New and want CBD strain

HenryG

Germinating
User ID
Hi all, new to this and looking to grow some CBD plants.

Wish I had known about this place before today

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Kee Mao

Baked
User ID
Sawatdee khrap🙏
welcome to TSE HenryG
Asking for beans on first post is poor form. Members will be rightly suspicious 🤨

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Not sure if young Henry was asking 4 beans, just said he was gonna grow some cbd
And as we all know, no one on here is in2 cbd
Might have 2 jump on the old google machine Henry

Um ok once again bob has put finger in motion b4 putting brain in gear, just read his title
Apologies 2 all affected

pug

Vegetating
User ID
welcome HenryG :)

i grow a short cbd strain (45 - 65cm tall and around 50cm in diameter) which takes approx 8 weeks from seed to harvest, yields anywhere from 50 - 125g per plant and ranges form around 16-18% cbd. the strain (as far as I can tell, as they were gifted, but puggle helped with identification) is Buddha Medikit auto.

as to growing ... we are a mixed bunch and all grow a bit differently, but if you give us a rough idea of your growing experience, climate and preference for growing (hydro/soil, sun/lights) it will narrow things down a bit and make it easier to give recommendations.

HenryG

Germinating
User ID
welcome HenryG :)

i grow a short cbd strain (45 - 65cm tall and around 50cm in diameter) which takes approx 8 weeks from seed to harvest, yields anywhere from 50 - 125g per plant and ranges form around 16-18% cbd. the strain (as far as I can tell, as they were gifted, but puggle helped with identification) is Buddha Medikit auto.

as to growing ... we are a mixed bunch and all grow a bit differently, but if you give us a rough idea of your growing experience, climate and preference for growing (hydro/soil, sun/lights) it will narrow things down a bit and make it easier to give recommendations.
Thanks for the response. I’ll be in soil in with my veggies. I’ve had a fair bit of experience in my garden over the years and got a pretty good handle on things. Though tips and tricks from others are always appreciated.
As for straight CBD strains I’ve only ever grown a couple of autos which were a total waste. I stressed them and the flipped after 2 weeks of veg.

Reactions: pug

pug

Vegetating
User ID
nice one Henry ... that makes things way easier.:)

i'm not an outdoor soil grower, but there are quite a few here who grow some lovely plants. i suppose at this stage, it will depend on the type of plants you'd like to grow - usually based on stealth issues. if privacy isn't a hassle, then there are some cbd regular varieties around that would suit an outdoor grow, as well as, some feminised cbd varieties in all shapes and sizes.

check out these beauties:

you might also want to think about how you'd like to partake in their goodness and how much yield you are looking for. in my case, i like to vape a nice cbd flower during a relaxed day and even mix it with my nighttime strain to really put me to sleep. i also like to make cbd tinctures when I have surplus flower for everyday use.

not sure how you are sorted with seeds, but if you do need to order internationally, at least you are getting ready at the right time, as many of us reckon that leading up to chrissy is a better time for getting seeds through customs.

Green_Sick

Vegetating
User ID
Welcome to the forum Henry.
As a cancer sufferer I feel your pain about finding legit CBD rich beans to grow.
The main Aussie bean suppliers seem a bit sus and knowing my luck I'd be sold hemp
and wouldn't know the difference.
7 East Coast Genetics have true CBD beans but are out of stock in both varieties.
ATM I'm having to make do with varieties that kill pain and induce sleep until some CBD beans become available.

Last edited:

HenryG

Germinating
User ID
nice one Henry ... that makes things way easier.:)

i'm not an outdoor soil grower, but there are quite a few here who grow some lovely plants. i suppose at this stage, it will depend on the type of plants you'd like to grow - usually based on stealth issues. if privacy isn't a hassle, then there are some cbd regular varieties around that would suit an outdoor grow, as well as, some feminised cbd varieties in all shapes and sizes.

check out these beauties:

you might also want to think about how you'd like to partake in their goodness and how much yield you are looking for. in my case, i like to vape a nice cbd flower during a relaxed day and even mix it with my nighttime strain to really put me to sleep. i also like to make cbd tinctures when I have surplus flower for everyday use.

not sure how you are sorted with seeds, but if you do need to order internationally, at least you are getting ready at the right time, as many of us reckon that leading up to chrissy is a better time for getting seeds through customs.
Great vid thanks for sharing. Tinc and vape is what I’m using at the moment. As for yield I’ll take what I can get. My understanding is that high CBD & low T strains aren’t the biggest producers. But I’ll work them out as I go.

