G'day folks

oldmate

Germinating
User ID
Thanks for this forum. Most mid-life crisis I've found, involve cool motorbikes or mistresses. Unfortunately I've been gifted a mid-life crisis of depression and anxiety which I have been treating with alcohol for more than a year. After confiding with a few respected medical professionals, they suggested that I look into CBD options rather than 1.5 bottles of wine every night to calm me down and get me to sleep. Long story short, I sourced a bit of oil which worked a treat over 2 weeks! No guzzling booze after dinner to stop my mind racing and getting me to relax.
As a keen gardener and lawn lover, I've decided to have a crack at growing my own CBD. I've poured a bit of time and money into an old cupboard that's been gathering dust under the house and i'm off and running! Hoping with the help of this community, I can switch my mid-life crisis from stress and anxiety to a love of growing medicine.
Love to hear other growers success with different CBD strains

Attachments

• IMG_0036.jpg
    IMG_0036.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0034.jpg
    IMG_0034.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0038.jpg
    IMG_0038.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Welcome @oldmate and great to hear you're making the move to growing your own medicine.

By the looks of that cupboard you've built you've already got a good grasp on what you're doing. I've done a few cupboard builds in my time and that is very nice & neat. The only thing you might find is the space could become a bit "short" depending on strain and veg time, but with a bit of LST and a net you should be able to rein your girl in no problems (y)

Looks the goods... happy growing 😁

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Love the name old mate, old mate
Main prob i've had with sneaky cupboard grow is ventilation, maybe leave doors open during light hrs and hook up another fan blowing in
Looks like ure on right track

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Welcome young feller. Hope the grow goes well. When plant(s) get bigger the humidity will rise in that space. Suggest you look at a small extraction fan for your ducting through the roof. High humidity in late flower leads to mould. Otherwise looks good to start.

oldmate

Germinating
User ID
Love the advice fellas (and maybe ladies). Grow height is a concern. Been studying LST every opportunity that I get.
Some folks say to let your first auto go and others say to get straight into LST.. Very open to suggestions.
The first bean planted is a CBD Med Gom Auto with a max height of 1m (that is, if it’s a true Med Gom seed).
Really appreciate the insight into ventilation and humidity. The in-line fan is by Spider Farmer, but wish I hadn’t skimped and paid the extra for an AC Infinity unit.
I plan on logging a diary for this first grow,
so hope a few will follow along and let me know where I’m going wrong 😁

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Me 2 no see inline fan, so dont worry so much about having doors open
My advice would be start l.s.t on that sucker as soon as u get 2 about 4th node
Autos seem 2 respond well 2 opening them up as much as possible, just like a pus er......flower

pug

Vegetating
User ID
g'day oldmate:)

like your set up mate - excellent stuff.

not sure if you live in a cold or warm place and what your humidity levels are like.

one thing that could be looked at, if you are in a location where humidity levels get high at night, is to set your lights to be on during nighttime. if running autos, than something like 5pm lights on to 11am lights off. that would deal with any possible humidity concerns that can crop up in a small space.

also ... with your setup, i would be tempted to locate it in a spare room inside your house - if you have one available. with your drobe, you wouldn't need to vent outside. the room would ensure that heat is retained if living in a cold place and also allows for you to work with your plants without worrying about smell - especially towards flowering time.

as to cbd strains ... i've only grown one cbd strain and it has been great. i'm pretty sure (was gifted, so not 100%) that it was buddha seeds medikit auto - lovely strain and something that has gone onto my must-have seed list.

looking forward to checking out your progress.:)

pug

Vegetating
User ID
just noticed that you have a bit of light coming in/out from the passive vents.

not sure of your stealth requirements, but one way to fix that or reduce it heaps is to look at photography dark room louvres. i use two sets of them on my passive vents and it works a treat.

something like this, if interested:

if that's a bit of a pain, you could also get aircon mesh filters that would reduce the light slightly and also filter your air before coming into the drobe.

Top Bottom