Chinese grow light hack

Hudo

Baked
User ID
A mate got a light off Aliexpress about a year ago. 240w meanwell driver. And nice heat sink. It's fucked already shame it done a good job had samsung led's but epistar reds. I was over there today and it's in the trailer heading for the tip. I rescued it got it home hooked up the driver to a cxb3590 to test the driver (dimmed down)and it worked fine. It's a 48V. I had a look at cutter electronics site and got 2 new board's for it that have 396 thrive 4k LED's and 20 640nm reds for 63 bucks (excluding gst) and 17 bucks postage. Haha he gunna spew. I'm sticking it in the veg tent to replace shitty vipar spectra I've got in there

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
Sounds like all the SpiderFarmer lights in 12 months lol

Secretchief

Vegetating
User ID
I run the kingbrite but that's why I got straight lm301h, and a seperate cree board for the Reds.
Check if its the AB driver, they are PWM dim to 0 so can be turned off completely with dimmer/controller. Same as AC infinity. Saves a timer

Reactions: pug

Hudo

Baked
User ID
I run the kingbrite but that's why I got straight lm301h, and a seperate cree board for the Reds.
Check if its the AB driver, they are PWM dim to 0 so can be turned off completely with dimmer/controller. Same as AC infinity. Saves a timer
It's a B driver

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Got the cutter boards yesterday. Also decided to cut the heatsink in half and extend the light by 200mm to get a better spread the thing kicks arse wacked it in the flower tent I stead

Attachments

• 20220914_212346.jpg
    20220914_212346.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 18

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Liking the build, nicely done
Cheers
Cutter
Thanks mate I built another Frankenstein light yesterday with 2 of your 404's to I was previously running a CXB3590 setup I got from you a couple years back but had an accident in the shed and 3 don't work so had to go back to the old tech untill I stumbled across your 404 boards I can run on my 36v drivers I have an abundance of

weledlight

Germinating
User ID
Thanks mate I built another Frankenstein light yesterday with 2 of your 404's to I was previously running a CXB3590 setup I got from you a couple years back but had an accident in the shed and 3 don't work so had to go back to the old tech untill I stumbled across your 404 boards I can run on my 36v drivers I have an abundance of
let us know how she grows
cheers

Top Bottom