Soil Talk

Yuser420

Vegetating
User ID
Hi all,
Finally, the weather getting warmer in vic. And this year I am quite determined to mix up my own soil instead of purchasing expensive canna terra or random mix from Bunnings. After some research on inexpensive and readily available products (from Bunnings) the below is what I am thinking of getting.
- coco coir
- organic blood and bone
- worm casting
- perlite
- epsom salt
- garden lime
what do you think ?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Goonie Goat

Curing
User ID
Hi all,
Finally, the weather getting warmer in vic. And this year I am quite determined to mix up my own soil instead of purchasing expensive canna terra or random mix from Bunnings. After some research on inexpensive and readily available products (from Bunnings) the below is what I am thinking of getting.
- coco coir
- organic blood and bone
- worm casting
- perlite
- epsom salt
- garden lime
what do you think ?
I'd get dolomite lime instead of Epsom and lime, dolomite has magnesium in it so you can kill 2 birds with 1 stone there, as for worm castings there's shops on eBay that will sell better quality stuff for cheaper but the stuff from Bunnings will work still. There's some good potting mix recipes online such as coots mix which includes crab meal / Neem and seaweed

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Hi all,
- coco coir
- organic blood and bone
- worm casting
- perlite
- epsom salt
- garden lime
what do you think ?
Site sponsor @Green Genius is selling 50 litre bags of CTP for $35. Thats cheaper than the pre buffered coco bags from my local hydro shop

Yuser420

Vegetating
User ID
I'd get dolomite lime instead of Epsom and lime, dolomite has magnesium in it so you can kill 2 birds with 1 stone there, as for worm castings there's shops on eBay that will sell better quality stuff for cheaper but the stuff from Bunnings will work still. There's some good potting mix recipes online such as coots mix which includes crab meal / Neem and seaweed

cheers dolomite lime sounds better

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
that's actually way cheaper than couple years ago. what happened
Shop around. My previous local cranky bitch sales woman increased bag price to $90. Found another store just a few k's further away who's charging me $50 a bag. A single bag will yield 24 ounces+ of manicured flowers, when mixed with perlite. At $2 per ounce the price is right. Even cheaper if you're near Brisvegas and can pick up a bag from site sponsor

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Second CTP when its at a good price. Used it a few times as a base for organic medium and living soils with good results. Goes well with some added gypsum, palagonite, biochar and castings mixed in for a lightly amended mix or with some added meals as a super soil. Neem, alfalfa, ground barley and coconut meal.

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Shop around. My previous local cranky bitch sales woman increased bag price to $90. Found another store just a few k's further away who's charging me $50 a bag. A single bag will yield 24 ounces+ of manicured flowers, when mixed with perlite. At $2 per ounce the price is right. Even cheaper if you're near Brisvegas and can pick up a bag from site sponsor

$90!!! Jesus. Yeah I grabbed some from GG. $35 is awesome value.

Green Genius

Germinating
User ID
that's actually way cheaper than couple years ago. what happened
The hydro game is craazzzyyyyy. We were a customer for a few years and now a retailer for 18 months and its wild. So many places have been gouging customers for years.

So many places are selling products rather than solving problems.

Green Genius

Germinating
User ID

Not to toot our own horn but we have the best worm castings in Australia at the best price, NO CAP! $25 a bucket (moving to $30 cos its too cheap)

In The Loop castings. Made up Sunny Coast by an absolute Aussie legend Mitch. Spent serious coin on custom kit to deliver 3mm screened castings. Does his soil food web mapping properly.

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Not to toot our own horn but we have the best worm castings in Australia at the best price, NO CAP! $25 a bucket (moving to $30 cos its too cheap)

In The Loop castings. Made up Sunny Coast by an absolute Aussie legend Mitch. Spent serious coin on custom kit to deliver 3mm screened castings. Does his soil food web mapping properly.

Was eyeing this off this morning and keen to give it a go. Currently cooking some of your CTP with gypsum, palagonite and biochar and needed some castings to finalize the process. Glad I found your shop. Was paying nearly $60 from my Local for CTP.

Yuser420

Vegetating
User ID

unfortunately I live in vic and delivery fee is crazy when I tried to check out this morning.

Top Bottom