Home made LED

Hudo

Baked
User ID
I picked these up today for a steal. I will add the components to my other parts to make 2 480 watt lights. They consist of 2×480watt meanwell drivers and 8 × bars @ 3000k with deep red. Got them for 300 bucks the lot. He said they burnt his plants and on further inspection he running them at 1400ma lol the sweat spot for those bars Is 700ma so the plan is to run 2 strings of 8 (theres 2 strips per bar) in parallel to split them into 2× 700ma for total 480w then use the other driver to drive the 4 boards I've got at 120 watts a peice. Or 2 board in the centre and 2 bars either side thoughts? I have 2× lights in pic below

received_937662554259259.jpeg

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

BeBird

Germinating
User ID
Hey Hudo what driver model you end up with as well what strips are they cutter?. I run bridgelux EB strips at 700mA that way the don't need cooling. 1400mA they would. If your meanwell driver has dimming chuck a potentiometer dial on and you can dim as well. If you have to much heat in grow space unhook the drivers and put them external they generate a fair bit of heat (I have a small fan on my external drivers when lights on). Good luck mate love the DIY projects!

Hudo

Baked
User ID
There cutter boost strips 36v Max 1400ma the driver is HLG-480h-c1400b old mate had 8 on each driver them running @1400ma I'm going to run 16 on one driver bit split them into 2 lots of 8 wired in series . Then wire the 2 separate strings in parallel so that 1400ma splits in 2 driving them all @700ma

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Hey Hudo what driver model you end up with as well what strips are they cutter?. I run bridgelux EB strips at 700mA that way the don't need cooling. 1400mA they would. If your meanwell driver has dimming chuck a potentiometer dial on and you can dim as well. If you have to much heat in grow space unhook the drivers and put them external they generate a fair bit of heat (I have a small fan on my external drivers when lights on). Good luck mate love the DIY projects!
Are the EB from didgikey?

BeBird

Germinating
User ID
There cutter boost strips 36v Max 1400ma the driver is HLG-480h-c1400b old mate had 8 on each driver them running @1400ma I'm going to run 16 on one driver bit split them into 2 lots of 8 wired in series . Then wire the 2 separate strings in parallel so that 1400ma splits in 2 driving them all @700ma
Thats the go, not sure if know but with the parallel connection run the +ve one end and -ve the opoosite end of the 8xseries sets helps distribute load.

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Thats the go, not sure if know but with the parallel connection run the +ve one end and -ve the opoosite end of the 8xseries sets helps distribute load.
What you talking about is series. When wired like that the voltage adds up and current stays the same. In parallel the current is split and voltage stays the same. So + to + - to - so to get them to run at 700ma with my driver I need run 2 sets of 8 wired positive to negative(series) then wired to the driver. So there will be 2 strings @277v (drivers range is 171-343) but because there wired to the driver separately (parallel) the current will split and both strings will pull 700ma each. But if one string goes out the other will pull the whole load so when wireing like this you have to make sure the driver can't push more than the Max current than the strips can handle and heat sink needs to be good enough in case that happens

Top Bottom