Morning All

GlennT_59

Blooming
User ID
Just found this forum. So glad to find an Aussie site. I've had a few grows in my garage in the corner in a large wooden box with OK results apart from gnats and overheating somewhat (colorbond garage which can get quite hot in summer). So I am now waiting on a grow tent to put indoors so I can control things a bit better.

Cheers
Glenn

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

GlennT_59

Blooming
User ID
Evening all, hope you don't mind me asking for some more noob advice, I thought I'd just post it here rather than start a new post so I hope someone sees it :ROFLMAO:

Soooooo.....is a tent really necessary indoors for starting seedlings and growing onto veg stage? I cleared out about 4ft x 2 ft space in a spare room and at present have seedlings going and they are doing really well (no overwatering this time :rolleyes:). I have a Viparspectra light TC 600 and a T5 4 x 2 ft lamps set up at the moment. I do have a fan blowing on them to circulate air. My thinking is have flowering plants in the tent in the garage and have veg stage stuff in the house. If a tent is needed I don't mind buying one and if so I want to buy something decent if I need one, but just curious if just having the plants in an open space would suffice. I have just a little over 4ft x 2ft space available.

Another thing I was curious about is how much weight can a tent take as none of the tents seem to list that, the reason I ask is that the Viparspectra light is quite heavy at 5.7 kg and wondering if I ever want to put that in a tent is it too heavey (kinda scared to use the SF1000 now after reading reviews here lol)

I do like the the stuff in the link Shroomer put up in another post and if I do need another tent then I'm happy to buy what's needed.

IMG_6869D.JPG

IMG_6870D.JPG

OK I know this setup is slap dash at the moment, if open space is OK I'll build a good frame and ditch the ladder :ROFLMAO: but don't want to build anything until I work out if I need a tent or not for inside the house.

Many Thanks
Glenn

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
G'day glen, mate when u first start off u use whatever u got at the time
Ure probs not familiar with thread poor man's cannabis, but every plant u see was started in a shitty old 3ft x 2ft cupboard with t5 lights. Once in2 veg, swapped out t5's for 100watt hlg boards
Only prob is u cant really flower efficiently in that space so outside they go...autos, photos dont matter
When on budget u make do, as long as u got some sorta ventilation [just a fan sitting inside and maybe one out] Only thing with photos u gotta time when u kick em out 2 natures light rythem, otherwise easy peezy

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Evening all, hope you don't mind me asking for some more noob advice, I thought I'd just post it here rather than start a new post so I hope someone sees it :ROFLMAO:

Soooooo.....is a tent really necessary indoors for starting seedlings and growing onto veg stage? I cleared out about 4ft x 2 ft space in a spare room and at present have seedlings going and they are doing really well (no overwatering this time :rolleyes:). I have a Viparspectra light TC 600 and a T5 4 x 2 ft lamps set up at the moment. I do have a fan blowing on them to circulate air. My thinking is have flowering plants in the tent in the garage and have veg stage stuff in the house. If a tent is needed I don't mind buying one and if so I want to buy something decent if I need one, but just curious if just having the plants in an open space would suffice. I have just a little over 4ft x 2ft space available.

Another thing I was curious about is how much weight can a tent take as none of the tents seem to list that, the reason I ask is that the Viparspectra light is quite heavy at 5.7 kg and wondering if I ever want to put that in a tent is it too heavey (kinda scared to use the SF1000 now after reading reviews here lol)

I do like the the stuff in the link Shroomer put up in another post and if I do need another tent then I'm happy to buy what's needed.

View attachment 31305

View attachment 31306

OK I know this setup is slap dash at the moment, if open space is OK I'll build a good frame and ditch the ladder :ROFLMAO: but don't want to build anything until I work out if I need a tent or not for inside the house.

Many Thanks
Glenn
No you don't need a tent to grow!
Yes all tents will hold that old disco light!

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
I reckon the opposite would be better..have the young plants in the garage,and the flowering plants inside ,

well that’s if your garage gets real hot in summer and real cold in winter..which would be a lot of stress on flowering plants ,,

Seedlings and plants in veg will handle stress better, so have them in the garage so that your flowering plants don’t cop extremes in temperatures.

And put some shit from the spare room in the garage (Plants are more important..lol.) to make room for a tent.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
If smell control isn’t an issue the spare room will be fine. There’s many ways you can knock something together.
The only issue is light penetration while you flowering plants are asleep. If the room doesn’t have any light leaks then it will be fine.

You ladder setup is better than my first one 😆
A Kmart a frame shelf with a cfl light and wrapped insulation loosely around it. I was worried I would come back to a fire.

They were cacti seeds in there but I did think I could germ canna as well 🤦‍♂️

B901A50A-AFAB-4B34-AC15-4D5F81596525.jpeg

GlennT_59

Blooming
User ID
G'day glen, mate when u first start off u use whatever u got at the time
Ure probs not familiar with thread poor man's cannabis, but every plant u see was started in a shitty old 3ft x 2ft cupboard with t5 lights. Once in2 veg, swapped out t5's for 100watt hlg boards
Only prob is u cant really flower efficiently in that space so outside they go...autos, photos dont matter
When on budget u make do, as long as u got some sorta ventilation [just a fan sitting inside and maybe one out] Only thing with photos u gotta time when u kick em out 2 natures light rythem, otherwise easy peezy
Thanks Bob, yeah gotta make do with whay ya got sometimes hey. I had a good read of your "Poor man's cannabis thread", very informative and inspiring ☺️

GlennT_59

Blooming
User ID
No you don't need a tent to grow!
Yes all tents will hold that old disco light!
Thanks Porky, probably due for an upgrade 😆 yes its old, I've had it a long time but did the job at the time, works for seedlings til I get something better.

GlennT_59

Blooming
User ID
I reckon the opposite would be better..have the young plants in the garage,and the flowering plants inside ,

well that’s if your garage gets real hot in summer and real cold in winter..which would be a lot of stress on flowering plants ,,

Seedlings and plants in veg will handle stress better, so have them in the garage so that your flowering plants don’t cop extremes in temperatures.

And put some shit from the spare room in the garage (Plants are more important..lol.) to make room for a tent.
Ah good advice Sedge, many thanks. I can control indoors as I have ducted air con / heating. I'm thinking of just getting the tent now anyway, I wanna do it right this time round. And yes priorities 😆 ie:
(Plants are more important..lol.)

Last edited:

GlennT_59

Blooming
User ID
If smell control isn’t an issue the spare room will be fine. There’s many ways you can knock something together.
The only issue is light penetration while you flowering plants are asleep. If the room doesn’t have any light leaks then it will be fine.

You ladder setup is better than my first one 😆
A Kmart a frame shelf with a cfl light and wrapped insulation loosely around it. I was worried I would come back to a fire.

They were cacti seeds in there but I did think I could germ canna as well 🤦‍♂️

View attachment 31326
Cheers Shroomer, I don't really wanna stink the house out so thinking of just getting that AC Infinty kit you posted. Ya gotta start somewhere hey :D Current setup will do for now while I wait for it 😁

Top Bottom