Don’t buy VIVOSUN

Dr.Clones

Germinating
User ID
I purchased their light a few months ago, and while the design is cool with a fan in the middle, the controller has been a major problem. It struggles to maintain temperature and humidity, working for about 10 minutes before it stops reading them entirely. The only way to fix it is by unplugging and replugging the sensor probe.

I reached out to their customer support, and they sent me a new controller. However, they later informed me that if the controller is plugged into the same outlet as the light, it will cause errors and won’t function properly. It needs to be connected to a separate outlet, but even then, it’s still malfunctioning. What’s even stranger is that the controller comes with a charger, but it works when it’s connected to the light with a network cable no charger needed. It’s a really odd setup.
IMG_7260.jpegIMG_7261.jpeg

Last edited:

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Goonie Goat

Curing
User ID
I purchased their light a few months ago, and while the design is cool with a fan in the middle, the controller has been a major problem. It struggles to maintain temperature and humidity, working for about 10 minutes before it stops reading them entirely. The only way to fix it is by unplugging and replugging the sensor probe.

I reached out to their customer support, and they sent me a new controller. However, they later informed me that if the controller is plugged into the same outlet as the light, it will cause errors and won’t function properly. It needs to be connected to a separate outlet, but even then, it’s still malfunctioning. What’s even stranger is that the controller comes with a charger, but it works when it’s connected to the light with a network cable no charger needed. It’s a really odd setup.
View attachment 50686View attachment 50687
I've got a 4 inch inline fan from them and it does the job fine in my 2x4. But I probably wouldn't purchase any lights or tents from them. I was tossing up whether to buy that controller and some clip on fans from them but I came to my senses. The Inkbirds will suffice for now.

Lots of people seem to have problems with those kinds of controllers, whether it's AC infinity, Mars or Vivosun.

Goonie Goat

Curing
User ID
I’ve never had any problems with ac infinity there stuff is top notch imo
Yeah atleast they eventually get around to fixing things if there's any problems. From what I recall the problem was some controllers would turn lights/fans off randomly by itself and it turned out to be some glitch in the early days just after the release.

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
Tried some vivosun hps lamps a few years back.
The were so shit they couldn't finish a grow,had to get a real lamp to complete the grow.🙄plus the retards wrapped it in vivosun branded plastic film😡

Goonie Goat

Curing
User ID
Tried some vivosun hps lamps a few years back.
The were so shit they couldn't finish a grow,had to get a real lamp to complete the grow.🙄plus the retards wrapped it in vivosun branded plastic film😡
They still do if I remember correctly, all their carbon filter boxes just get a shipping label slapped onto the box with 'CARBON FILTER' printed everywhere..

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
They still do if I remember correctly, all their carbon filter boxes just get a shipping label slapped onto the box with 'CARBON FILTER' printed everywhere..
Yeah I had that when I got a fan kit from them a couple of years ago. I sent them a complaint. Fucking stupid - they know that it's about.

Top Bottom