New digs. New possibilities.

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Moved into a new house.
There’s all sorts of great outdoor spots for spring but meantime there’s also this odd room.
It’s attached/ in the garage
Big room (about 3x4m and 8 foot ceiling.
Has an exhaust fan in the ceiling
White walls, ceiling and door.

I can take the bunk bed out.
Remove the carpet.

As I’m not an indoor grower.
Wondering if this seems like it could work.

What else I’d need.

Fans.
Lights.

I don’t care about smell.

If this was you. What would you get ?

I don’t want to muck around with elaborate hydro setup. Something simple that an older stuck in his ways outdoor kinda guy who is useless at anything “handy”.

Many thanks.

Ps. Sorry been quiet. Busy moving. Hate it.

IMG_2873.jpeg
IMG_2871.jpeg
IMG_2872.jpegIMG_2874.jpeg

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Goonie Goat

Curing
User ID
Moved into a new house.
There’s all sorts of great outdoor spots for spring but meantime there’s also this odd room.
It’s attached/ in the garage
Big room (about 3x4m and 8 foot ceiling.
Has an exhaust fan in the ceiling
White walls, ceiling and door.

I can take the bunk bed out.
Remove the carpet.

As I’m not an indoor grower.
Wondering if this seems like it could work.

What else I’d need.

Fans.
Lights.

I don’t care about smell.

If this was you. What would you get ?

I don’t want to muck around with elaborate hydro setup. Something simple that an older stuck in his ways outdoor kinda guy who is useless at anything “handy”.

Many thanks.

Ps. Sorry been quiet. Busy moving. Hate it.

View attachment 49528
View attachment 49529
View attachment 49530View attachment 49531
I'd cut the legs shorter on the bunk bed, throw on some flood/drain trays/tables and and setup recirculating dripper halos 🤣..

2 x 600w LED lights should cover the bed and an inline fan/ducting running out of the existing exhaust fan 👍🏻

Last edited:

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I'd cut the legs shorter on the bunk bed, throw some flood tables and containers and do a recirculating dripper setup 🤣..
2 x 600w LED lights and an inline fan/ ducting running out of the existing exhaust fan 👍🏻
Won’t be doing whatever the hell that is.
But thanks re lights and inline fan.

Could I do something similar but on the grill thing in the bottom of the door ? Air in low and out high?
Unless it’s harder and no advantage

Goonie Goat

Curing
User ID
Won’t be doing whatever the hell that is.
But thanks re lights and inline fan.

Could I do something similar but on the grill thing in the bottom of the door ? Air in low and out high?
Unless it’s harder and no advantage
You might be able to just get away with the ceiling exhaust depending how many plants you plan on growing, so many factors you gotta take in like the humidity and the temps once you get the lights running. Looks like it will be an awesome little grow room whichever way you go about the setup 🙂

User ID
That ceiling exhaust fan would likely not be ducted anywhere so will fill the whole ceiling cavity with that sweet scent of bud. Leaching throughout the rooms in the house. Heaven for some.

A decent exhaust fan to suit that space (200-250mm 'inline' fan) and matched carbon filter would do the job. Plus buying the lights, so a cool 2-3k will see you up and running in no time.

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Cool. The garage is below the house and I’d love the smell wafting.

That ceiling exhaust fan would likely not be ducted anywhere so will fill the whole ceiling cavity with that sweet scent of bud. Leaching throughout the rooms in the house. Heaven for some.

A decent exhaust fan to suit that space (200-250mm 'inline' fan) and matched carbon filter would do the job. Plus buying the lights, so a cool 2-3k will see you up and running in no time.

Great.
Time to look at lights.

I have a grow box for seedlings that works well enough for that. Not so good for finishing plants but would work starting in there then moving to the room.

Might try and grow one monster to fill the whole space haha

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Room seems suitable for indoor grow. 3m x4 m size can produce up to 12 pounds every cycle. Depending on location in Aus, it's possible to harvest 3 to 4 cycles per year= 36 to 48 pounds per year. Your set up should reflect how much flower you want to produce every year ? If you only want to produce a few pounds each year, set up would be much different and much cheaper, than a setup for 48 pounds per year.

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Room seems suitable for indoor grow. 3m x4 m size can produce up to 12 pounds every cycle. Depending on location in Aus, it's possible to harvest 3 to 4 cycles per year= 36 to 48 pounds per year. Your set up should reflect how much flower you want to produce every year ? If you only want to produce a few pounds each year, set up would be much different and much cheaper, than a setup for 48 pounds per year.
Haha yeah. I don’t need or want that much.
I’d probably only grow off season as I prefer outdoors. And I harvest way more than I need each season anyways. So it’s really just for something fun to do when i can’t grow outside.

That’s really amazing that a small space can produce so much. You could easily make a decent living.
Shame about jail and all that shit.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Haha yeah. I don’t need or want that much.
I’d probably only grow off season as I prefer outdoors. And I harvest way more than I need each season anyways. So it’s really just for something fun to do when i can’t grow outside.

That’s really amazing that a small space can produce so much. You could easily make a decent living.
Shame about jail and all that shit.
Ok. Assuming you only want to run one cycle per year, to harvest, say, 2 pounds+. You will need approx 700 to 800 true watts of LED light, and 2-3 decent oscillating fans. I'm assuming the existing ceiling extraction will do the job, otherwise you have added extraction fan costs.

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Ok. Assuming you only want to run one cycle per year, to harvest, say, 2 pounds+. You will need approx 700 to 800 true watts of LED light, and 2-3 decent oscillating fans. I'm assuming the existing ceiling extraction will do the job, otherwise you have added extraction fan costs.
Thanks. That’s great info
If I occasionally sold weed I might just sell a pound and invest in lights. Shame I don’t ever do that naughty thing.

Goonie Goat

Curing
User ID
Thanks. That’s great info
If I occasionally sold weed I might just sell a pound and invest in lights. Shame I don’t ever do that naughty thing.
My 4x4 space with DIY 640w led produced 28 ounces of dry flower, more if counting the tops lost to mould and lower popcorn which I threw away (just to give you an idea of an average yield in that space).
You can always just start small and work your way up over time, gives you time to dial everything in slowly instead of being thrown into the deep end which could be pretty overwhelming 😆

SAW

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Yeah Harry, don’t crawl, straight to the Olympics. I can see your new avatar 🙈

Attachments

• 7473F87E-862B-4C1F-A231-F016C28A9376.jpeg
    7473F87E-862B-4C1F-A231-F016C28A9376.jpeg
    16 KB · Views: 3

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Hell yeah, that will definitely work!! It's a high end light with a high end price. If you dont want to spend that much, cheaper options are available that will produce comparable results for less initial outlay. I'm not a light guru, so others with much more knowledge on lights, might care to comment on other options. A mate recently bought some Viparspectre brand lights, which seem fair value for money, as he's getting similar returns to my HLG( expensive) lights. Other off the shelf brands are Spiderfarmer or Mars Hydro. Some growers prefer to avoid those brands for perceived reliability, longevity and warranty issues.

Top Bottom