New digs. New possibilities.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Living soil pots on dolleys with Blumats. Hands off, no feeding, no reservoir if done off mains tap.
Yeah if I had that space I would be doing this.
The big 3x3’ living soil beds, on a pallet dolly.
And not just cannabis. If you only wanted a few plants then grow other stuff in that room too.
Strawberries, carrots, etc. things that you eat and it’s the wrong season outside.

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
Yeah if I had that space I would be doing this.
The big 3x3’ living soil beds, on a pallet dolly.
And not just cannabis. If you only wanted a few plants then grow other stuff in that room too.
Strawberries, carrots, etc. things that you eat and it’s the wrong season outside.
Would you not run a risk of pests if put veges with weed ?

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Would you not run a risk of pests if put veges with weed ?
Yes and no

If you start building up a companion crop with herbs that deter pests it can help.

Just putting strawberries next to weed (especially if you bought seedlings from Bunnings and don’t wash them and repot them) will just attract mites and crap. But if you also incorporate dill, coriander etc to deter them it can work well.
Things like chamomile is said to actually help the terpenes of weed so planting some of that around can benefit.

If you were to go the whole living soil option then maximise it with other plants that can help.

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
Yes and no

If you start building up a companion crop with herbs that deter pests it can help.

Just putting strawberries next to weed (especially if you bought seedlings from Bunnings and don’t wash them and repot them) will just attract mites and crap. But if you also incorporate dill, coriander etc to deter them it can work well.
Things like chamomile is said to actually help the terrines of weed so planting some of that around can benefit.

If you were to go the whole living soil option then maximise it with other plants that can help.
Thanks man that makes sense
Cheers for the info bro👍

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
If you go the living soil route, the goal is to recreate nature with organisms that prevent pests and pathogens. We use beneficial fungi and bacteria to crowd out the bad ones, nematodes and beneficial bugs to eat the pests.
Too many big words 😁

I struggled with living soil bro,just can't get the hang of it for some reason.

Coir and perlite is a lot easier for me indoors
just EC feeding is so much easier for me.

Not much of a challenge in hydro I know....

Top Bottom