Freeze dried flowers

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
My freezer test didn't work. After about 4 months they come out too wet. It's a new but low end/budget LG freezer. I'm drying them now in brown paper bags under a fan.
Were they dry at all? My test was smokable, but better the next day.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Harry Butler old mate, probs need 2 go 2 spec savers but looks like mold or brown stuff right in the centre of that banger of a bud
As i say the peepers aren't what they used 2 be so hopefully wrong

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Harry Butler old mate, probs need 2 go 2 spec savers but looks like mold or brown stuff right in the centre of that banger of a bud
As i say the peepers aren't what they used 2 be so hopefully wrong
Good spotting Bob!

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
So what? About 2 weeks in freezer.

Must be a way with weight to calculate if it’s dry. Doesn’t seem enough difference yet.

View attachment 47308

57 grams now. Slow. I’m guessing because the freezer is full it’s slower to draw all moisture out.
But nothing looks like it’s going bad in any way. Looks the same as the day it went in.

Dry stuff stored in the fridge is good. Smokable straight out. Still curing though.

Rabbitlicker

Germinating
User ID
Here's my fist attempt at freeze-drying. Critical Orange Punch that have been in the freezer for a bit over 7 weeks now in seedling trays:
DSCN3655.JPGDSCN3674.JPG

The next part of the equation is what to do with them for longer-term storage? They smelled superb as soon as I opened the freezer for this photo-op, so I don't want to lose all those lovely terp's.

Vac-seal them in small amounts & back into the freezer? Vac-seal & into a cool/dark environment? Jar them up with Boveda packs?

Thoughts?

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Here's my fist attempt at freeze-drying. Critical Orange Punch that have been in the freezer for a bit over 7 weeks now in seedling trays:
View attachment 47727View attachment 47728

The next part of the equation is what to do with them for longer-term storage? They smelled superb as soon as I opened the freezer for this photo-op, so I don't want to lose all those lovely terp's.

Vac-seal them in small amounts & back into the freezer? Vac-seal & into a cool/dark environment? Jar them up with Boveda packs?

Thoughts?
Do all 3 and report back which is best please! 🤣

Top Bottom