Anyone know what happened to the viparspectra VB series?

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
So I have a mate that has a few viparspectra VB 1500 lights and for the price they have decent specs and coverage for a 60x60 or 70x70. The diode count (lm281+) is good at 450 diodes per 150w. A footprint of 40x28cm with a remote control to adjust dimming, timing and spectrum and an integrated digital hygro/thermo with probe.

The VB 1500 is listed on their eBay site, and is sold in the US at quite a few shops but has been recently removed from their site a few months ago and has been removed from local listings.

Does anyone know what happened to the VB series and why there is no record of the VB series?

For $130 with coupon, 281+ diodes, remote driver and 450 diode count at 150w sounds like a far superior to my 288 diode standard 281b boards at the same wattage.

I was looking at grabbing two for my 120x60 as 900 diodes over 300w is far more appealing efficiency and coverage wise than 572 diodes, not to mention the 281b + diodes have a better luminous efficacy to begin with.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Little blackwing from hlg is a good price atm.đź‘Ť
Tbh, I've got four greenfingers (kingbrite) 288 boards with 150w drivers. I'm probably just going to run two of the boards in parallel off the one 150w sosen driver.

My only issue with them now is that they are a bit overdriven at 150w with a savage hotspot, so halving the current should increase the efficiency and heat dissipation while creating a more even footprint.

The combined 70x20cm footprint will be great for the two 90x50 tents I'll be running in flower.

Last edited:

RidingOnwards

Vegetating
User ID
So I have a mate that has a few viparspectra VB 1500 lights and for the price they have decent specs and coverage for a 60x60 or 70x70. The diode count (lm281+) is good at 450 diodes per 150w. A footprint of 40x28cm with a remote control to adjust dimming, timing and spectrum and an integrated digital hygro/thermo with probe.

The VB 1500 is listed on their eBay site, and is sold in the US at quite a few shops but has been recently removed from their site a few months ago and has been removed from local listings.

Does anyone know what happened to the VB series and why there is no record of the VB series?

For $130 with coupon, 281+ diodes, remote driver and 450 diode count at 150w sounds like a far superior to my 288 diode standard 281b boards at the same wattage.

I was looking at grabbing two for my 120x60 as 900 diodes over 300w is far more appealing efficiency and coverage wise than 572 diodes, not to mention the 281b + diodes have a better luminous efficacy to begin with.
The xs2000 looks better value has Samsung lm301b’s if you look around can be picked up for about $280 with offers on Amazon
Not sure on reliability but certainly seems popular, on a par with mars hydro.
They all used to make shit lights but in last couple years upped their game.

Madmick

Baked
User ID
I don't understand, if your looking for a cheaper option quality light for less than 300 why would you buy a cheap led when you buy top of the 600w digital ballast and globes for less and not compromise on bud quality and yield?

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
the XS1500 can be had on the bay for $235 or join eBay plus n get $51 off
Similar to what you were looking for but with better diodes.
Tbh, not exactly looking for a light and posted this out of curiosity and boredom. Was just wondering if there was an obvious recall or issue with them as they seemed okay for the money compared to the kingbrite boards I have and started thinking "I wonder what happened to them?"

I remember seeing "new 2022 model" on their marketing when me mate got them from eBay so it just seemed odd that it just disappeared.

Considering me mates got three VB 1500s and a VB 2000 it would be handy to know if his house was at risk of burning down.

I don't know why I'm always looking at lights anyway. I've only got 10ft sq set up at the moment and already have 1000w worth of quantum board here. I just get bored.

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I don't understand, if your looking for a cheaper option quality light for less than 300 why would you buy a cheap led when you buy top of the 600w digital ballast and globes for less and not compromise on bud quality and yield?
I'm not looking for anything ATM tbh. I've already got 1000w worth of quantum board over a few lights, Im just always browsing. Just thought it was odd that they disappeared. I'm always looking at what's on offer out of boredom and noticed that the series just vanished off their website. Was just just tossing up random options and noticed the diode count was way better than my kingbrite boards.

Me mates running a few of them and wanted to see if there was some secret recall issue that's been swept under the rug, make sure his house ain't Gunna burn down.

Basically just a post out of boredom. Right now there's probably a hundred lights "that I'm looking into" as I have no life lol..

Last edited:

Pixie

Baked
User ID

VB 1000. 59.00 bucks on Flea bay finishes bidding tonight. Free postage and Fire blanket included.đź‘Ť

Top Bottom