Exploring doses in edibles

SAW

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
I’ve always been interested in and enjoyed edibles, and have started exploring dosages and recipes again.
As one volcano or mighty + capsule usually doses me quite well if high Thc, I aimed to replicate that. It’s easy making very strong edibles and having to halve or quarter a treat is something I want to avoid.
Red gummies are test zero batch. Gold ones are pineapple coconut flavoured gummies (pineapple gelatine, infused coconut oil and pineapple coconut juice). Tiny hint of canna flavour but good taste.
My calcs were 3 would equal a vape cap.
So on an empty tummy with coffee, 3 have induced brain stretch within 30 minutes. Almost fours later pleasantly ripped. At about 350 gummies, should be about 100 doses. Next batch will be various strength’s of concentrate gummies. I’ll add some estimates of dosage later.38547B96-1040-4E84-8874-4D19DBDDE2F0.jpeg8B2F02B4-692F-4849-AC8E-2EA2CAB77744.jpeg

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Genuine question.

Why does it matter what it tastes like ?
Can’t you just swallow whatever ?
Since it’s so small.

Regardless well done. I’m too lazy. I just make infused coconut oil and put a spoon in my coffee or sometimes use as butter in a sandwich.

Rabbitlicker

Germinating
User ID
Lotsa variables when it comes to edibles.

I've used this online calculator as a starting-point to make particularly strong "bulk" batches of coconut oil cannacaps for my sister that can give you a good place to start working-out the titration-rate for a single dose: https://www.scientificedibles.com/

Once you've got the "bulk" worked out, it can be cut with measured amounts of raw coconut oil to get where you want to be.

I thought about doing gummies, but went with capsules so you can get a consistent & reliable dose (to within a drop) every time without ending-up in a Galaxy far, far away.....

Making gummies & having to cut them up strikes me as a PITA, when you can just take 1-2-3 cap's at a known strength for your desired effect. Sure, making the caps can be time-consuming, but once they're done, you know exactly what you're getting each time.

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Nice might look into this myself, got like 26 Oz of critical mass which i can't get rid of because dumb cunts think it's PGR 🤣.. might be more ideal for edibles with its moderate CBD content
Haha I had someone think I laced my weed with meth or speed or something last season.
Just because it was stronger than they were used to.
I've had a few simpletons ask how I spray that much crystal on my buds 😅

Rabbitlicker

Germinating
User ID
Nice might look into this myself, got like 26 Oz of critical mass which i can't get rid of because dumb cunts think it's PGR 🤣.. might be more ideal for edibles with its moderate CBD content
Haha I had someone think I laced my weed with meth or speed or something last season.
Just because it was stronger than they were used to.
I've had a few simpletons ask how I spray that much crystal on my buds 😅
Dumb cunts will always be dumb cunts unless/until they know how to grow good weed for themselves.

Until then.......

Sun Ra

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I’ve always been interested in and enjoyed edibles, and have started exploring dosages and recipes again.
As one volcano or mighty + capsule usually doses me quite well if high Thc, I aimed to replicate that. It’s easy making very strong edibles and having to halve or quarter a treat is something I want to avoid.
Red gummies are test zero batch. Gold ones are pineapple coconut flavoured gummies (pineapple gelatine, infused coconut oil and pineapple coconut juice). Tiny hint of canna flavour but good taste.
My calcs were 3 would equal a vape cap.
So on an empty tummy with coffee, 3 have induced brain stretch within 30 minutes. Almost fours later pleasantly ripped. At about 350 gummies, should be about 100 doses. Next batch will be various strength’s of concentrate gummies. I’ll add some estimates of dosage later.View attachment 51195View attachment 51196
Excellent stuff mate - happy for you to post recipe and detailed instructions as I've been thinking of having a crack at this for a while. Otherwise a link to where you got the info from would be cool too.

SAW

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Genuine question.

Why does it matter what it tastes like ?
Can’t you just swallow whatever ?
Since it’s so small.

Regardless well done. I’m too lazy. I just make infused coconut oil and put a spoon in my coffee or sometimes use as butter in a sandwich.
Good question Harry.
Ego is surely as aspect 😊
The perfectionist in me.
Or, you could be visiting and I say “tastes like shit but does the job”. 😏
Sellability, though I have no desire, I prefer to gift, especially genuine medical users. Transporting on planes, concerts, Madi Grass, but I try and avoid those life choices.
I reply later with my cooking history and you’ll get me but I’m looking for an option for convenience and careful dosing 👍

SAW

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
I think it was from Dotts? The guys a dag but it’s simple and worked. I’m glad I did the dummy run. 50ml syringe worked a treat. I’m going to do a lime batch with concentrate tonight or tomorrow. So will post that later.

SAW

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
I could probably do a run in about 30m, start to clean up, 150 x 1ml bears.

Sun Ra

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I’m going to do a lime batch with concentrate tonight or tomorrow. So will post that later.

I'll send you a PM with my safe address mate for you to "post later" - thanks again bro.

Reactions: SAW

SAW

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Lotsa variables when it comes to edibles.

I've used this online calculator as a starting-point to make particularly strong "bulk" batches of coconut oil cannacaps for my sister that can give you a good place to start working-out the titration-rate for a single dose: https://www.scientificedibles.com/

Once you've got the "bulk" worked out, it can be cut with measured amounts of raw coconut oil to get where you want to be.

I thought about doing gummies, but went with capsules so you can get a consistent & reliable dose (to within a drop) every time without ending-up in a Galaxy far, far away.....

Making gummies & having to cut them up strikes me as a PITA, when you can just take 1-2-3 cap's at a known strength for your desired effect. Sure, making the caps can be time-consuming, but once they're done, you know exactly what you're getting each time.
Yep totally agree. I’ve been playing with the calculators, and that’s exactly what I’m working towards. A known dose, so I need 2-3 to get a low dose. It’s easier to eat a few more if tasty than to work backwards dividing up portions. These chocolates I made were rather strong, what I call primal scream. I was taking about 1/4 - 1/2, which as you state is a pain in the arse. A late mate who succumbed to his cancer was a great fan, 5-6 as a dose. He stated his sleep improved, his appetite returned and he felt f’ing marvellous. They look a bit ratty, but a few remaining from a year or two ago that have been rattling around my freezer. Coconut Rough, Rum & Rasin, and Almond Dark Chocolate flavour (shop bought packets) infused with lecithin and coconut oil extract.
19CD1BB5-03AD-4205-B195-7B99B868C57B.jpeg

SAW

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
@Sun Ra, I was going to say I’m not a fan of coconut oil extract in gummies as they sweat in room temperatures. Mostly an issue for travel. The yellow batch has been frozen between layers of baking paper, a weeks worth per layer, with a small stash in the fridge for immediate use. I’d recommend concentrate or strong tincture. The chocolates are an excellent way and taste for edibles, but they’ll sweat/soften at room temp due to coconut oil. I’m teasing with the idea of larger size gummies, low - medium dose with powdered mushroom dust for micro to larger dose.

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Good question Harry.
Ego is surely as aspect 😊
The perfectionist in me.
Or, you could be visiting and I say “tastes like shit but does the job”. 😏
Sellability, though I have no desire, I prefer to gift, especially genuine medical users. Transporting on planes, concerts, Madi Grass, but I try and avoid those life choices.
I reply later with my cooking history and you’ll get me but I’m looking for an option for convenience and careful dosing 👍
Thanks. That actually all makes sense. Good work.
Shame I’m lazy. :)

Top Bottom