Led for seedlings

SimonA

Germinating
User ID
Hi all just wanting some Info on what LED would be good for starting seedlings and cuttings before I go outside.
At the moment Im using a growlush 130 and wondering what my options are without spending a shit load or should I stick with what I’m using. Cheers

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Is that a cfl? It should be ok for seedlings. I’ve used cfl to start but you may want to upgrade to something bigger for veg/flower.

If you only starting inside then moving outside that should be fine. You have a month at most before it’s prime veg outside.

When did you start germinating this grow? And how many plants?

SimonA

Germinating
User ID
Hi all just wanting some Info on what LED would be good for starting seedlings and cuttings before I go outside.
At the moment Im using a growlush 130 and wondering what my options are without spending a shit load or should I stick with what I’m using. Cheers
Yeah mate it is cfl 6400k. It does do the job but you know how it is, there’s always room for improvement.

SimonA

Germinating
User ID
How big is your grow area?
I’m just using a cupboard that I fitted out to pop and a few clones when needed. 800x 800 I guess. I need to be a bit discreet with friends and whoever come over so that why a cupboard. I only do a few outdoor and not inside. I was reading about LED and was wondering if there was any advantage over the cfl for the 6-8weeks or so to get a little bit ahead this year. Im going to start from seed this year but a little bit suss on what I thought I was getting if you know what I mean.

I have kept clones ticking along all winter before because I didnt want to loose that strain and then put them outside . They were on veg for about 8 month 13 hours..When I put them out it was like a dog getting let of it’s chain they took of and bolted..The end result was no worries..😂

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
I kept some clones going all winter too. In coco with maybe one watering a month. Under quad split cfl. It’s amazing how they can stay alive that way.

800x800? That length x width?

I have a spiderfarmer sf300. Good for 300x900 (length x width). Works well for veg but would need more for flower.

Last edited:

SimonA

Germinating
User ID
Yeah mate done all that. 800 mm square. Not 8 meters square. .😂 Just a cupboard in a spare room. There’s nothing high tech with what I do..
On the sunny days they go outside for a sunbathe and back in..

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
I had a grow lush fixture was pretty good, first veg light I owned.

Broke a few globes moving so turfed it, them 100w ufo leds go good in a small clone tent.

SimonA

Germinating
User ID
I had a grow lush fixture was pretty good, first veg light I owned.

Broke a few globes moving so turfed it, them 100w ufo leds go good in a small clone tent.
So your talking about the led high bay lights used in sheds etc..?

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
So your talking about the led high bay lights used in sheds etc..?

Yeah mate, Phillips do them as led high bays, progrow do them as a horticultural grow lights I suspect the high bays will be a more 6000k spectrum and the progrow have a a few more far red diodes.

They are a very good veg light for the price, probably gone up now I’ve had mine a while now.

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
It’s definitely nice to get them started inside under 24h I’m back to the future letting Mother Nature do her thing.

QuickBloomLights

Germinating
User ID
Check out the HLG 65 we have for $195, at only 65 watt its great for Veg and clones and covers comfortably a 60 x 60 cm area.

Top Bottom