Hi Friends.

BillyP32

Germinating
User ID
3rd year glasshouse grower with a couple of novice but reasonable grows. This year was horrible due to a block out of light due to a large shrub and a few other mistakes.

So I've just invested in a SF1000 grow kit and have only grown "Aussie Seed Bank" seeds that I am not confident are that great quality. Pretty small seedlings after about a month. But I am also learning how to grow under light.

I bought some seeds from Mediseed man the other day without doing any research and got nervous from the emails, that research bought me to this forum. Fingers crossed they turn out alright. So I also bought some seeds from Herbie's just in case.

So in the meantime I am gonna take in as much info from you lovely people that I can and try to improve my grows.

Cheers, Will.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
If only u had a squizz at this forum first Billy the kid
Might have saved ureself some dosh
Don't worry though mate, we all done same thing once or twice over the yrs
Welcome along buddy

Wargul

Vegetating
User ID
If only u had a squizz at this forum first Billy the kid
Might have saved ureself some dosh
Don't worry though mate, we all done same thing once or twice over the yrs
Welcome along buddy

Yep, I have yet to have a Mediseed germinate and my Herbies seem to be stuck in customs. Hopefully you have more luck than me, Billy.

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
The SF 1000 is a good little light but only uses 100 w so not much coverage ,but a good light for a small area to veg or flower in.
what size tent or grow area are you going to use ?

if Your plants look too compact then raise the light ,,I have had to do the same.

Its a good light for its size ,,I have two..
would love to try their 600 w light but can’t afford it.Hope you read this Spider Farmer.😊

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Welcome, billy. Good chance you'll enjoy your time growing indoors,

Just be sure to the research a decent light and ventilation system for the area you would like to grow in. Why i mention that is because its a mistake a lot of noobs make/made, myself included. Purchasing gear that comes up short of the requirements usually amount to wasted $$$ that probably should've went towards what gear you actually need to get the job done.

Regardless of that tidbit, many helpful folks here to help you along if you need it. (y)

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Welcome, billy. Good chance you'll enjoy your time growing indoors,

Just be sure to the research a decent light and ventilation system for the area you would like to grow in. Why i mention that is because its a mistake a lot of noobs make/made, myself included. Purchasing gear that comes up short of the requirements usually amount to wasted $$$ that probably should've went towards what gear you actually need to get the job done.

Regardless of that tidbit, many helpful folks here to help you along if you need it. (y)
Buy once. Cry once 👍. The poor man always pays twice

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
Old fark poor man buy nunce.
Fuck led just keep getting more expensive!
That's enough to make any prospective buyers CRY😭
I thought when tech improved and led became mainstream things would level out in price.
I don't see that!
I feel some company's prices are extortionate!
Whine over, welcome Billy !

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Seems to be a worldwide shortage of higher end LED's as well at the moment. Any half desirable units out there are "out of stock", with no one bothering to inform you when they might be back in stock.

Which brings me to the point that I tend to think recent advertising push by a few is to primarily stay relevant in today's market.

Edit: And because of this, there has been a price increase. I've noticed a couple of them being bumped up by as much as $200.

Alibaba, etc.. isn't the answer either. As a lot of 1 unit purchases have had the postage and handling marked upwards of $400 .

Last edited:

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
A trillion in debt what did we get for that fucking nothing.

Our kids and their kids are totally fucked it’s a fucking disgrace, the rich get richer and the rest of us get fucking nothing.

Need to bring manufacturing back and be self sufficient again, I use to work in the car manufacturing industry back in the day the amount of skills lots because stupid cunts want to save money buying a fucking rice burner Hyundai rather than an Aussie made vehicle you reap what you sow.

Yep it’s period Sunday again.

BillyP32

Germinating
User ID
The SF 1000 is a good little light but only uses 100 w so not much coverage ,but a good light for a small area to veg or flower in.
what size tent or grow area are you going to use ?

if Your plants look too compact then raise the light ,,I have had to do the same.

Its a good light for its size ,,I have two..
would love to try their 600 w light but can’t afford it.Hope you read this Spider Farmer.😊
70 X 70 X 160cm.
It all came in a kit with a fan and bits and pieces that I bought from hippie house.

I'll do a bit more research into the set up to start with, the instructions are pretty vague. I just guessed a bit because I was so keen to get started. Definitely a noob :$

As for the state of the world, we're all completely fucked. The money hungry powers that be are gonna burn us into the ground with their climate change denial and disregard for the working class.

Light up a joint and enjoy the ride.

Attachments

• PXL_20220302_035841793.jpg
    PXL_20220302_035841793.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 19
  • PXL_20220302_035834263.jpg
    PXL_20220302_035834263.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 19
Top Bottom