HenryG

Germinating
User ID
Welcome to the forum Henry.
As a cancer sufferer I feel your pain about finding legit CBD rich beans to grow.
The main Aussie bean suppliers seem a bit sus and knowing my luck I'd be sold hemp
and wouldn't know the difference.
7 East Coast Genetics have true CBD beans but are out of stock in both varieties.
ATM I'm having to make do with varieties that kill pain and induce sleep until some CBD beans become available.
I’m using for a chronic back pain condition.
It was actually looking at reviews for 7ECG that I found this forum.

pug

Vegetating
User ID
hiya Henry :)

i use cbd for chronic neck/shoulder pain, but actually think that cbd is just part of the canna package. the most pain relief i get is from full spectrum canna plants, usually sitting around the 15-20% thc, but with a variety of other cannabinoids and terpenes.

there's a fella called dr ethan russo who is a wealth of information on canna and pain. after listening to him, i changed my plant selection to target specific terpenes and have found it to be very effective. there a few different vids .... shaping fire has one for 3 minutes specifically on terpenes and pain and this one is a fair bit more detailed:

basically, i grow a high cbd plant and use it as a base for pain medication in the form of a tincture - personally, i like cbda and cbd and try to make sure that my tinctures decarboxylate naturally, so i get both varieties of the cannabinoids. psam (psychedelic sam) has a lot of information on this process. then i grow a daytime strain that has the terpenes I'm after and provides lots of calm energy. lastly, i have a night-time strain with the targeted terpenes, that is relaxing, happy and offers good pain relief.

each person reacts differently to different cannabinoids, as well as, the specific combination of cannabinoids that a strain possesses - some find it frustrating that one size doesn't fit all, but personally i think it's great that there is so much out there on offer and it's not exactly a tough job to sample as many strains as possible.:)

HenryG

Germinating
User ID
hiya Henry :)

i use cbd for chronic neck/shoulder pain, but actually think that cbd is just part of the canna package. the most pain relief i get is from full spectrum canna plants, usually sitting around the 15-20% thc, but with a variety of other cannabinoids and terpenes.

there's a fella called dr ethan russo who is a wealth of information on canna and pain. after listening to him, i changed my plant selection to target specific terpenes and have found it to be very effective. there a few different vids .... shaping fire has one for 3 minutes specifically on terpenes and pain and this one is a fair bit more detailed:

basically, i grow a high cbd plant and use it as a base for pain medication in the form of a tincture - personally, i like cbda and cbd and try to make sure that my tinctures decarboxylate naturally, so i get both varieties of the cannabinoids. psam (psychedelic sam) has a lot of information on this process. then i grow a daytime strain that has the terpenes I'm after and provides lots of calm energy. lastly, i have a night-time strain with the targeted terpenes, that is relaxing, happy and offers good pain relief.

each person reacts differently to different cannabinoids, as well as, the specific combination of cannabinoids that a strain possesses - some find it frustrating that one size doesn't fit all, but personally i think it's great that there is so much out there on offer and it's not exactly a tough job to sample as many strains as possible.:)
Thanks for sharing. If I go with THC i may have to give up my drivers licence. I understand the medicinal value of the combination. It’s awesome you have found the right mix it’s like being on a pheno hunt to see what works the best. 👍

pug

Vegetating
User ID
i can't tell a lie ... it's been fun trying as many strains as possible and one i hope to continue.:)

they definitely have us by the short and curlies in regards to driving - at least at the moment.

there are a few ways to mitigate and perhaps even overcome their saliva tests, but it would take a bit of cash, a bit of time and there are no guarantees - too many false positives with their saliva tests, which would lead to another more invasive test, which would definitely detect everything.

if you live in a flat area with some bike paths ... could always go the pushy route.:) those electric bikes can move and in some cities ... cheap as chips to ride and the pedal-assist ones might even have health benefits.:)

plus riding stoned is so much fun!

F

freddie

Thanks for sharing. If I go with THC i may have to give up my drivers licence. I understand the medicinal value of the combination. It’s awesome you have found the right mix it’s like being on a pheno hunt to see what works the best. 👍
Welcome to the forum.
Any CBD plant you grow will have some THC, likely less that 1%, but still THC, which potentially can show up in a drug test. I use a prescribed CBD oil which has THC removed for daytime when I drive, but use THC at night. It's a risk I take that it will not show up if I get a roadside drug test the following day. It shouldn't but it might. I practice good oral hygiene, clean teeth and mouthwash.

I plan on growing a CBD Charlottes Angel soon. CBD seeds seem harder to get than THC ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

HenryG

Germinating
User ID
Welcome to the forum.
Any CBD plant you grow will have some THC, likely less that 1%, but still THC, which potentially can show up in a drug test. I use a prescribed CBD oil which has THC removed for daytime when I drive, but use THC at night. It's a risk I take that it will not show up if I get a roadside drug test the following day. It shouldn't but it might. I practice good oral hygiene, clean teeth and mouthwash.

I plan on growing a CBD Charlottes Angel soon. CBD seeds seem harder to get than THC ones.
Thanks. Was looking at that strain over the weekend.

Top Bottom