PRUNE OR NOT 2 PRUNE❓️

LOAF

Germinating
Community Member
User ID
Should i prune some more of the bigger leaves and others blocking light to lower buds again or is this ok? And is cutting off the fingers of the leaf or most of it if u cant get to the stem without damaging it sufficient? Fucks me i thought id hacked them to death already n broken main growth tips and branches but these ladies are amazingly resiliant 20240628_084135.jpg

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Everyone has their own technique. But if they're photoperiod's, i'll usually fill out a screen whilst plant is in veg before switching them to flower/bloom. Then anything below the screen gets removed for a couple reasons..

#1. I'm out to grow buds, not popcorn. After many years i found anything below the screen is usually inferior which usually ends up in B grade trim for hash making. And depending on one's grading system, half of the harvest can end up B Grade.

#2. Improves ventilation/air circulation immensely.

But considering the stage its at, it's a bit late to take that route. Just go with what @Goonie Goat mentioned. (y)

EDIT: Not the best example, but something a bit like this..
scnnctn-jpg.40171

Example of filling out the screen during vegetative stage, before flipping to flower/bloom..
003-jpg.34840

Last edited:

Dubbski

Vegetating
User ID
Should i prune some more of the bigger leaves and others blocking light to lower buds again or is this ok? And is cutting off the fingers of the leaf or most of it if u cant get to the stem without damaging it sufficient? Fucks me i thought id hacked them to death already n broken main growth tips and branches but these ladies are amazingly resiliant View attachment 49260
I always like the idea of taking leaves off the stems but leaving the leaves on the buds.
The lower the bud/leaf ratio... the less defoliation needed.
A little is better than less from my experience.

Top Bottom