An AC timer that works?

Wargul

Vegetating
User ID
I bought an elcheapo mechanical timer for my lights and got what I paid for - it works when it's in the mood. So, what's a reliable timer? I assume good ones have a battery backup.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
I love the mechanical timers. I always fuck up those stupid digital ones with way too many day options on them..

Wargul

Vegetating
User ID
I love the mechanical timers. I always fuck up those stupid digital ones with way too many day options on them..
That's why I got a manual one with the pins. It just seems to have a mind of its own. I would have thought it foolproof - but there you go.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
I use this easy to set up I just watched a YouTube vid on it
I have the non slim version od this. Awesome timer. Has a battery inbuilt so will keep your settings for a few day in a blackout. Easy as fuck to use I reckon @Billygoat could even get it working. 🤣

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Haha, I just cannot understand why it needs so many program options. All they need is the ability to program the current time and then a turn on and turn off time. that is it.. not fucken weekdays, weekends, every second days... all that crap. lol

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Haha, I just cannot understand why it needs so many program options. All they need is the ability to program the current time and then a turn on and turn off time. that is it.. not fucken weekdays, weekends, every second days... all that crap. lol
Yeah what electric appliance or lights need 14 different programs to run them.
It's massive over kill. I just use it as a standard timer which is easy as shit.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
They have more uses than just growing certain plants on specific light cycles 😂
But yeah I’m picking up what you’re putting down mate.

Wargul

Vegetating
User ID
Well I got a slimline as many of you recommended. Bastard took me two hours to programme but I think I have it working. I expect the lights to be off when I wake up tomorrow. Cheers everyone.

Top Bottom