Twin Tests

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Green Genius

Germinating
User ID
Fuck doesn't look like it would fit much in it. How much is it?
How does it differ from just normal drying?
Sounds like it has an extraction fan.
Can you set the humidity in it?
This model hang dry around 300gm wet. Will have trays for flat dry. This is 50L. 70L version too.

Controllable temp, controllable rh

No extraction fan. Sealed no smell.

You sure can.

Green Genius

Germinating
User ID
And no, you can’t really make LARGE cool dryers due humidity limitations. So for large tent growers and above, only dedicated spaces work.

While this is a novelty, there’s a lot of hobby growers who don’t have suitable drying conditions.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Yeah we feel you. We use split AC & dehueys to achieve environmental control on the dry, its really the only way to achieve it at scale.
I just used to cook shit in an old shed as you can see! 🤣
Got a better set-up these days but still just passive no air conditioning. Good in winter not the best in summer.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Been reading online experiences from hobby growers using a standard fridge ( not freezer) to dry and cure flowers. Encouraging reports from some growers using a light trim upon harvest, and simply stored in fridge in a paper bag. Stored for 8 weeks, *seems* to provide similar results to freezer dry method. I'll test a few different strains( single cola) in fridge when I chop next week. I haven't found air dry/cure to be an issue in cooler months around here, but summer heat can quickly degrade flowers, if can't find a cooler spot to dry. Chunky buds that dry inside 4 days in summer heat, lose a lot of smell/ flavour. As they say, the fastest way to dry flowers, is to dry them slowly 🐌.

Green Genius

Germinating
User ID
Any results in yet Green? Keen for an update.
Just ran ~300g wet through the small model. Took 11 days at 13c / 55-61% rh. With trays could easily do 500g+ wet. Less "new fridge smell" with the 2nd run, but will be advising to run the bread test from freeze dryers to help. Sourcing trays for flat drying, instructions, packaging etc. Can start an extremely limited production run, this week or next.

Because its R&D we will be offering a discount code to early adopters. We are already designing V1.5 and 2.0 but dont have a firm launch date. Im thinking around the ~50% mark to say thanks.

Top Bottom