NOSEY Neighbours

Sandy

Germinating
User ID
Hi everyone,
I've got shit nosey neighbours.
I'm very keen to grow 3 plants outdoors regardless, and take the risk. Realistically, what sort of fine am I looking at in NSW for 3 plants? Never grown before. No criminal history, etc.
Peace out.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Goonie Goat

Baked
User ID
Hi everyone,
I've got shit nosey neighbours.
I'm very keen to grow 3 plants outdoors regardless, and take the risk. Realistically, what sort of fine am I looking at in NSW for 3 plants? Never grown before. No criminal history, etc.
Peace out.
You cant just assume the worst of scenarios if you're planning on growing. It's great that you are cautious but try not to let paranoia get the better of you, growing should be enjoyable to an extent, not a spiralling nightmare..
Nobody can tell how much trouble you'd be in as that's upto the senior constable, at the least they'd just pull your plants and give you a warning..

If you think the neighbours will dob you in then it might be best to just setup a tent indoors. If it has to be outdoors then you could probably get away with making a little shelter with shade cloth to make it harder for them to see through and companion plant some flowers and other herbs.. lavender, alyssum, jasmine, curry etc, the smell of different flowers should mask the weed well enough..

FreoJJ

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
Get yourself a little greenhouse online for about $150 delivered from crazy sales or one of them mobs . Mine works a treat pull off the plastic cover and re cover with 50% green shade cloth mine will be in its 3rd year this season. Best investment I’ve made

FreoJJ

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
Get yourself a little greenhouse online for about $150 delivered from crazy sales or one of them mobs . Mine works a treat pull off the plastic cover and re cover with 50% green shade cloth mine will be in its 3rd year this season. Best investment I’ve made
You want the 30% shade cloth my bad and mine fits a wooden pallet in there nice to keep the pots off my black pavers as they get very hot in summer . Just recently gave mine a good clean .

Attachments

• IMG_5681.jpeg
    IMG_5681.jpeg
    757.8 KB · Views: 21

Sandy

Germinating
User ID
You cant just assume the worst of scenarios if you're planning on growing. It's great that you are cautious but try not to let paranoia get the better of you, growing should be enjoyable to an extent, not a spiralling nightmare..
Nobody can tell how much trouble you'd be in as that's upto the senior constable, at the least they'd just pull your plants and give you a warning..

If you think the neighbours will dob you in then it might be best to just setup a tent indoors. If it has to be outdoors then you could probably get away with making a little shelter with shade cloth to make it harder for them to see through and companion plant some flowers and other herbs.. lavender, alyssum, jasmine, curry etc, the smell of different flowers should mask the weed well enough..
Thanks for the input. I appreciate it.

Sandy

Germinating
User ID
Great idea. Cheers 🙂

Sandy

Germinating
User ID
You want the 30% shade cloth my bad and mine fits a wooden pallet in there nice to keep the pots off my black pavers as they get very hot in summer . Just recently gave mine a good clean .
Yeah and that's a good idea about not putting the pots directly on the pavers / concrete. I'll do that 👍

Sandy

Germinating
User ID
As others have said, by growing a lot of vegetables and flowers your couple of plants will get lost amongst the many and will be much harder to spot
Normally I'd do this, but yesterday I sprung the neighbour up on my side fence, scoping the backyard out. 🙄

HGO

Plant of the Month - Sep,2020.
Community Member
User ID
is there any reason for them to suspect you of growing pot? what sort of people are they? old couple or young crew?
younger crew maybe scoping the yard for weed or things to steal .
Older people may be as you say nosey and suspecting of you.
I would straight up ask them what the fuck they are doing purposely looking into your backyard and if they would like it if you did the same to them .

Sun Ra

Baked
Community Member
User ID
As others have said, by growing a lot of vegetables and flowers your couple of plants will get lost amongst the many and will be much harder to spot
Had a friend with deep garden bed on a 6' timber fence line [neighbour's shed on other side of the fence] and he grew a couple of rows of corn and sunflowers in the front and his weed plants behind them, keeping them on the smaller side. Worked quite well - you couldn't spot them from a distance.

Also screening them off which may have been suggested previously can work well too. Good luck anyhow.

Sandy

Germinating
User ID
is there any reason for them to suspect you of growing pot? what sort of people are they? old couple or young crew?
younger crew maybe scoping the yard for weed or things to steal .
Older people may be as you say nosey and suspecting of you.
I would straight up ask them what the fuck they are doing purposely looking into your backyard and if they would like it if you did the same to them .
Very true. They're an old couple. They are pissed at me because I put a lattice fence extension on our side fence for "privacy". Sick of seeing them looking into my yard. Yesterday I woke to see the guy high up on the side fence, looking around the main part of my yard. I went straight over to confront him about it. I eventually got it out of him that he was wondering why I put the screen up, and was it because I wanted to grow weed. I've grown it in the past, which he knew about, but since then he has got rid of a whole lot of vegetation (on his side) that obscured my weed. Since then, I see him and his wife regularly looking into my private yard. I'm over them looking into my yard, hence putting up the privacy screen (which by the way in Inside my property - not on the fence itself).

Sandy

Germinating
User ID
Had a friend with deep garden bed on a 6' timber fence line [neighbour's shed on other side of the fence] and he grew a couple of rows of corn and sunflowers in the front and his weed plants behind them, keeping them on the smaller side. Worked quite well - you couldn't spot them from a distance.

Also screening them off which may have been suggested previously can work well too. Good luck anyhow.
Thanks for that. Yes I will have to keep them compact on the other side of the house, obscured from the nosey neighbours.

Top Bottom