppliers website

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
Spot on info Itchy. I'll add to the pH in soil conversation. It totally matters, however getting pH right in soil is about cation / anion balance, the pH should sit around 6.3 to 7. (Coco, hydro etc of course is different and should be lower). Forget trying to test runoff or anything like that, it won't give you any reliable or useful information. Laboratories use a 1:5 or 1:4 (depending on lab) to water extraction to get a reliable soil pH reading. A cheap Bunnings probe or even an expensive Bluelab meter just isn't going to give you any useful data to make an informed decision. Testing runoff of a nutrient dense "modified soil media" like my living soil will be all over the place. Fun and interesting maybe to look at, but useless data.
I've heard a simple compost extract or good humic acid can neutralise chloramines.
Try using humic acid via quality compost or just a good humic acid when you water.
(y)(y)(y)(y)

yeah sorry bout that
i shouldn't have made it sound like PH doesn't matter at all

Ganja Kaiser

Baked
User ID
Hey, lots of municipal water supplies in Australia are now unfortunately treated with Chloramine... can't evapourate
Some water companies give you reports on general area, I know mine does allows me to see they still use chlorine in my area thankfully. Might want to check through your suppliers website

Looks like the water at Parliament House doesn't have Chloramine in it...

and...

Top Bottom