Overnight heating

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Its winter(happens every year...lol) and nights are cooling quickly. Indoor veg growth is slowing noticeably. Last winter I used an oil heater at night/lights off, but draws 500 expensive watts an hour, and takes up room ( of one plant) in the box + raises humidity. So I'm looking for a better solution at lights off( 11% Celsius early this morning). Anyone using the greenhouse style heaters? How much warmth do they really produce? I'm thinking of adding about 120 watts of heat to maintain night temps in the high teens.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Madmick

Baked
User ID
You can only try , i use a small 3 grill oil heater in my tent

Always have , been thinking of trying them too

Quokk@

Vegetating
User ID
I got the 300mm tube heater and trialed it for a week in my 1300x850 space. I found it wasn't able to maintain the min temp during lights off. I ended up getting the 900mm (190w) one and running both. I've had no issues maintaining my set temps although they just scraped through when we had a 1 degree minimum the other night.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Its winter(happens every year...lol) and nights are cooling quickly. Indoor veg growth is slowing noticeably. Last winter I used an oil heater at night/lights off, but draws 500 expensive watts an hour, and takes up room ( of one plant) in the box + raises humidity. So I'm looking for a better solution at lights off( 11% Celsius early this morning). Anyone using the greenhouse style heaters? How much warmth do they really produce? I'm thinking of adding about 120 watts of heat to maintain night temps in the high teens.
I've got 2 a 1.2m one and a 800mm one. They worked great when me tent was in an old shitty shed with open eaves and no insulation so basically same temps as outside most of the time. Really only stopped the wind.
Now I have them in my nice little insulated box inside my brick garage they are very hot and I've have to turn both down to half.
Gets into single figures every night of winter where I am and occasionally as low as 4c or 5c.
Get a couple old fella they work there not very expensive and they are cheap to run. I think mine combined at full blast use 200w.
Sit em on the floor and they give off a nice even raident heat.

smileysmoke

Blooming
User ID
how about a cheap aquarium heater in a closed barrel. thermal mass and all that.
i just run lights at night and so far the tents in a insulated room only get down to 15c.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Thanks for replies. I'll try the greenhouse heaters, as they are relatively inexpensive. Sounds as though I should aim for around 200 watts of heat. Also a good option for my alternative sleeping arrangements in the tent, if bride kicks me out of bed 😜😜😜.

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
My soil plants are very purple due to the cold but the coco plants are completely green two tents in the same room so not sure exactly how that works?

Soil ones late flower
Coco ones early flower

Top Bottom